Official Avengers 2017

We are doing the back to back as well! I think my body is just getting enough rest this week to go for another 19.3. I'm glad we are staying on property and can roll out of bed just before the start, instead of getting up at 3am EST to get on a bus by 4am. For the Wine & Dine 10k, we got there way too early and sat around near/in the corrals for over an hour.

Yes! I finally feel pretty good today. Ready to do it all over again! Wdw bus at 3am was too much. I had a ride so I showed up at 430. Land is even better for us east coasters... that isn't so early!

I was hoping we'd see a preview of the race shirts today, but I'm beginning to think that isn't happening. I like that they stopped doing overall merchandise previews as that at least gives runners a better chance to get the merchandise instead of the secondary market resellers.

Also interesting that they're only using two hashtags for this weekend. #AvengersHalf and #runDisney Nothing for the 5K, 10K, or Infinity Gauntlet Challenge.

I hope runDisney goes out with a bang. Anything less that Tinkerbell, (the worst run race of the year) will be a major disappointment. We are still spending good money and have expectation, RD!

I noticed Rudy/Carissa never mentioned this race at all during the warm-ups to the Wine & Dine 10k and Half Marathons. They definitely plugged the Jan races enough though - "Who's joining us in January?"

Saturday will be the first time (1) I travel more than 30 miles to run (2) I run 6.2 miles (I did not quite make it to that distance in 'training'). What do you all pack in your bag for the race? What do you carry with you to the starting line in the morning? I generally leave my front door and run with kleenex, chapstick, andy my phone- so standing around for an hour is definitely new to me!

I pack eye drops (i wear contacts) and small purell- along with lip balm and tissues. I also have sport beans or gummy bears for longer distances.
If you think you will get cold waiting for the start - bring a foil wrap (silver emergency blanket type) or a throw away sweatshirt. These are usually tossed just as you get to the start line. Just make sure it is over the fence so others don't trip. Enjoy your race!!! Stop for the photo ops- but make sure there are others behind you still. And congrats on making it happen!

What do you all pack in your bag for the race? What do you carry with you to the starting line in the morning? I generally leave my front door and run with kleenex, chapstick, andy my phone- so standing around for an hour is definitely new to me!

If you think you will be cold, bring a trash bag or a thrift shop sweatshirt (we buy and bring these if it is a 'cold' start). I also bring a water and snack, as I like to be sure I don't start thirsty or hungry. Unlike others, I like a 5 hour energy about a half hour before the start too. More important on the East Mouse races, but still helps in Mouse West too. Upsets some stomaches though, so be careful.

My check bag may carry a hat or sunglasses, depending on the weather. Maybe sweatshirt. Usually something to buy a beer/champagne (why do we run?) and take a photo. Although, I run with my phone which holds my cc and id, and takes pics. My check bag is more used to hold the 3 or 4 waters I collect on the way out. Why pay $4 per bottle when rD is 'providing' them... (Yes, I will drink 3 or 4 waters in a day.)

Super excited about this run. In an insanely crazy way. We just finished the Wine & Dine Two Course Challenge. Had great fun before, during, and after this year. Doing the Gauntlet Challenge for the first time; our last DL rD race for a bit. And the crazy part... We are doing the Avengers to Vegas Challenge. So excited! And scared!

Wish more would do this challenge. I think it is going to be easier than it sounds. But this year is kind of special since this could be the last DL rD race for a while, and #VegasStrong. "I'm great, I got that "excited/scared" feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more. It could be, it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out."

Shirts are out on Facebook
Thanks for sharing that. Aside from the challenge shirt, I really like the designs. I'm only running the half, so that's the one shirt I'm getting, but I like the other designs too.

Super excited about this run. In an insanely crazy way. We just finished the Wine & Dine Two Course Challenge. Had great fun before, during, and after this year. Doing the Gauntlet Challenge for the first time; our last DL rD race for a bit. And the crazy part... We are doing the Avengers to Vegas Challenge. So excited! And scared!

Wish more would do this challenge. I think it is going to be easier than it sounds. But this year is kind of special since this could be the last DL rD race for a while, and #VegasStrong. "I'm great, I got that "excited/scared" feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more. It could be, it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out."
That's intense. Or as Darth Vader would say, "Impressive. Most impressive." It takes me a few days to get back to running after a challenge event. I can't imagine taking on a half hours after completing a challenge. Best of luck.

Shirts are awesome. :lovestruc It’s about time Black Widow got some love and I am so happy with the designs.

Is it two black shirts and a bright yellow shirt? :confused3

Shirts are awesome. :lovestruc It’s about time Black Widow got some love and I am so happy with the designs.

Is it two black shirts and a bright yellow shirt? :confused3
Looks like it. That challenge shirt is so plain. I get why they went with that design for the challenge medal, but that doesn't mean they have to go that way for the shirt as well. I like the dynamic action of the individual race shirts. Very appropriate for the theme. My favorite is either the Thor shirt or the Black Widow shirt.

Well, I've compiled my playlist for the race. It's got a few Marvel musical pieces thrown in there, but otherwise is a very heavy dose of Batman music and John Williams with an emphasis on Superman. For obvious reasons.

I have been here since Monday and just woke up in a panic about getting to the races (especially the 5K tomorrow which my whole family is doing with me). We are staying at a beautiful Airbnb that is about a 15 minute walk from Disneyland Hotel and Downtown Disney and have been walking to the parks everyday. We go right past where they are setting up the runner holding area to access Downtown Disney security and head for the gates, and I was so happy to be so close to the Start area.

But now I am wondering if they will let us come from that direction? Because we would need to go through security first, correct? Is it possible to walk South Walnut - Magic Way - Disneyland Dr for runner access?

Looking forward to checking out the expo at lunch and hopefully seeing some of you there.

If not, see you all this weekend. :banana:
I can't wait to see some merch pics today on facebook!

I love the Half shirt! Its my favorite of the 4 so I'm glad that its the only one I'm earning!

Question: Has anyone run a half or long training run while on antibiotics for a sinus infection? Anything I should be aware of? Just started antibiotics yesterday after trying to let it clear on its own for 10 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter