• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

This may have been posted earlier in the thread, and I'll be scanning it when I have a second to go through 37 pages, but my friends and I are just starting to plan costumes. Does anyone have any suggestion for where to find a running tank that's Star Wars themed? I don't mind wearing a regular t-shirt for the 10k, but for the half, I think I'm going to need some wicking!

Can't wait for race weekend.

This may have been posted earlier in the thread, and I'll be scanning it when I have a second to go through 37 pages, but my friends and I are just starting to plan costumes. Does anyone have any suggestion for where to find a running tank that's Star Wars themed? I don't mind wearing a regular t-shirt for the 10k, but for the half, I think I'm going to need some wicking!

Can't wait for race weekend.

There are a ton of shops on Etsy that make Star Wars running tanks. :)

What kind of temperature can we expect in early April at 5 am? I was looking at average highs and lows and it looks like the average low would be around 57. I think that's chilly. Any thoughts from those of you that have visited that time of the year?

What kind of temperature can we expect in early April at 5 am? I was looking at average highs and lows and it looks like the average low would be around 57. I think that's chilly. Any thoughts from those of you that have visited that time of the year?
I live 90 miles west of WDW, so about the same weather. Early April is changeable: normal would be around 60ish right before sunrise, but it can skew a bit warmer. But it's also about the last time until the following fall that we could get a cold front, in which case it could skew down into the 40s-50s. Count on humid.

I live 90 miles west of WDW, so about the same weather. Early April is changeable: normal would be around 60ish right before sunrise, but it can skew a bit warmer. But it's also about the last time until the following fall that we could get a cold front, in which case it could skew down into the 40s-50s. Count on humid.
Thank you, this is very helpful! I may need to plan a little jacket option for my costume since I get cold easily.

OK gang 9 weeks til the 5k! Last day of stupid cold weather here in eastern PA. I have a 10k on Sunday then it's on to training for the Rival Run Challenge for me. Anybody getting excited? Travel all planned? My fastpass day is Monday so I assume everybody else's is coming up soon. Our only priorities are of course FoP and Slinky Dog Dash.

OK gang 9 weeks til the 5k! Last day of stupid cold weather here in eastern PA. I have a 10k on Sunday then it's on to training for the Rival Run Challenge for me. Anybody getting excited? Travel all planned? My fastpass day is Monday so I assume everybody else's is coming up soon. Our only priorities are of course FoP and Slinky Dog Dash.
I finally booked a resort, so I've got somewhere to sleep, lol! Considered adding Thurs night, but everything I can afford is booked solid that night. I can't decide if that's a sign that I should not add that night, or if it's a sign to add the night and stay offsite. I'll see what Hilton has to say about it... ;)

Training-wise, I've got a local half in a few weeks and I'm still recovering from the WDW marathon, so that's my focus for now.

I’m so excited! This will be my first runDisney event and my first half (and it’s my birthday that weekend)! My FastPass day is tomorrow, gonna try to grab a Slinky Dog FP.

Training is going well, lots of time on the treadmill due to the cold and ice. I’m hoping to get outside soon to get some hills in and prepare for those overpasses I keep reading about!

Good luck with your 10k, SheHulk! And to PrincessV, good luck on your local half!

Fastpass day for me is Sunday. Excited for the races, looking forward to it a lot. Looking forward to this cold/snow streak we've had coming to an end so I can get back outside and off the treadmill.

We have flights all booked but don't have tickets yet so no fastpasses yet. We decided if we can't get Slinky Dog and FoP then we will rope drop for them. We have to buy stuff as we have funds, lol! I do have our room booked and 80% of the remaining cost of it is stashed away in my PayPal account. I try to add to it every time I get paid so I will have all the money by April!!

I'm so ready to go. I took a running break after Wine & Dine but picked up after the New Year. I'm so tired of running inside though and can't wait until I can get out. I'm booked for my trip and make my FP's tomorrow. I'm going the the AK after hours on my first night there so I don't have to worry about a FOP fast pass which is nice.

Got my fastpasses this morning. (For the right days this time. Last trip, I booked half my fastpasses for the wrong days.) Got SDD at 60+3 (Friday) in the evening, FoP was available at like 10am for 60+5 (Sunday) but that's the day of the half marathon and I won't be functional in the parks until at least noon, so got that at like 2pm.

Half marathon a week from tomorrow is my virtual race.

Flights have been booked, hotel booked (staying at POR), tickets purchsed, and our fastpass day was Wednesday - I couldn't get Slinky Dog, so we will rope drop it. Just have to purchase Memory Maker and work on running outfits. Oh, and come up with some money for this trip...o_O

I'm coming in the weekend before and staying at Wilderness Lodge. Got all my fast passes secured the other day, but had to set my alarm for 4am Pacific time to do it!

I ended up staying up until 4am last night. (I may have dozed a bit in there.)

I really miss when they became available at midnight Eastern. 9pm was a much more civilized time to get passes. Part of why I got the wrong days last time was that it was, well, 4am, and I was 80% asleep.

Fast passes done! Let the race nerves begin :) It's been so so cold this week. Running today and running a 5k tomorrow. We did a 5k last Sunday and even bundled and layered it was cold. It's supposed to be 40 tomorrow which means a wet run while the snow melts. It's a Super Bowl 5k, instead of a shirt you get a fleece blanket and there are wings and nachos at the end. My kids love it.

I've already been having the "OMG I forgot to pick up our bibs" dream and the "OMG I overslept and missed the race" dream. Can't believe how fast the time is going. Next up - figuring out what the heck to wear this year!

Hope everyone is staying warm and training is going well!

I got my fast passes this morning. We are doing the AK after hours on our arrival day on the 3rd so it was nice not needing to worry about a FOP fastpass. It is 60 degrees here in Missouri today so it was the first time I've gotten to run outside since right after the new year. It was great to get out, though I don't feel as prepared as I would like for a race two months away. I'm sure I'll be fine but it is coming quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter