"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

So I have a question for those who have been to the parks during the dreaded Christmas week...I want to know...Is it REALLY that terrifying? Because I keep reading all these posts saying DON'T DO IT. DO NOT GO TO DISNEY DURING CHRISTMAS TIME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...but really, how bad is it? Let me just say this, I have absolutely zero expectations. My son will be 6 years old, he could not care less for thrill rides, he does not care about the big attractions. He just wants to go to Peter Pan and the Kilimanjaro Safari, so we are just going for the experience really, the atmosphere; rides are not important to us at this point (we just came back from a trip in May anyway, and we've been to WDW plenty of times before). Bottom line is...is it REALLY that scary??
we did it once, I would never change that , but i was satisfied, now we go late november or early december

Way-too-early planning question... Are there any differences in the Jingle Cruise ride during the Christmas party? Or is it the same as it is during the day?

We plan to go to our 2nd MVMCP this year! Our first time was in 2017.
November feels forever away; Following this all the way!

Joining the thread. Going mid November too - 10 days WDW and 4 at US. First timers from the U.K. and so so excited.
Has anyone here done any of the dessert parties or the Tony special during the party? Worth it or not? We will probably only go to one party during our stay.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to whether there will be a party on Sunday November 17th or Monday the 18th? I see that last year the party was on the Monday that week instead of the usual Sunday. Just curious if this is how they usually do it that particular week?

Hi all, my family and I plan on heading to Disney on November 4-10. Do you think the party will most likely by the 7th and 8th this year? Anyone hear any rumors on the dates yet? Any help would be great!

Hello all,

So I have a question for those who have been to the parks during the dreaded Christmas week...I want to know...Is it REALLY that terrifying? Because I keep reading all these posts saying DON'T DO IT. DO NOT GO TO DISNEY DURING CHRISTMAS TIME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...but really, how bad is it? Let me just say this, I have absolutely zero expectations. My son will be 6 years old, he could not care less for thrill rides, he does not care about the big attractions. He just wants to go to Peter Pan and the Kilimanjaro Safari, so we are just going for the experience really, the atmosphere; rides are not important to us at this point (we just came back from a trip in May anyway, and we've been to WDW plenty of times before). Bottom line is...is it REALLY that scary??
It's more so the super crowded walkways, etc. that will be the issue for you. Those in ride queues probably have it easier during Christmas week than those just trying to walk around and 'enjoy the atmosphere.' The atmosphere is really not that enjoyable when it's that packed. If you can swing it, I would try for earlier in December or November. Although, SWGE will likely be making it super packed this year during those times, too...

Aiming for a party, the week before Thanksgiving. We did MNSSHP the last time we went and missed all of the complimentary snack stuff. This time, I am planning early. What is your "not to be missed" holiday treat?
We were surprised how much we LOVED the complimentary treats last year. Our least favourites were probably Santa Sugar Cookie, chocolate chip cookie, the snow cone and cold apple 'cider' (which was more like apple juice) because it was so cold the night we were there.

Favourites for us were:
-Ginger Molasses
-Candy Cane Cookie
-Snicker Doodle
-Snow Man Pretzel
-Hot Chocolate.
-Dove Chocolates

They also served a nice sparkling red drink at Pinocchio's Village Haus that I enjoyed. Don't be fooled by the long treat lines - they move super fast. Also, bring a back pack and grab extras. We were snacking on them the whole rest of our week at Disney. I'm not sure why people are reporting that the cookies were dry or crumbly. We found them to be soft, moist and super yummy :)

Oh, and the eggnog was DELICIOUS!!!

Historically a week after the last MNSSHP. So I think you’d be safe anytime on or after November 8.
We are going the 4-10 of November. Would have to postpone the whole trip if there isnt one that time. Do you think I will be safe with maybe the first one being on Friday the 8th or could they also maybe do it the 7th and 8th? Seems they have been adding more and more parties every year

We are going the 4-10 of November. Would have to postpone the whole trip if there isnt one that time. Do you think I will be safe with maybe the first one being on Friday the 8th or could they also maybe do it the 7th and 8th? Seems they have been adding more and more parties every year
Dates are “usually” Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - so the 7th is certainly possible. But at this point it’s anyone’s guess.

I went back and checked the last few years of party dates (back to 2010) and the latest start date I uncovered was the 9th (2012); all other years it started on the 7th or 8th, so you are “probably” safe.

Dates are “usually” Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - so the 7th is certainly possible. But at this point it’s anyone’s guess.

I went back and checked the last few years of party dates (back to 2010) and the latest start date I uncovered was the 9th (2012); all other years it started on the 7th or 8th, so you are “probably” safe.
Yeah I noticed that too! Just saw that the last halloween party is Nov 1, thats what makes me nervous that I might be out of luck. I also know that the week we plan on coming is Jersey week, so I am guessing disney would want to have a party or 2 that week right?

There appears to usually be a party on the Monday observed for Veterans Day. We are flying in on 11/11, and hoping to do a party that night. Any thoughts on whether that should be a safe bet?

Thanks for having all this information in 1 place. Excitedly planning for December. We will be there for the 1st time during the Christmas season and will be there the week before Christmas leaving on 12/23 to be home with the rest of our family for Christmas!

Hi all, my family and I plan on heading to Disney on November 4-10. Do you think the party will most likely by the 7th and 8th this year? Anyone hear any rumors on the dates yet? Any help would be great!

For what it's worth, Touring Plans, has parties listed on the 7th and 8th. Take that with a grain of salt. I have been thinking about extending my trip or adding on Universal, but then I think I would have to hit up the Christmas party as well!

For what it's worth, Touring Plans, has parties listed on the 7th and 8th. Take that with a grain of salt. I have been thinking about extending my trip or adding on Universal, but then I think I would have to hit up the Christmas party as well!
Cool thanks! Not a member of that site but are they usually reliable? Those dates make sense though after I checked the calendar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter