• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

We're going to try dividing up the park lengthwise for the rest of the year--EITHER doing the soundstages/Chucky/Death Eaters and trying to get what we can out of the scarezones on that side, OR just working our way through the houses on the dead side with no scarezones. Hopefully that will help minimize the walking while also helping to maintain the immersion. Cause coming around through Springfield from the back of the park is just depressing. Will report back after we see how well that works tonight.
I wanted to report back on this, since we tried it last night. Dividing the park lengthwise worked MUCH better for us. We don't like to do houses before it gets dark, so we started in Richter's holding (ate dinner while we were waiting). Went straight to Diagon Alley when the park reopened, and were almost alone. Seriously, if you've ever wanted the chance to wander that area without crowds, right after HHN opens is THE best time. That also gave us plenty of opportunities for interactions with Death Eaters.

20231015_180649.jpg

Anyway, then we spent some time in the Shipyard 32 scarezone. I actually really like that one, now that we had a chance to relax and enjoy it. The scareactors are working super hard, and I saw some people run screaming, so they're doing something right.

At about 7:15 we headed over to Nightmare Fuel. Dad has a disabled pass, so we joined that line and were easily able to get front row disabled seats close to the center.

Then we started on houses. We got through everything on that side of the park (so Chucky and the soundstages), with Express, from 8:30-12:30. We also spent a good bit of time in Vamp '69. I like that one better now, but I still feel like it needs more something. Maybe more use of the stage? Anyway, the only soundstage we skipped was Bloodmoon. That's because Stranger Things was an hour wait in the Express line, and my dad's back was really starting to hurt by the time we came out. The Bloodmoon wait was short, so we could have done it no problem if he wasn't hurting. We also stopped in the Dr. Oddfellow's scarezone on the way out. It was pretty cool, and we plan to spend more time there on Wednesday.

Overall it was a really successful night. I'm not all about the "gotta do everything in a single night" mentality, I like to slow down and take in the details. And by doing just that side of the park, there was plenty to keep us engaged and immersed. It felt more balanced. Wednesday we'll do the other side of the park and hope that by doing those houses in a daisy chain we don't notice the stunning lack of street scares as much.

The donuts IMO were average, tasted like sugar level 5000.

Not bad just not "wow" .
Not to my taste either, too many other choices to carb out.

I am rather found of the voodoo donut guy as to his stunning good looks.

RE IoA NOT being used for HHN…

Parking my politics at the door, not intending to stir up a debate.

anecdotally, the story goes it’s been off the table since the Dr Seuss estate (specifically the late Mrs) complained re the respective vibes not jiving.

Do find it more than a bit ironic that whomever controls the IP, would actually turn around & forbid HHN being held in Seuss land.

IMO sniffs of being sanctimonious based upon the writer’s decades of carefully crafted cautionary allegories of good vs evil & human conduct in general, often pertaining to the racism/fascism/Totalitarianism of his time.

anecdotally, the story goes it’s been off the table since the Dr Seuss estate (specifically the late Mrs) complained re the respective vibes not jiving.

Do find it more than a bit ironic that whomever controls the IP, would actually turn around & forbid HHN being held in Seuss land.

IMO sniffs of being sanctimonious based upon the writer’s decades of carefully crafted cautionary allegories of good vs evil & human conduct in general, often pertaining to the racism/fascism/Totalitarianism of his time.
Interesting.

Of course HHN is not what it was back then so might not be as big a deal today for the Suess estate.
I sort of recall that being a bit more adult, lots of fire and motorcycles as well - nothing like it is today.

We have had similar issues in HP area in the past - I remember one year where it was open for the first few weeks of HHN and they were projecting images on the front of it and then it was dark and locked and closed the rest of HHN.

We now have the rumor that they cant do HHN in the Simpsons area because of Disney - so no roving chainsaws anymore :(

Im sure they could leave the Suess zone out of it - but then they might have similar issues with the other IPs - Marvel now owned by Disney and of course HP - who knows what they may or may not allow

Not sure if Epic will ultimately be part of HHN - but the logistics of that seem iffy and its a few years away.

They really need to figure out something as there are a lot of people frustrated with how tis gone this year

Not to my taste either, too many other choices to carb out.

I am rather found of the voodoo donut guy as to his stunning good looks.

RE IoA NOT being used for HHN…

Parking my politics at the door, not intending to stir up a debate.

HHN has been at Islands in the past. I know I have a map around here somewhere… That being said, I don’t think it should be in both parks. I do think Islands should be open until 10:00pm on HHN nights for those who would like to go there.

Attachments

• IMG_4783.jpeg
    IMG_4783.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4786.jpeg
    IMG_4786.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 4

HHN has been at Islands in the past
Indeed it has. Thot it would be interesting to list the history here. Courtesy of wikipedia:

The Orlando event was held at Universal Studios Florida from 1991 until 2001,

after which Halloween Horror Nights moved to neighboring Islands of Adventure for 2002 & 2003.

In 2004, a dual-park format was tested, which opened parts of both parks,

before returning exclusively to Islands of Adventure in 2005.

Making its return to Universal Studios Florida in 2006,

the event has been held yearly with the exception of 2020, when it was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, making it the first year that Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights was not held since its inception. The event later resumed with its 30th year in 2021

my only change to that would be they did have two houses open in 2020 during studio‘s day hours…included in regular admission.

Revenge of the Tooth Fairy andUniversal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives

will say I never appreciate the diversion of a house more than that trip! Kudos to Universal for spreading the spirit that year.🤟

Indeed it has. Thot it would be interesting to list the history here. Courtesy of wikipedia:

The Orlando event was held at Universal Studios Florida from 1991 until 2001,

after which Halloween Horror Nights moved to neighboring Islands of Adventure for 2002 & 2003.

In 2004, a dual-park format was tested, which opened parts of both parks,

before returning exclusively to Islands of Adventure in 2005.

Making its return to Universal Studios Florida in 2006,

the event has been held yearly with the exception of 2020, when it was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, making it the first year that Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights was not held since its inception. The event later resumed with its 30th year in 2021

my only change to that would be they did have two houses open in 2020 during studio‘s day hours…included in regular admission.

Revenge of the Tooth Fairy andUniversal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives

will say I never appreciate the diversion of a house more than that trip! Kudos to Universal for spreading the spirit that year.🤟
I remember seeing HHN was held at IoA, not sure how successful it was , i can imagine not very since they moved it back to US.

The amount of people i saw this past saturday had me in awe, since going just about every year up until the pandemic, i don't remember seeing so many people.

It's a good thing for UO i would imagine since their profits are probably through the roof

I will say though the M3gan actors/dancers were pretty cool

Morning.

Read some reports of people upgrading to ultimate express and thinking of doing that tonight.

We did Sunday night without express and managed 6 houses and have Thursday again with no express.

If so where would you start your evening? Would like to do Stranger things more than once if possible. Was thinking dragons twice for the 2 paths then Exorcist or should we be doing stranger things early? Happy to be in a stay and scream but not overly keen of standing in a long line to start our night.

Thanks for any advice.

Help anyone?
My daughter lives in Orlando and her and a friend bought tickets for this Friday. NONE of us have ever been and have no idea how to attack this. So if anyone has an idea for a plan I would be grateful. She works till 5:00pm no early entry or express

Ok - I'm having terrible trouble searching the forums but hope this is the right place:

What access do I get with just an HHN ticket (no regular park ticket)? Does the express pass for guests at certain hotels apply to the HHN tickets? TIA!

What access do I get with just an HHN ticket (no regular park ticket)? Does the express pass for guests at certain hotels apply to the HHN tickets? TIA!
You can access Universal Studios once HHN opens at 6:30pm - there will be crowds waiting to enter. There is also a resort guest entrance which will help with the initial crush of humanity at the gates.

EP from the hotel is not valid for HHN, you need to buy HHN EP separately.

You have done a fabulous job in sharing and helping so many of our readers!

Really and truly!

Many thanks for the years and hard work you have done to help all the readers!

Though I do have a Q.

I paid for HHN private RIP tour and months later bought an annual pass.
I called yesterday to get the 10% discount applied and now I'm being told it will only apply to the current price which is much higher.

That is not what I was told when I purchased the tour, had I known, I never would have bought the AP.
The gal who arranged the tour is avoiding my calls and I'm getting a bit ticked off.

Has anyone experienced this before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter