"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see on another site that a meet with Donald & Scrooge is available. Is this party Donald different than the one during the day? Wearing a different outfit?

He wears a lovely lumberjack/tartan jacket and ear muffs. Trying to link videos but it won’t allow me sorry. If you search for it on YouTube you will be able to see :)

Does anyone know if MVMCP shirts, or Disney Christmas shirts will be available for purchase on shop Disney Parks, or are those items only available in the park? My husband and I are surprising our girls with MVMCP and I wanted to tell them with a gift. I already purchased Christmas Minnie ears on Etsy, now I am moving on to shirts. This is our first Christmas party!

You may have booked before the change in the game. I would imagine they'll still work but you can try giving them a call just to be safe.

[edit]I just checked my reservations and also saw "Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party" that said I distinctly remember it being called "Minnie's etc." when I made mine. I think it could just be the general name. I dunno...I might want to call too now...

[edit2]I just did a test and when I selected a day and took me to the guest screen the name changed to "Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party". So I think it's just a generic name because fitting all that would be a nightmare on both the MDE site and especially the app XD.

There does seem to be two different options though when I went to reserve.

Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing

The former has availability for most party dates I checked, the latter has none.
The former makes no mention of viewing from the Plaza garden while the latter explicitly states that you will be led there for viewing.

Are there two different dessert parties, one where you stay and watch from the terrace and one where you watch from the plaza garden? Is the plaza garden viewing really all sold out for most dates?

My vague recollection of the reviews watching from the terrace itself for the regular fireworks dessert parties were not great especially with the projections and if you are not up against the rail.

Does anyone know if MVMCP shirts, or Disney Christmas shirts will be available for purchase on shop Disney Parks, or are those items only available in the park? My husband and I are surprising our girls with MVMCP and I wanted to tell them with a gift. I already purchased Christmas Minnie ears on Etsy, now I am moving on to shirts. This is our first Christmas party!

MVMCP party exclusive items will only be available at MK during the party. However, one year towards the end of December, anyone could purchase throughout day at MK.

shopDisney will have holiday Minnie Mouse Ears headbands. There are new ones every year.

I see on another site that a meet with Donald & Scrooge is available. Is this party Donald different than the one during the day? Wearing a different outfit?

There is a lot of good info on Page 1, specifically Post #1. Info is updated as released.

From Post #1
What characters can I meet at MVMCP? (Will Update When 2019 Info is Released)

Main Street, U.S.A.
Santa Claus at Town Square (Meets During the Day)
Mickey Mouse (Christmas Outfit) at Town Square Theater
Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws and Sally at Town Square Theater (Starts Meeting @ 4:30pm & Wristbands distributed in line if you're already in the park.)

Adventureland
Captain Jack Sparrow
Aladdin (Prince Ali) withAbu (Scarf)
Jasmine with Genie
Moana (Starts Meeting @ 5:45pm)
Peter Pan (Scarf) - Roaming

Liberty Square
Mary Poppins & Bert

Fantasyland
Tigger and Friends (Scarves) ---Near Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Starts Meeting @ 6:20pm)
Ariel w/Prince Eric (Across from Ariel's Grotto)
Princess Tiana w/Naveen and Rapunzel w/Flynn Ryder (Princess Fairytale Hall)
Cinderella w/Prince Charming and Elena of Avalor (Princess Fairytale Hall)
Aurora w/Prince Phillip and Snow White w/Prince (Near Princess Fairytale Hall) --- Line up at 6:30pm
Belle
Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum (Next to the Mad Tea Party) --- Started making an appearance w/o 12/3)

Frontierland
The Country Bears

Storybook Circus
Seven Dwarfs (Holiday Scarves) --- Very popular! Line up by 5pm to meet them. (Starts Meeting @ 6:15pm)
Scrooge McDuck w/Donald (Lumberjack/Holiday Plaid Hat & Coat) --- Casey Jr.
Minnie Mouse (Peppermint Dress) & Daisy Duck (Holiday Dress w/Snowflakes)
Santa Goofy (Near Barnstormer)
Timon, Doc McStuffins & Vampirina (Disney Junior Jingle Jam)

Tomorrowland
Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps (Starts Meeting @ 6:15pm)
Reindeer
Polar Bears

Seven Dwarfs, Sandy Claws, Captain Jack Sparrow, Nick & Judy, the Princes with their Princesses (Prince Charming, Prince Eric, Flynn Ryder, Prince Phillip & Prince), and Moana are exclusive to MVMCP.

Aladdin as Prince Ali, and Peter Pan with scarf are also unique to MVMCP.
Abu, Genie, Bert & Piglet are other hard to find characters.

Characters that you can normally find at the park, such as Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Goofy, and the Tigger & Friends, are dressed up in Christmas costumes ONLY for MVMCP.

There does seem to be two different options though when I went to reserve.

Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing

The former has availability for most party dates I checked, the latter has none.
The former makes no mention of viewing from the Plaza garden while the latter explicitly states that you will be led there for viewing.

Are there two different dessert parties, one where you stay and watch from the terrace and one where you watch from the plaza garden? Is the plaza garden viewing really all sold out for most dates?

My vague recollection of the reviews watching from the terrace itself for the regular fireworks dessert parties were not great especially with the projections and if you are not up against the rail.
The Tomorrowland Party has viewing from the terrace. You sit at tables with your desserts and watch the show. The Plaza Garden party has you enjoying your desserts at Tomorrowland Terrace and then moving to the Plaza Garden for the show. Unfortunately, they haven't released the Plaza Garden reservations for December yet. I'm hoping that is coming soon! 🤞

I have the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party reserved for the 10:00 fireworks and I want to watch the 11:00 parade. How would you recommend finding a parade spot after the dessert party? Is there somewhere recommended to go to get a front row spot?
If you want to see the snow on main street, I would head down to the flagpole, or in front of the train station, as those spots tend to fill up last. If you don’t mind missing the snow, just head over to frontier land and you will likely get a better view (but no snow).

Be prepared for a very long wait for this meet & greet or get in line early.
We did this two years ago during our last visit from the UK, we'd booked two parties in the same week, we usually do this as we don't like to be rushed trying to get everything done in one night.
The Donald & Scrooge M & G was taking place at Casey JR Splash & Soak, when we wandered over there it was about 8pm, the line didn't look that long so we joined it.
After 45 minutes of hardly moving a cast member walked the line to let people know that they were having problems with the Memory Maker camera's which was why the line was moving so slowly.
At that point we decided to give it a miss for that evening & come back later in the week at our next party.
Fast forward a few days & we were back, slightly further forward in the line but things were still moving painfully slowly, when we finally got into a position where we could see the characters it became clear why things were so slow.
Every meet & greet was taking in excess of 5 minutes & in some cases 10 minutes, multiple photo's were being taken, Donald & Scrooge were also spending huge amounts of time with each group, which on one hand was great when you were there with them but dragged the whole thing out, when you added in the fact that the characters were going "on break" every 30 minutes it was not unusual for the characters to meet only 3 or 4 sets of guests during each session that they were out.
By the time we realised this we had already committed so much time that if we'd walked away it would have been a huge waste of time, so we stuck it out.
It did seem to us that all of the meet & greets were being dragged out in an attempt to draw people away from the rest of what was going in the party to make it seem less crowded than it actually was.
Not trying to put you off but be prepared for a wait.

Be prepared for a very long wait for this meet & greet or get in line early.
We did this two years ago during our last visit from the UK, we'd booked two parties in the same week, we usually do this as we don't like to be rushed trying to get everything done in one night.
The Donald & Scrooge M & G was taking place at Casey JR Splash & Soak, when we wandered over there it was about 8pm, the line didn't look that long so we joined it.
After 45 minutes of hardly moving a cast member walked the line to let people know that they were having problems with the Memory Maker camera's which was why the line was moving so slowly.
At that point we decided to give it a miss for that evening & come back later in the week at our next party.
Fast forward a few days & we were back, slightly further forward in the line but things were still moving painfully slowly, when we finally got into a position where we could see the characters it became clear why things were so slow.
Every meet & greet was taking in excess of 5 minutes & in some cases 10 minutes, multiple photo's were being taken, Donald & Scrooge were also spending huge amounts of time with each group, which on one hand was great when you were there with them but dragged the whole thing out, when you added in the fact that the characters were going "on break" every 30 minutes it was not unusual for the characters to meet only 3 or 4 sets of guests during each session that they were out.
By the time we realised this we had already committed so much time that if we'd walked away it would have been a huge waste of time, so we stuck it out.
It did seem to us that all of the meet & greets were being dragged out in an attempt to draw people away from the rest of what was going in the party to make it seem less crowded than it actually was.
Not trying to put you off but be prepared for a wait.
I agree that the wait for this M&G is painfully slow. If it’s a priority I recommend lining up by 6 so you aren’t wasting party time waiting.

Last edited:
Thanks, I just won't tell DS that this meet is different than the one during the day, LOL! Or we'll try it late at night if we've done everything else we want to do.

@Cluelyss - I stopped following for a bit and got behind, is the lack of December Plaza Garden dessert party availability issue still ongoing?

TY!

Today was FP day for me and I got ALL of the FPs that I wanted for immediately prior to our MVMCP beginning. I'm really surprised! Our MVMCP is Sunday, Nov 24th so I expected FPs to be really limited.

I got: Buzz Lightyear, 7DMT, Peter Pan
Great to hear! That’s our party night too, FP day is tomorrow!!

We weren't able to book our party FPs right at 60 days, but we still managed to get ones for Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan. We are happy with this.

Do the plaza dessert parties usually sell out for the Christmas party? Just checked a bunch of the December dates and there was no availability. I didn't think the dessert parties during the ticketed events were such a hot commodity!

Do the plaza dessert parties usually sell out for the Christmas party? Just checked a bunch of the December dates and there was no availability. I didn't think the dessert parties during the ticketed events were such a hot commodity!

They usually aren't I don't believe. It's been discussed earlier but apparently they still haven't released reservations for the December dates of that party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter