"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are flying to Orlando tomorrow for our trip from the 15th to the 20th. Our MNSSHP night is Sunday the 17th.

We have been to Disney twice over the last few years since they opened Space 220 and this is our third trip. Despite trying each time right at our 60 day window we have never been able to get a Space 220 reservation... until just now.

The thing is, the reservation is for 6:30PM on Sunday, with MNSSHP of course starting at 7PM.

I am going to leave it to my wife what she wants to do as Space 220 has been a big want for her since it opened, and am going to try and snag a different time over the next couple days, but let's say this is the best we can do and between dinner and transportation we don't get to the party until 8PM.

Will we have any trouble getting in, miss anything super significant? I know this cuts down on our time for rides and that during this lower peak period. I am really torn. But trying to see how bad this will be for us if we try to do both our first MNSSHP and first Space 220 so close together. Thanks all!

Edit: Well, just got another alert and was able to nab a 3:10PM on the same day. A little unusual of a dining time, but we can make it work. Should let us get done and head over to MK without missing anything. Seems the secret to getting Space 220 was to stop using ************ and move over to ***********. Have use MW for the last couple trips and it's helped at times, but every Space220 was gone by the time I logged in, even if I went the minute the alert showed up. I just set up *********** a couple hours ago and already had luck with two reservations to Space 220.

Last edited:
We are flying to Orlando tomorrow for our trip from the 15th to the 20th. Our MNSSHP night is Sunday the 17th.

We have been to Disney twice over the last few years since they opened Space 220 and this is our third trip. Despite trying each time right at our 60 day window we have never been able to get a Space 220 reservation... until just now.

The thing is, the reservation is for 6:30PM on Sunday, with MNSSHP of course starting at 7PM.

I am going to leave it to my wife what she wants to do as Space 220 has been a big want for her since it opened, and am going to try and snag a different time over the next couple days, but let's say this is the best we can do and between dinner and transportation we don't get to the party until 8PM.

Will we have any trouble getting in, miss anything super significant? I know this cuts down on our time for rides and that during this lower peak period. I am really torn. But trying to see how bad this will be for us if we try to do both our first MNSSHP and first Space 220 so close together. Thanks all!

Edit: Well, just got another alert and was able to nab a 3:10PM on the same day. A little unusual of a dining time, but we can make it work. Should let us get done and head over to MK without missing anything. Seems the secret to getting Space 220 was to stop using ************ and move over to ***********. Have use MW for the last couple trips and it's helped at times, but every Space220 was gone by the time I logged in, even if I went the minute the alert showed up. I just set up *********** a couple hours ago and already had luck with two reservations to Space 220.
Way to go!

I wish I knew what was blocked out because now I wanna use whatever helped you! Haha!!

I think the real question here is how disappointed will you be in spending all that $$ for a hard-ticket event and your DON'T get to MK by 8pm.

I have no firsthand experience at this restaurant, but information I've read on-line indicates the dining experience may last as long as 90 minutes. You'll need to leave, and then get to MK which may take anywhere from 30-45 minutes depending on your transportation option. You may not get to the gates of MK until closer to 8:30-9, and by then Main Street will be full of folks waiting for the first parade.

Only you can decide which is most important. My experience with Disney in terms of timing and getting around is to take what you 'think' your schedule will be and assume it will take 45-60 minutes longer.

Way to go!

I wish I knew what was blocked out because now I wanna use whatever helped you! Haha!!

Pretty excited, hopefully it will be a good experience to make up for the trouble. Sorry about the site names, I looked on here to see if there was a site sponsor for this and maybe just missed it, or they block it for other reasons. Didn't mean to cause any issues, I actually found the site I used from another thread on here that still had the name, so very odd...

I think the real question here is how disappointed will you be in spending all that $$ for a hard-ticket event and your DON'T get to MK by 8pm.

I have no firsthand experience at this restaurant, but information I've read on-line indicates the dining experience may last as long as 90 minutes. You'll need to leave, and then get to MK which may take anywhere from 30-45 minutes depending on your transportation option. You may not get to the gates of MK until closer to 8:30-9, and by then Main Street will be full of folks waiting for the first parade.

Only you can decide which is most important. My experience with Disney in terms of timing and getting around is to take what you 'think' your schedule will be and assume it will take 45-60 minutes longer.

Thank you! That is good to know as far as the average dining time there. MNSSHP was a big reason for us making this trip, so in the clear light of day even missing a couple hours is probably not the best use of our time.

Thanks again!

Locations
Magic Kingdom Entrance Turnstiles
Tortuga Tavern
Fantasy Faire (Fantasyland)
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (Tomorrowland)
Just wanted to say that the Monsters Inc location was very tucked away across from Monsters inc not in it. It’s across and around a corner hidden. We had to ask several cms and none could point to it.

Someone on another site said the Nightmare Before Christmas popcorn bucket was sold out (like completely and will not be restocked). Is this true or was that person mistaken?

Someone on another site said the Nightmare Before Christmas popcorn bucket was sold out (like completely and will not be restocked). Is this true or was that person mistaken?
I bought one at the party on Sunday so if true it was after that. Anyone else at a later party?

I heard that they had a set number of merch stock for each night? So hopefully just the stock for that evening sold out?

Or… is this why the Mickey skeleton bucket arrived?

I heard that they had a set number of merch stock for each night? So hopefully just the stock for that evening sold out?

I wouldn’t think so since you can purchase the Mickey Skeleton at any time of day. The Nightmare Before bucket is a MNSSHP exclusive.

Perhaps as you say, they reached a limit at a particular party and only allocate a certain number for each one.

That time is way better. It takes 1.5 hr+ to dine sit down (took us 2.5 hrs back when they had been open for just a few months). Lounge is a bit faster (1 hour); you need to budget 1.5 hrs for travel and after 6 pm you shouldn’t have a long wait getting into Mk.

Some of the dining reservation finders you can’t mention here. stakeout and touring plans are good as well

I hope not. I was really looking forward to get one for our kids (just one for 3 kids)

I thought the same that maybe they just sold out for that night, but this person was adamant they were told it was sold out completely. I'm hoping they were just confused which is why I'd be interested to hear from someone who has been in the past couple of days.

Last edited:
People start lining up for the party at 2 pm! The DVC/annual pass? members used to get to line up at 2 pm inside the park for Jack & Sally. This seems a bit too early (3 pm should be ok to have a minimal wait for Jack & Sally?)

If someone can share their more recent experience lining up at 3 pm for people without day tickets that would be great (although we will be trying to enter at 2:30 with day tickets).

The party was extended until 1 am!

I bought one at the party on Sunday so if true it was after that. Anyone else at a later party?
I saw a video of someone with the popcorn bucket on Tuesdays party. So I guess tomorrows party will tell.

4 mins into the video:

Last edited:
Max powerline does a performance on stage in Tomorrowland as well and stops only on Main Street

The party was extended until 1 am!

I watched this video. The party was extended? On the video she said she knew it was going to happen because she had seen that on TikTok. Is this true? This is the first I have heard of it and I'm a MNSSHP veteran. We always leave after the midnight show. Has anyone ever been to a party that has been extended?

I watched this video. The party was extended? On the video she said she knew it was going to happen because she had seen that on TikTok. Is this true? This is the first I have heard of it and I'm a MNSSHP veteran. We always leave after the midnight show. Has anyone ever been to a party that has been extended?
I haven’t watched the video, because…I don’t want to 🤷‍♀️😂 But what does she mean it was extended? Like, if you’re in line for a ride at midnight, you’re going to be able to ride. From what I understand the shops stay open longer so people can shop while they filter out. So, what exactly was “extended” - like, ride lines and character meets still going on and accepting people in line past midnight? (Honestly not relevant for us, I’m just curious - I’ll be thrilled if we make it till midnight with the 8 year olds in our group, 1am would not be viable).

I haven’t watched the video, because…I don’t want to 🤷‍♀️😂 But what does she mean it was extended? Like, if you’re in line for a ride at midnight, you’re going to be able to ride. From what I understand the shops stay open longer so people can shop while they filter out. So, what exactly was “extended” - like, ride lines and character meets still going on and accepting people in line past midnight? (Honestly not relevant for us, I’m just curious - I’ll be thrilled if we make it till midnight with the 8 year olds in our group, 1am would not be viable).
Exactly! I'm not sure what it means. At 12:00, we are usually walking out of Adventureland. The ambient lighting turns off and spotlights come on. Cast members empty the trash. The barrels of candy are being wheeled away. It's evident you're not supposed to stay. So we make our way to the castle and watch Hocus Pocus and then browse/buy in the Emporium. Maybe things have changed? The last party my family was at was in 2019. We were supposed to go last year but Hurricane Ian came and we left town the morning of our party. An extra hour would be great though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter