"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

You don't have to go to the right behind the buildings on Main St. We like to walk down Main St so we skip that first stop, and we get our ToT bags later when the party starts. We also don't ToT until much later when the lines are basically nonexistent, and even then only if we happen to walk by the ToT stops.

Perfect night for the party. Storms stayed away and the weather was perfect. Crowds also seemed lower than expected and the treat lines moved super quick. Got to the event at 3:30 and was in the park at 3:47 with the special event line. At air conditioned tiki bird bu 3:59!
They sped up the parade a little at 9:15 but it didn’t feel rushed, and they moved up fireworks by about ten minutes with an announcement made overhead due to possible weather which never materialized. Had an awesome view on Main Street of the fireworks with no crowd at all. They said the party was sold out but it sure didn’t feel like that. Also, got in line for the mayor’s popcorn bucket at 6:45 and snagged one by 7:05. All in all one of the best parties we have been too in years!

Last edited:

Perfect night for the party. Storms stayed away and the weather was perfect. Crowds also seemed lower than expected and the treat lines moved super quick.
Were the fireworks early? Did you get a push notification (my phone is sometimes with the kids).

Does the app stay updated for wait times during the party? We went to a HS After Hours party and I was surprised that I couldn't check wait times on my phone, only on the boards they had around the park.
The app does not display wait time between 6PM and 7PM but then shows them again for the party between 7PM and midnight.
We went to one of the Halloween Parties in 2021, and didn't really enjoy it too much (cost vs value trade was poor, and that Party ended at 10 PM, I believe [still under some COVID protocols]). We are planning to take a husband/wife birthday trip next year (sans kid), and I am leaning towards doing the Party, since we love Halloween. The new picture backgrounds for 20,000 Leagues, Toad, and Headless Horseman sort of drew our attention! Some of the criticisms this year remind me of my gripes from 2021 - huge crowds, long waits, limited actual food, all for a premium ticket price.

That said, if I don't really care about the rides (excepting BTRR, HM, and PotC) or trick or treating, might it still be worthwhile to people watch and enjoy wandering and seeing some of the parades, shows, and rarer characters (we'll skip the 7D and NbC characters, leaving them for the diehards) with a visit for the two of us? Also, if we are there Thursday, Friday, and Sunday night, I am leaning towards Friday night as the night (since we are taking Sat as a full resort day) - is there a significant difference in crowds on any of those nights that would favor one over the others?

I was even considering two MNSSHP nights to maximize our fun, but I'm definitely leaning back towards a single night now. Just want to make sure fun can still be had with structured goals :)
The photo backdrops I believe you are referring to are available during the day also so no need to make a special party visit for those. This was at 9:15AM on a non-party day.

IMG_3293.jpeg

Does the app stay updated for wait times during the party? We went to a HS After Hours party and I was surprised that I couldn't check wait times on my phone, only on the boards they had around the park.
It did last night. The all will say a rides are closed from the 6-7pm time frame since the park is technically closed and the party hasn’t officially started. After that, it was back up with wait times. I took this at 9:05pm.

Attachments

• IMG_1007.png
    IMG_1007.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 7
The only thing I want from there is the cajun Halloween burger. I really don't think I'd care for their food otherwise as I get pretty picky when it comes to Mexican. :)

Maybe it tastes really good, but we saw the person in front of us last night get it, and man, it did not look appetizing. The burger looked like a frozen Sam’s Choice patty. We got the wings, and they were actually really good, and I’m not a wing fan.

Were the fireworks early? Did you get a push notification (my phone is sometimes with the kids).
They did an overhead announcement at least twice that dude to inclement weather the fireworks would start in 15 minutes. We were getting off PP for the first one and in line for BTM for the second. Timed it perfectly since we were on the ride when they were exploding - gorgeous!

Our ressie for CRT is for breakfast the morning of the party at 8:00 (a Thrusday). I'm really looking forward to this as I've never gotten to eat in the castle before. As we have tickets and reservations, I thought we'd ride a few rides - outdoor stuff especially- and leave around noon. Go to hotel and swim or rest and come back at least by 2:00. Then eat dinner at Columbia Harbor Hse around 3:00 and join the party when the time comes. Is this even doable??

We do have another day to do MK so I won't be missing out.

That timeline will be really tough unless you are staying at The CR or The GF. Transportation to and from your resort could take at least an hour each, even if you're driving since you'd have to get to and from the TTC. Realistically, you likely won't get back to the MK until 4 or so, just when everyone else is arriving.

What time do people recommend getting to the TTC if you’re wanting to be in line for entry at 3:30? I was planning on 3, but will transportation from the TTC to MK be really backed up?

Our ressie for CRT is for breakfast the morning of the party at 8:00 (a Thrusday). I'm really looking forward to this as I've never gotten to eat in the castle before. As we have tickets and reservations, I thought we'd ride a few rides - outdoor stuff especially- and leave around noon. Go to hotel and swim or rest and come back at least by 2:00. Then eat dinner at Columbia Harbor Hse around 3:00 and join the party when the time comes. Is this even doable??

We do have another day to do MK so I won't be missing out.
I wouldn’t leave. Do some of the AC shows instead as your break.

Or… Mornings of the parties are AWESOME in the park, I wouldn’t want to spend it dining. Maybe a late afternoon CRT instead if you can find one? The crowds are so low those first few hours!

I wouldn’t leave. Do some of the AC shows instead as your break.

Or… Mornings of the parties are AWESOME in the park, I wouldn’t want to spend it dining. Maybe a late afternoon CRT instead if you can find one? The crowds are so low those first few hours!
Perfect time to do the Hall of Presidents!

Well, the CRT is engraved in stone. I was lucky to get it and it's paid for already. So... we will just play it by ear! If we can't last, we will leave and then come back - even if we wind up waiting. I've got the next day (which is also a party day) to do morning things. I really think it will be OK. And we might surprise ourselves and spend the whole day and night in MK - like we're kids again! Like you said - there's shows and plenty in the AC to do. Thanks guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter