Official Avengers 2017

I'll be there! If I'm brave enough to wear my Rey costume, I'll look like this... sans hoop. :)

Any other displaced LSers representing at the 10k?

Lurking back in to say that I'm so Disney brained I read your name as Ariel but now I totally get that it's aerial. You look amazing in your pic!!!!

I am running the 10K tomorrow. I have been up since 3:30 and in the parks all day, currently sitting in the hub waiting for fireworks and expecting a late night after I get out of here and into bed. I am going to be slow tomorrow morning for sure!

Another super fun course with amazing character stops and a Loki/Thor spinner medal! Awesome morning, hope everyone else had fun.

Awesome run this morning - five minute PR exactly. Came in at 1:08:32 :cool1:

The course support, again, was fantastic. I’ve been really happy with the character stops and support from paid staff and Disney cast. Tomorrow should hopefully be as awesome as today.

The 5K and 10K were great! Did anyone else notice the 10K course was off (less than 10K)? Not complaining for sure but just curious....?

Wow so far this is much better than Tink and the Disneyland half this year. I though runDisney was going to phone it in like they did the merchandise. Well done. I'm really going to miss running here!

Do they give high corrals to walkers to give them additional time to complete the race? Because I was in C and passed a lot of people that were walking right off the bat. Like watching corral A start, people were walking...in A, when there were faster people in B and C.

The 5K and 10K were great! Did anyone else notice the 10K course was off (less than 10K)? Not complaining for sure but just curious....?

It was pretty close per my two trackers. One showed longer and one was just short but I started it late too. My niece tracked well over 10k. I think the GPS gets wonky at times.

Do they give high corrals to walkers to give them additional time to complete the race? Because I was in C and passed a lot of people that were walking right off the bat. Like watching corral A start, people were walking...in A, when there were faster people in B and C.

No. They don't give walkers better corrals. The 10k is corralled on the honor system based on the estimated per mile pace entered during registration. The number of walkers seen is probably a combination of incorrect paces entered to get an improved corral, people racing with injuries and Galloway run/walk/runners on their walk intervals.

No. They don't give walkers better corrals. The 10k is corralled on the honor system based on the estimated per mile pace entered during registration. The number of walkers seen is probably a combination of incorrect paces entered to get an improved corral, people racing with injuries and Galloway run/walk/runners on their walk intervals.

Agree with camaker.

I imagine people also take the 10k slow if they are worried about conserving energy for the half (if they are challenge runners.) So they go slower than they are normally capable of. Vacation legs = slower too. I also know there is a much larger range of paces in A and B for Disney than other large races. Like I'm not usually in A or B with my 9+ min mile anywhere but Disney. So you get a bigger mix of paces I think in the top half of corrals.
Also probably a larger percentage of people running as groups/families = sometimes a slower pace. Just guesses.

Also many walk/runners can equal straight runners paces because their run is fairly quick vs their walk. At least from personal experience running things straight and yo-yo-ing with intervalers.

My Garmin came in at 6.17 - not complaining but others had 6.3 when I asked in line for finish photos.

Congrats to everyone who ran the 5K/10K! Excited for my first DL race tomorrow!

Quick question, how bad is the traffic to park? My hotel is two miles away, so I could technically walk to the start and back to the hotel afterwards, but I'm worried my legs might be dead by that point. Is it worth it to drive myself? I'd have to pay for parking, right? How about Uber/taxi, has anyone gone that route?

Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts