"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these MNSSHP sellout dates make me think I should bite the bullet and finally purchase my MVMCP tickets. I imagine there will be another party pass.

I hope it is alright to ask this question here as opposed to dining...I have always been at MK all day on our party days. This time I was wondering if having an out of park dinner reservation...Chef Mickeys at 5pm or Ohana or Story Book at 4pm.................how difficult is it to get back into MK when that seems to be the time that people who are coming strictly for the party are at the entrance (lines)......Should I keep a Crystal Palace ressie I have in park instead? I hope I explained myself properly...lol.

I hope it is alright to ask this question here as opposed to dining...I have always been at MK all day on our party days. This time I was wondering if having an out of park dinner reservation...Chef Mickeys at 5pm or Ohana or Story Book at 4pm.................how difficult is it to get back into MK when that seems to be the time that people who are coming strictly for the party are at the entrance (lines)......Should I keep a Crystal Palace ressie I have in park instead? I hope I explained myself properly...lol.

We entered around 6 last year and there was basically no one else going in.

I just discovered there’s a party the night I arrive in early November. Never done the Christmas party, just Halloween. Would I be nuts trying to do it considering I fly in on the first flight of the day? I’m staying solo at BC.
I've done this the past 2 years...…..MNSSHP 2017 & MVMCP 2018.....and doing it again this year in Nov for MVMCP 2019!! We fly in early, relax around the hotel and head to the park by 4:00. I will say, we do not make it to RD the next morning. Also, our flights are very short only a little over an hour. But, it's one of my favorite days!!!

I would keep the ADR at Crystal Palace. Last December on a party night around that time of day, while staying at the Poly, we hopped on the monorail to get to the GF for an ADR and monorail and lines to get on were very busy with party goers

We will be at the Nov 8 MVMCP and are excited to see the different characters but don't want to spend our whole time at the party in line for characters. Looks like the first party sold out the last couple years. Will the lines for the more popular characters (Jack Skellington, Dwarves, Scrooge McDuck and Nick and Judy) still be about 30-60 minutes or will they be longer?

We are planning to line up for Jack and Sally around 4:30, then heading to Dwarves (hopefully around 5:00), then Scrooge McDuck, and finally Nick and Judy with snacks along the way. Is there anyway to get all that done in 3 hours or so? Or should we save some to later in the night?

Are November dates already selling out? I haven’t bought for November 14 (a traditionally lower attendance date).

We've had to change our trip, and purchased MVMCP tickets already. Should I be able to unlink them from MDE and sell them?

All these MNSSHP sellout dates make me think I should bite the bullet and finally purchase my MVMCP tickets. I imagine there will be another party pass.

Possibly, and the party pass was added late. Then party ticket kiosks for purchasing tickets.

It really depends on your party plans or what you plan to accomplish. The lines to enter the party won't be the issue. DVC can enter at 2pm and regular MVMCP guests and 4pm. 5pm dinner not end to 6pm. Monorail MK would be last stop. Walking 10-15 minutes with security check and pass of you walking. So not entering until 7pm. Missed a lot of the party and 3 FP+ option. Popular characters and those meeting early lines are now long too. Story book 4, then end around 5:30, boat or bus to MK, 30minutes maybe then any wait time, then entering park. I would keep CP ADR.

We've had to change our trip, and purchased MVMCP tickets already. Should I be able to unlink them from MDE and sell them?

Even though tickets are stated as non-refundable, you can call to see if you can change tickets to a different date, if one available on new dates, or explain your situation. PP have been able to change dates and get a refund. If that doesn't work, try again and maybe it will with the next CM. Just note you may not get a refund.

Not sure about unlinking, I believe button on person's tickets says non-transferable.

Are November dates already selling out? I haven’t bought for November 14 (a traditionally lower attendance date).

No. Sold out parties and the the dates they sell out on will be on Post #1 under the party dates. You can go to Page 1 to Ghosts of Christmas Pasts Post and which dates sold out and when for past parties. Typically the 1st party sells out, however MNSSHP Party 1 did not sell out this year.

I am going to the second party in November, not sure it being on a holiday would impact things but the timing worked perfectly for our trip.

After over a dozen Disney trips, this 4 PM party start time combined with the Mid-Day tickets we purchased is going to be a different experience!!! But one I'm looking forward to!!!

It really depends on your party plans or what you plan to accomplish. The lines to enter the party won't be the issue. DVC can enter at 2pm and regular MVMCP guests and 4pm. 5pm dinner not end to 6pm. Monorail MK would be last stop. Walking 10-15 minutes with security check and pass of you walking. So not entering until 7pm. Missed a lot of the party and 3 FP+ option. Popular characters and those meeting early lines are now long too. Story book 4, then end around 5:30, boat or bus to MK, 30minutes maybe then any wait time, then entering park. I would keep CP ADR.
Thanks!! The more I learn, the more I agree with you. I have the CP and also a Chef Mickey's for 2:15pm...was thinking of trying to score the others...but they make no sense. I'm going to try to tweak my Chef Mickey's and try to make it more earlier. Thanks again for your reply and thoughts!! :)

Hi, all.

I need help deciding whether my family should attend a MVMCP this year. We're there from 12/13 - 12/21, and keep going back and forth on the issue.

For context, we are not shy about paying for extra events. We love DAH (have AK booked for 12/14), and love MNSSHP. We've been to WDW during Christmas time a few years, but usually the tail end instead of leading up to the big day, so this is our first real chance to try a party. The truth is, though, we only spend about half a day in MK.

If I pay for the party, I would think it would be our only time in MK for this trip. On the first page of this thread, there are plenty of the rides we want to do and things we want to see listed as open during the party, but on Disney's website, the list of open attractions is far more limited, and would not be enough to keep us entertained for that long. I'm guessing that the list on this thread is based on experience from DISers, but I want to be a little reassured that we'll have plenty to do.

I'm also unclear as to what else happens during the party to make it significant. We won't watch the parade, but would love to see the fireworks. My DH is all in if he can even spot Sandy Claws from a distance, but we typically don't wait in lines to meet characters.

The long and the short of it is, will there be enough rides to keep us busy for the whole time, and which major rides will we miss if we only attend MVMCP and spend no other time in MK? Can anyone confirm which attraction list is more accurate?

TIA :disrocks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter