Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Is there a list of charities you can run for Star Wars, it used to be so easy to find on the website. Is that not the case anymore? I have a friend who wants to do the race by raising money for his bibs.

NVM...just found them once this posted.

Interesting. I was jealous seeing that half went through MK. I was hoping that maybe they would take us that route in Star Wars as well. Either way, the more park time the better. The miles feel easy when I'm going through the parks.

I don't see them changing the course too much from 2017 and 2018. It is a great course. I hope they keep it the same and then save any changes for 2020 when they better have us run through Galaxy's Edge at HS! And they better not go back to the 2016 course, I hated ending in ESPN WWOS area.

Running princess last year was so boring, the only good part is the 1 mile in MK (LOL) otherwise it's all boring bland WDW roads.

I don't see them changing the course too much from 2017 and 2018. It is a great course. I hope they keep it the same and then save any changes for 2020 when they better have us run through Galaxy's Edge at HS! And they better not go back to the 2016 course, I hated ending in ESPN WWOS area.

Running princess last year was so boring, the only good part is the 1 mile in MK (LOL) otherwise it's all boring bland WDW roads.

They won’t go back to 2016. Only changes I could see in 2019 would be maybe adding toy story. Doubt it but only possible change.

Doubt they would ever go back to the 2016 course. That course was way too congested early on around the Boardwalk and walkway towards DHS. Not enough time for everyone to spread out prior to getting to that point.

I would anticpate changes in 2020 to go through Galaxy's Edge. No way could they have a Star Wars race and not go through the premier new land. Not to mention it will also be the 5th anniversary of the race as well.

Two questions:
1. I registered my friend for the half and he has serious doubts about completing it. Any possibility of downgrading him to the 10K?
2. I am registered for the Challenge. How do I upgrade myself to the Kessel and what exactly is the difference between the Kessel and Virtual? TIA.

Two questions:
1. I registered my friend for the half and he has serious doubts about completing it. Any possibility of downgrading him to the 10K?
2. I am registered for the Challenge. How do I upgrade myself to the Kessel and what exactly is the difference between the Kessel and Virtual? TIA.

Not sure about downgrading. Probably need to contact rD about that.

In order to get Kessel, you have to sign up for the Virtual and Half/Challenge. You run the Virtual anytime on your own between no and March 31. Since you have already signed up for the Challenge, you might need rD to help you switch it over to Kessel, assuming you want to do the virtual half.

This was the same course for last weekend's WDW half, and I agree that it was such a boring course. Not nearly enough park time, although I definitely enjoyed the MK part.

So we have not officially signed up.....in the next 24 hours we should be. My husband just did the half marathon for marathon weekend. Saw my reaction of not getting a run event (i don't really run these days) but IF we do this I will be doing the 5k and he will be doing the 10K just to keep himself going.

Excited as far as a run disney event....it wasn't till about 3 years ago I even started getting into Star wars (new stuff) I know I used to fall asleep to the old stuff years ago but willing to try the old stuff now) Hubby is a HUGE star wars fan...should see our lego collection.

So we have not officially signed up.....in the next 24 hours we should be. My husband just did the half marathon for marathon weekend. Saw my reaction of not getting a run event (i don't really run these days) but IF we do this I will be doing the 5k and he will be doing the 10K just to keep himself going.

Excited as far as a run disney event....it wasn't till about 3 years ago I even started getting into Star wars (new stuff) I know I used to fall asleep to the old stuff years ago but willing to try the old stuff now) Hubby is a HUGE star wars fan...should see our lego collection.

Awesome. I lost over 60 lbs last year training for the Wine & Dine half. I put on about 25 of those in the couple of months after the race. I told my wife I need a Disney Race to get me back on track. I'm back to training for the Star Wars events. It's an expensive way to stay in shape, but I'm really hooked on these events. Have a great run.

Ok now that Marathon Weekend is over we are the second race weekend in line! Anybody started their training plan for these races yet?

I’m training for a 10k the first Sunday in Feb and then I’ll start focusing on this race I guess. Have to admit I don’t have a time goal so I’m taking a lackadaisical approach.

Two questions:

I downgraded my daughter from the Full to the Half Marathon a few years ago (then the half was cancelled and she ran the full anyway, doh!). I believe I emailed runDisney, then they sent me a pdf transfer form to fill out and send back. You have to register for the new race, then wait for them to issue a refund for the first race. Not sure if they still do it that way so my first step would be to call runDisney. It was a $45 fee to transfer then (2016).

Ok now that Marathon Weekend is over we are the second race weekend in line! Anybody started their training plan for these races yet?

I’m training for a 10k the first Sunday in Feb and then I’ll start focusing on this race I guess. Have to admit I don’t have a time goal so I’m taking a lackadaisical approach.

I'm running all 3. The 5k with my wife, 10 year old daughter and her friend. It's going to be a slow race. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to hit the half hard or the 10k and use the other race to get pictures. I missed the cutoff for an earlier corral by 7 minutes from the Wine & Dine half which I could have easily made up if I would have known the cutoff. I started training again in early January, though mostly indoors due to frigid weather in the midwest. I'm hoping to get outside soon.

I'm getting ready to run a half on Feb 2, so I'll just keep on keeping on until SW Weekend. I'm doing all 3 races but I plan to run them all easy/slow because my "A" goal race is a half on April 14.

In other news, I think I at least have some costume ideas narrowed down. o_O

I somehow missed the medals at Marathon Weekend, but did see a short video a friend took... I take back my hatred and amend with I kind of dig the double spinner challenge medal!

Training? Hard pass for me right now. No running at all for a while until I recover from the marathon.

Day 1. of training for my 5k.....I told my husband I won't do a 5k unless i have the support from him.....meaning he needs to make time in his busy work schedule to make it home before dark/dinner so I can make my runs and watch the kids. Well guess what....he's going to walk it the door right at dinner time. and I can't run after dark due to not having the proper night time running gear. Where I live we have to have certain running stuff to run in the dark.

Day 1. of training for my 5k.....I told my husband I won't do a 5k unless i have the support from him.....meaning he needs to make time in his busy work schedule to make it home before dark/dinner so I can make my runs and watch the kids. Well guess what....he's going to walk it the door right at dinner time. and I can't run after dark due to not having the proper night time running gear. Where I live we have to have certain running stuff to run in the dark.

Do you have a local gym that has a walking/running track that you could use? I always prefer to be outside, but weather is miserable in the Midwest right now with a ton of snow and below freezing temperatures with no end in sight. I go to our local YMCA and use the track there (I use treadmills only as a last resort). It's not ideal but if you have one it may make coordinating between you and your husbands schedule easier. Best of luck to you on your training.

Do you have a local gym that has a walking/running track that you could use? I always prefer to be outside, but weather is miserable in the Midwest right now with a ton of snow and below freezing temperatures with no end in sight. I go to our local YMCA and use the track there (I use treadmills only as a last resort). It's not ideal but if you have one it may make coordinating between you and your husbands schedule easier. Best of luck to you on your training.

The problem is I ALWAYS have a kid with me. I am a stay at home mom. I use a local gym that is free on friday's when i don't have kids but currently that is my only real running day unless its the weekends. Plus i need to start training outside as I haven't done that in a while and it is different compared to running on a treadmill.

Last edited:
hmmmm sorry I've been there. I was a SAHM when my kids were small and DH had long hours too. I'm sure you have heard every kind of advice but hopefully you and he can work out your schedules. Even if it's only one weekday that he can make time but then you have Friday and the weekends, you can make that work. But I know it sucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter