"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried searching but there is a lot of information and I can't find the specific answer I'm looking for.
Is there a dessert party that we can book where we can see both the fireworks AND parade? Tony's is parade view - I didn't see any mention of fireworks though.
I'm guessing we can't see the parade from the Tomorrowland Terrace?
Obviously this is our first time - and my first time back to WDW in around 20 years so I have absolutely no clue and maps are not helping me.
Read first post of this thread, all the info is there.
There's no combined parade and fireworks reserved viewing option

Read first post of this thread, all the info is there.
There's no combined parade and fireworks reserved viewing option
I CNTRL+F word searched the first page - and read about the individual parties but due to the fact that I didn't see the language indicating that there is no party where you can see both - I asked. THANKS!

I tried searching but there is a lot of information and I can't find the specific answer I'm looking for.
Is there a dessert party that we can book where we can see both the fireworks AND parade? Tony's is parade view - I didn't see any mention of fireworks though.
Obviously this is our first time - and my first time back to WDW in around 20 years so I have absolutely no clue and maps are not helping me.

For a brief moment in time, WDW offered a special event dessert party that had both parade and fireworks viewing. It was fabulous. Now they offer separate parties. You won't be able to see the parade clearly from the terrace. Your best bet is probably to do the dessert party and then find a spot for the second parade. Or, if it's in your budget, you can book both parties - I believe you would need to call in to WDW dining to do that.

Specialty Food & Beverage
Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Holiday Cinnamon Roll – Main Street Bakery (Mickey shaped cinnamon roll garnished with red and green icing and Mickey Santa hat)
MK_BAKERY_Full_HolidayMickeyCinnRoll.png

• Olaf’s Frozen Hot Chocolate – Main Street Bakery (Gluten friendly chocolate cake, layered with chocolate crisps, chocolate panna cotta and marshmallow fluff)
Olafs-frozen-hot-chocolate-10.21.22-AM-1.png

• Snowflake Brownie – Casey’s Corner (Chocolate brownie decorated with a snowflake, piped with icing)
0926ZR_1495AFN.jpg

• To Be Jolly Float – Plaza Ice Cream Parlor (Minnie Mouse inspired peppermint iced coffee, vanilla ice cream, topped with crushed peppermint and a Minnie Mouse chocolate bow)
0926ZR_1907AFN.jpg

Adventureland
  • An Orange Bird Christmas – Sunshine Tree Terrace (Orange scented white chocolate mousse filled with orange curd, a candied orange peel on top of a citrus almond cream)
0926ZR_0044AFN.jpg

• Cherry & Pistachio Float – Aloha Isle (Cherry and Pistachio flavored soft-serve swirled together, served on top of cold hot chocolate)
CherryPistachiofloat.png

• Kakamora Float – Aloha Isle (Coconut soft-serve served on top of pineapple juice, blue curacao syrup and garnished with a chocolate Kakamora cake pop)
0926ZR_2542AFN.jpg

Frontierland
  • Sven’s Carrot Cake – Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (Carrot cake topped with cream cheese icing, sugar carrots and a Sven chocolate piece)
0926ZR_0733AFN.jpg

• Jolly Tamale Christmas – Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (Three house-made tamales filled with shredded chicken and a trip to the fixings bar)
JollyTamale.png

• Christmas Churros – Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe/ODV Churro Carts (Mini churros topped with red and green sprinkles)
MK_PECOS_Square_HolidayChurroBites.png

Liberty Square
  • Santa Mickey Waffle Sundae – Sleepy Hollow (Red velvet Belgium Mickey Santa waffle served with mint chocolate chip ice cream drizzled with caramel, candied pecans and powdered sugar)
MickeyWaffle-UPDATED.jpg

Fantasyland
  • Gaston’s Cheese Dip – Gaston’s Tavern (Beer cheese dip with smoked bacon served with antler shaped breadsticks)
0926ZR_2159AFN.jpg

• Gingerbread Sundae – Storybook Treats (Gingerbread soft-serve sundae topped with whipped cream, biscuit pieces served in a Minnie dot boat with a Minnie waffle wafer topper)
0926ZR_1633AFN.jpg

Tomorrowland
  • Christmas Cookie Sundae – Auntie Gravity’s (Cookie flavored doft-serve, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, sprinkles and a chocolate piece served in a Minnie dot boat)
0926ZR_1462AFN.jpg

• Christmas Cookie Milkshake – Auntie Gravity’s (Cookie butter flavored milkshake topped with whipped cream and a Mickey marshmallow straw)
0926ZR_1122AFN.jpg

• Carved Turkey Sandwich – Cosmic Ray’s (Oven Roasted Turkey BLT- Roasted Turkey, Apple Wood Smoked Bacon, Smoked Gouda, Chipotle Garlic Aioli, Lettuce, and Tomato on a Roll served with French Fries or Apple Slices)
Carvedturkeysan.png

• Deck the Halls – Cosmic Ray’s (Frozen Eggnog and Confetti Sprinkles topped with whipped cream and a novelty light up Christmas bulb)
0926ZR_2390AFN.jpg

• Tis the Season – Cool Ship (Jet chilled orange Fanta mixed with cranberry juice and green apple boba)
0926ZR_1936AFN.jpg

I found this list of the complimentary snacks here someplace :) But I would like to know what flavor(s) is a Fanta?

Holiday Treats
Main Street, U.S.A

Market Street: Welcome Holiday Treat (until 8 p.m.)
Adventureland
Tortuga Tavern: Fanta and Snowman Pretzel
Jungle Cruise: Ginger Molasses Cookie
Frontierland
Golden Oak Outpost: Snickerdoodle Cookie
Liberty Square
Diamond Horseshoe Saloon: Eggnog and Chocolate Chip Cookie
Fantasyland
The Friar’s Nook: Chocolate Chip Cookie
Pinocchio Village Haus: Hot Chocolate, Fanta and Snickerdoodle Cookie
Storybook Snacks: Snowman Pretzel
Miner’s Cove: Peppermint Crunch Cookie
Tomorrowland
The Lunching Pad: Apple Cider and Ginger Molasses Cookie
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café: Hot Chocolate, Apple Cider and Peppermint Cookie
Available until 12 a.m. Healthy options available by request. Subject to change.

Is this list the specialty treats available for purchase? I am looking for the list of complimentary treats, but I don't think it's out yet. Where did you find this one?
These are the ones you buy. This is gettin the HUB

I just read that this year the Christmas fireworks (the new show) is visible from more places in the park than ever before and that watching from behind the castle, in Fantasyland, might be a good idea. So my question is, does anyone know if the music will be audible from back there as well? I guess maybe this is a stupid question... but just thinking out loud here and trying to ward off any possible disappointment from vacation-mates!

I just read that this year the Christmas fireworks (the new show) is visible from more places in the park than ever before and that watching from behind the castle, in Fantasyland, might be a good idea. So my question is, does anyone know if the music will be audible from back there as well? I guess maybe this is a stupid question... but just thinking out loud here and trying to ward off any possible disappointment from vacation-mates!
The fireworks have always been visible from almost everywhere in the park. They do pump the music behind the castle

The fireworks have always been visible from almost everywhere in the park. They do pump the music behind the castle

I thought so LOL. Yes, they've always been visible, but never actually planned for people seeing them from "behind". What I read is that Minnie's special Christmas fireworks (forgot the actual name) is the first fireworks show actually programmed to be visible from all over the place and not specifically directed toward Main STreet. However, the projections on the castle of course can only be seen, well, if you can see the front of the castle :) But in general my family and I just care most about the actual pyro-show! :-)

Not sure if this is possible, but could you follow the end of the 1st parade to get a spot to see the fireworks on the street versus camping out?

We will be attending the MVMCP and also the Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace. Can someone tell me that has attended it in the past how it works. I know you are suppose to arrive an hour before the fireworks at the Tomorrowland Terrace but what happens when you get there. Thanks for any information.

I found this list of the complimentary snacks here someplace :) But I would like to know what flavor(s) is a Fanta?

Fanta is actually a brand that comes in many flavors. However, if it is listed by itself (as the name of the soda), it is generally the orange flavor.

So, I did the Tony's party last year and have it booked again. We also did the Cruella party 3 weeks ago. After checking in, having a drink and some snacks, we headed up Main Street to watch the fireworks. We wanted to get close so my son could see Jack. We did. While not as comfortable as the Plaza Garden which we did once for HEA, we had no problem getting a good view of the projections and fireworks. Now for the parade, we walked out 10 minutes before the parade got down Main Street and sat on the curb with the most amazing view. We enjoy this party so much and it's a great break from the main party chaos. I would choose Tony's over the fireworks dessert party every single time.

I bought a MVMCP ticket and am now second guessing my choice....maybe some buyers remorse. If i decide not to go is there anything at all i can do with the ticket (donate, maybe?) use the $$ for something else at WDW? (I know i can’t sell it or get a total refund)

I bought a MVMCP ticket and am now second guessing my choice....maybe some buyers remorse. If i decide not to go is there anything at all i can do with the ticket (donate, maybe?) use the $$ for something else at WDW? (I know i can’t sell it or get a total refund)
YMMV, but “no refunds” doesn’t always mean no refunds. There have been numerous reports of people getting refunds or applying the funds to a different event or ticket type. All depends on the CM you speak with. If you don’t get an answer you like, you can always hang up and try speaking with another CM.

I was told that also recently at guest services in Disney Springs.
I purchased 6 tickets without verifying with family... so in a panic I inquired about options. They did imply it depended on circumstances. But probably trying to answer in Disney talk No guarantees and we really want you to follow the guidelines. I think it could be used towards your next visit entry.

I thought so LOL. Yes, they've always been visible, but never actually planned for people seeing them from "behind". What I read is that Minnie's special Christmas fireworks (forgot the actual name) is the first fireworks show actually programmed to be visible from all over the place and not specifically directed toward Main STreet. However, the projections on the castle of course can only be seen, well, if you can see the front of the castle :) But in general my family and I just care most about the actual pyro-show! :-)
This is great news and I hope it’s true!! I was actually thinking it might be the case but since we’re going to the 1st party this Friday I had no one to confirm this...

We pretty much always watch the fireworks from fantasyland when we’re in the park because the hub gets so crowded. It’s really nice behind the castle because the fireworks are all around you and you can hear everything - and still have lots of space to move. Like you, we’re in it for the fireworks and don’t mind missing the projections.

When I saw the video clip of the new Xmas fireworks show with lights on the castle dancing to the Christmas carols, i loved it! I wanted to book the dessert party just so we could see it without crowds but that party is booked. The dancing lights on the castle brought back memories of the Osborne Xmas lights in hs that I loved...

As I watched the video again it seemed like the way the castle was lit up with the dancing lights, it could be all around the castle! I’m really hoping those dancing lights are on the back of the castle!! I will be so happy if they are!!!

From what you read about this being new and the 1st time they’re doing something, I’m really hoping this is what they mean. It would be super magical!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter