"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw last year there was a Christmas Party on the Monday after veterans day (but that was the day veterans day was celebrated) what does everyone think the chances are there will be a party on this years veterans day???

I'm not sure why people are reporting that the cookies were dry or crumbly. We found them to be soft, moist and super yummy :)

Oh, and the eggnog was DELICIOUS!!!

I am wondering that too. I've read many reports of people saying theirs were soft and delicious...but seriously, ours were practically inedible...rock hard and crumbly and stale tasting. We ended up taking small bites out of about 8 or 9 of them (each time thinking "this one will be fine, right?") and then throwing them all away. I was soooo disappointed because when we've gone in years past (before they were pre-wrapped), they were delicious.

I wonder if how late in the season you went to the party had an effect on this??? Just out of curiosity, when did you attend? We attended on 12/20, which was the second to last party date.

I am wondering that too. I've read many reports of people saying theirs were soft and delicious...but seriously, ours were practically inedible...rock hard and crumbly and stale tasting. We ended up taking small bites out of about 8 or 9 of them (each time thinking "this one will be fine, right?") and then throwing them all away. I was soooo disappointed because when we've gone in years past (before they were pre-wrapped), they were delicious.

I wonder if how late in the season you went to the party had an effect on this??? Just out of curiosity, when did you attend? We attended on 12/20, which was the second to last party date.
I attended on 12/11. It was frigid, but my cookies were good. We had acquired so many from Pinocchio's and being on Main Street at the right time where handfuls of the red Santa Mickeys were handed out that we took them home. I had cookies well into January and they still tasted good to my family (no worse than when in WDW). Not something fresh out of the oven, but definitely still soft and edible.

(I still have MNSSHP candy. How weird am I?!)

We attended the 12/20 party as well, and did not have any issues with our cookies - they were soft and delicious, especially the ginger molasses ones!!! We got most of ours from Pinnochios like @PolyRob - I wonder if location makes a difference?

We attended the 12/20 party as well, and did not have any issues with our cookies - they were soft and delicious, especially the ginger molasses ones!!! We got most of ours from Pinnochios like @PolyRob - I wonder if location makes a difference?
Maybe...and I 100% don't doubt that others got really good ones...we have always loved them in the past. I'm wondering if maybe it had something to do with the preservatives they used (or lack thereof), when they were made, and when they were eventually handed out? Who knows! Or it could be ours just came from a bad batch/box. I will say that we did get most of ours from the same couple of places and around the same time, and we didn't try to eat them until after we got back to our room...with the exception of the one we got at the kind of backstage entrance area (I forget what that area was called)...we all opened those and ate them right away, and those were good. But the rest we all got later in the party, and I was actually looking forward to keeping them in the room all week and eating them all week wrong since they were wrapped and presumably would stay fresh.

The snowman pretzel we got was fresh though. :) A little undersalted for my taste, but soft and definitely nothing like the cookies in terms of quality or freshness.

We attended the November 27th party. I bet you're right - I wouldn't be surprised if the cookies were all made early on with lots of preservatives and then sealed in the packaging. So, the earlier your party fell maybe the better the taste?

Our first big trip to Disney was Christmas 4 years ago. We are going again this year and I am hoping to be able to do the party on the (possible) last date. :D :D: D

I do have an AP discount question, as I am debating getting the AP and am looking at possible savings. Is the discount only for select parties? Is it ever for the last party? Can I still get the discount if my AP is not yet activated? TIA!

I do have an AP discount question, as I am debating getting the AP and am looking at possible savings. Is the discount only for select parties? Is it ever for the last party? Can I still get the discount if my AP is not yet activated? TIA!
Yes, it is only for select parties, and the last party has historically been excluded. Once your AP is purchased, you should be able to login as a passholder and see the AP rates, even before the pass is activated.

Hello all,

So I have a question for those who have been to the parks during the dreaded Christmas week...I want to know...Is it REALLY that terrifying? Because I keep reading all these posts saying DON'T DO IT. DO NOT GO TO DISNEY DURING CHRISTMAS TIME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...but really, how bad is it? Let me just say this, I have absolutely zero expectations. My son will be 6 years old, he could not care less for thrill rides, he does not care about the big attractions. He just wants to go to Peter Pan and the Kilimanjaro Safari, so we are just going for the experience really, the atmosphere; rides are not important to us at this point (we just came back from a trip in May anyway, and we've been to WDW plenty of times before). Bottom line is...is it REALLY that scary??

We did Christmas Week for the very first time last year (Dec 21-30) and I would go again in a heartbeat. I don't know if our expectations for crowds were over hyped, but we found the crowds to not be too horrible (yes it was very crowded, much more than we had seen in our summer trips). But, we were out of the parks by noon or 1pm after eating lunch in the park if we ate there. Otherwise we were gone before noon. We had our FP and dinner reservations booked as soon as they opened on their 60/180 day marks. We hopped to a different park in the evening if we wanted. If we hopped to AK, we used our daily FP there so our kids could ride EE and FOP and do the safari.

If you are only wanting rides like PP and KS, get to the parks early to ride without a FP and then ride them again using FP later on. We went to RD most days, and the best day was Christmas Morning at Magic Kingdom. The park opened at 6am with EMH and we rode everything we wanted before the crowds started to pick up around 9am. We used our FP's from 8-10 and headed to our ADR at Chef Mickey's for Brunch around 10:30am. We did mostly Table Service ADR's, but ate at a few QS places. We used mobile ordering when available and it was awesome.

My tips for Kilimanjaro Safari...ride it first thing in the morning. The animals are much more active first thing. We have been lucky enough to hear the lions roar 2x now. We usually ride first thing w/o a FP and set our FP for the first hour so we can get off and get right back on. We have never had a safari that was just alike, even riding back to back. If you get a chance on a rainy morning or afternoon, ride the safari. Our best safari was right after a rain storm and all the animals were out. It was still sprinkling a bit, but I have never seen more animals out and this was about 6:30pm in the evening during June. We saw the male lion get up on the "pride rock" like rock and begin to roar. It was the most amazing thing to witness.

Expect large crowds and have a plan. It is beautiful at Christmas. Catch the Candlelight Processional if you get a chance. It was one of my favorite things that we did.

We were going to go over Christmas break but I'm thinking we should go over thanksThanks. Seems like the crowds would be less intense.

I'm new here. So, everyone is talking about a party. What is that?
Read the first page of this thread for details. It's a separate paid event in MK during the Christmas season with special characters, snacks, parade and fireworks.

Count DW and I in for during the first week of December. This will be my first MVMCP and DW's second. We loved the MNSSHP last year and I am sure we will love the Christmas party as well.

With new firework show now planned for the Halloween Party I wonder if the Christmas Party will also get a new firework show this year.

Anyone have some info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter