"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be staying 3 nights Dec 17-20 at Hard Rock Hotel to visit Universal/Harry Potter World (We arrive 8:30 am Tuesday 17th and fly home late on the Friday 20th). We are also big Disney fans (have been to WDW multiple times but not in the past 2 years) and would like to fit in a Christmas Party into our short trip. I’m trying to decide if we should stay all 3 nights at Hard Rock and just Lyft/Uber to/from MVMCP (from contemporary?). Or we could switch to a Disney hotel (probably a monorail hotel for convenience) for our last night (Thursday night of the party) so that we could get back to our room more easily after the party. Another option is that we could add another night and fly home on Saturday the 21st (and go to the Friday night 20th party instead of Thursday 19th)- but I was thinking the Friday night one might be significant more crowded? Thoughts? This is our first time to Universal so I’m not sure how much of a pain it will be to get back to Hard Rock Hotel if we stay until midnight at MVMCP?

Not that bad. After the party, walk over to Contemporary and take Uber back to Hard Rock.

We will be staying 3 nights Dec 17-20 at Hard Rock Hotel to visit Universal/Harry Potter World (We arrive 8:30 am Tuesday 17th and fly home late on the Friday 20th). We are also big Disney fans (have been to WDW multiple times but not in the past 2 years) and would like to fit in a Christmas Party into our short trip. I’m trying to decide if we should stay all 3 nights at Hard Rock and just Lyft/Uber to/from MVMCP (from contemporary?). Or we could switch to a Disney hotel (probably a monorail hotel for convenience) for our last night (Thursday night of the party) so that we could get back to our room more easily after the party. Another option is that we could add another night and fly home on Saturday the 21st (and go to the Friday night 20th party instead of Thursday 19th)- but I was thinking the Friday night one might be significant more crowded? Thoughts? This is our first time to Universal so I’m not sure how much of a pain it will be to get back to Hard Rock Hotel if we stay until midnight at MVMCP?

If what time you get back is important, Monorail Resort is the way to go. But if you're talking convenience of travel, I think Ubering back from Contemporary is a solid strategy (or GF if that walkway is open yet). The busses will be mobbed, and the monorails will probably be pretty hectic with people trying to get back to the TPP parking lot. I know we're going to sneak out that way and we're staying Disney Springs.

Can anyone confirm which attractions are open party nights?

Have they officially announced which rides will be open. The list on Disney site is very small. I only saw space mountain for future land.

Refer to Post #1 - Attractions Open during MVMCP

In past years, Disney's official website wasn't updated until week of party. If I recall correctly, last year the website was not updated. All are subject to change. If under refurbishment, there'll be a note on Post #1 beside that attraction. The party map will list all open attractions too. Party map typically released day of 1st party now.

I would probably make the switch to a MK resort on the night of the 19th. IMHO, you can see all of Uni/IOA in the days you have there (Tuesday, Wednesday, even Thursday am before switching to MK). You could then move to WDW, check in to your hotel and go to the party. If it's available and in your budget, I would seriously consider CR. There is nothing easier than just simply walking back to your resort after the party, especially if you are staying until the end when there is an exodus of people. Ubering back to Hard Rock isn't a terrible idea, but it is going to add at least an hour onto your evening to get back to the hotel. If you stay at a WDW resort your last evening, you will also have access to Magical Express to get you back to the airport on your check-out day if that is a factor at all. I, too, would probably pick the Thursday party, however, an extra day of vacation is always fun!

I’m staying at RPR and HRH from Dec 19-26. I decided to stay at Universal and Uber for the last 2 Christmas parties. Like you a Disney fan who wants her fix lol!
I think if you only have 3 nights I would just stick with staying at Hard Rock Hotel. I feel walking to Contemporary and Uber/ Lyft/ taxi is very easy. Adding more night/s is always fun. I have read rumours that the last 2 parties would be sold out though, not sure how much more crowded it would feel 19 vs 20 but I guess it depends on what your expectations are.

The stage has been extended at the castle for the tapings, so for the party on the 8th you can't really get close to the regular stage

No discounts will be given for December 20 and 22 on party tickets, so no discounts for Annual Passholders and/or Disney Vacation Club Members

Edited:
At this time, CM discounts will be during the third and forth week in Nov. more could be added.

Military Discounts are offered on all of these dates this year! :eek: What a positive change! :thumbsup2
LINK

Also confirmed:
Disney Vacation Club Members with Blue card and their guests can get a head start on the fun with entry to Magic Kingdom park as early as 2:00 PM!

Simply present your valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and your event ticket at the main entrance touch points to take advantage of this benefit. Valid for the Member and up to 7 guests with tickets to this event—a total of 8 people. LINK

Last edited:
I have never been to a sold out party before but I see that two have already sold out. What are the crowds like on those nights if we don't want to meet characters and plan to watch the second parade? Are they still crazy?

I have never been to a sold out party before but I see that two have already sold out. What are the crowds like on those nights if we don't want to meet characters and plan to watch the second parade? Are they still crazy?
Only one has sold out, the first one
Crowds are large but if you plan for it you should be fine, especially since you're not doing characters

The stage has been extended at the castle for the tapings, so for the party on the 8th you can't really get close to the regular stage
So there’s taping on Nov 7th, 9th & 10th, is the 10th at the stage in front of Cinderella Castle? Will the extensions be removed prior to the 11th party?

So there’s taping on Nov 7th, 9th & 10th, is the 10th at the stage in front of Cinderella Castle? Will the extensions be removed prior to the 11th party?
They haven't really said where and when they are taping so not sure when the stage will be removed

Who watched "A Frozen Holiday Wish’ at Magic Kingdom Park" live?

This nightly show, which guests can enjoy at Magic Kingdom Park, stars the royal sisters Anna and Elsa, and their friends Olaf and Kristoff. In this must-see spectacle, Queen Elsa uses her magical powers to present a gift to everyone in the kingdom by transforming Cinderella Castle into a shimmering ice palace for the holidays.

For anyone going to MK on Nov 9th & 10th keep an eye on the Entertainment & Show schedules, I believe they will change due to the taping.

Also see: Times Guide as some of these changes have been noted for Nov 3-9 .

Over on the: Magic Shot - Current Listing thread

I have added a new photo opportunity for Disney Vacation Club Members in the: MICKEY'S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY - 2019 post.

This year Disney Springs PhotoPass Studio is offering TWO Magical Holiday Photo Backdrops, be sure to ask your photographer for one of the two Member backdrop options. Reservations are not required in order to visit, so guests can swing by any time to take part in the fun photos.

Also if interested feel free to take a look at all the 2018 MVMCP photos, magic shots and props: LINK

I tried searching but there is a lot of information and I can't find the specific answer I'm looking for.
Is there a dessert party that we can book where we can see both the fireworks AND parade? Tony's is parade view - I didn't see any mention of fireworks though.
I'm guessing we can't see the parade from the Tomorrowland Terrace?
Obviously this is our first time - and my first time back to WDW in around 20 years so I have absolutely no clue and maps are not helping me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter