"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be there in December again!! Watching now for new info., will be interesting to watch it all unfold with the opening of GE. We do love DW during the holidays!

Us too! Booked 12/20-12/27 and hoping to catch one of the last parties. :)
We will be there 12/08-12/24, would like to catch an earlier party in hopes it won't be so crowded (doubt it!). We usually choose a 16th or 18th date. I don't think it matters, really , except in price - later ones tend to cost a bit more.

Do they offer dessert parties at MVMCP?

If so, are they for fireworks only or also the parade?
Yes, both a garden and terrace party have been offered in the past years. Parade viewing has not been included with a MVMCP dessert party since 2016. Tony's Town Square started a new dining experience with parade viewing last year which seemed very popular and sold out multiple nights so that will most likely be the only experience with parade viewing area again this year.

Starting to plan our December trip. When do tickets for MVMCP typically go on sale?

How quickly do the tickets sell out? planning my first trip to WDW in 15 years. I had no idea I had to plan that far ahead.

How quickly do the tickets sell out? planning my first trip to WDW in 15 years. I had no idea I had to plan that far ahead.
The first page tells you which dates sold out last 3 years. They do not sell out quickly, so you have some time to decide once dates are announced. Personally once I find out which dates coincide with my vacation and price I want to pay, I buy. Happy planning.

Aiming for a party, the week before Thanksgiving. We did MNSSHP the last time we went and missed all of the complimentary snack stuff. This time, I am planning early. What is your "not to be missed" holiday treat?

The first page tells you which dates sold out last 3 years. They do not sell out quickly, so you have some time to decide once dates are announced. Personally once I find out which dates coincide with my vacation and price I want to pay, I buy. Happy planning.
Thanks - I'll be pulling the trigger on a hotel this weekend so I think we'll be prepared to buy the tickets in March. It all seems a little crazy to me. I'm used to planning my Disneyland Halloween party plan in May(and that was just locking in the hotel) and here I am planning a Christmas time(2nd week of December) visit to WDW almost a year in advance.

Thanks - I'll be pulling the trigger on a hotel this weekend so I think we'll be prepared to buy the tickets in March. It all seems a little crazy to me. I'm used to planning my Disneyland Halloween party plan in May(and that was just locking in the hotel) and here I am planning a Christmas time(2nd week of December) visit to WDW almost a year in advance.
Haha. I was doing the same thing this time last year. Have fun!

Aiming for a party, the week before Thanksgiving. We did MNSSHP the last time we went and missed all of the complimentary snack stuff. This time, I am planning early. What is your "not to be missed" holiday treat?

Do you mean which of the free treats are not to be missed?

I know I'm gonna sound like a malcontent, but honestly we didn't care for ANY of the free treats last year -- and we aren't MVMCP haters (in fact, we love it). I guess if I had to choose one, I'd choose the soft pretzel (snowman shaped I think?), but we thought all the free cookies were too hard and crumbly, and I don't remember thinking that when we last went 10 years ago. They are pre-packaged in plastic now, which I thought I would like because then you can save them for later...but honestly we just ended up throwing them away. But to each his own...my family tends to like really soft, warm cookies (and I bake a lot), so you may well love them! :) Or maybe we just got really unlucky and got stale/old ones, because I read that a lot of other people really liked them.

Oh, I will say the hot cocoa was good...not "the world's greatest", but good for free stuff! We thought the snow cones were too sweet and sugary, but again, YMMV.

We absolutely LOVE MVMCP though, so it didn't diminish our enjoyment at all that we didn't like the free cookies, lol.

Hello all,

So I have a question for those who have been to the parks during the dreaded Christmas week...I want to know...Is it REALLY that terrifying? Because I keep reading all these posts saying DON'T DO IT. DO NOT GO TO DISNEY DURING CHRISTMAS TIME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...but really, how bad is it? Let me just say this, I have absolutely zero expectations. My son will be 6 years old, he could not care less for thrill rides, he does not care about the big attractions. He just wants to go to Peter Pan and the Kilimanjaro Safari, so we are just going for the experience really, the atmosphere; rides are not important to us at this point (we just came back from a trip in May anyway, and we've been to WDW plenty of times before). Bottom line is...is it REALLY that scary??

I am thinking YES it will be that scary, but we are going anyway. :upsidedow
We've never been at Christmas (but have wanted to!), and this is the year for us to go because of how Christmas falls in line with our school calendars. It's also the year Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens. Yikes! We're going to brave it anyway, Dec. 19-27. I really hope there's a MVMCP still running that late, but I see from previous years' dates that it's looking unlikely.
I think what you wrote about having "absolutely zero expectations" is key. We will be a group of six, including three teenagers and a wheelchair-bound senior. Our only goal will be to do our three FP+ and if nothing else is accomplished each day, that's OK -- there will be a lot to experience with just being there -- holiday music and decorations, window shopping, touring resorts to see decorations, doing a few table service meals (which we don't usually do), etc.

We want to attend the Very Merry in Dec. 2019. (Any dates set yet for 2019?) I read that we may enter the park for Very Merry at 4 pm. even thought the party doesn't start till 7 pm. I also read we can set Fast Passes for 4-7pm. But if we don't buy a day ticket, and only purchase the Very Merry Party ticket, can we still do Fast passes from 4-7 pm.? Thanks for answers!

Hello all,

So I have a question for those who have been to the parks during the dreaded Christmas week...I want to know...Is it REALLY that terrifying? Because I keep reading all these posts saying DON'T DO IT. DO NOT GO TO DISNEY DURING CHRISTMAS TIME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...but really, how bad is it? Let me just say this, I have absolutely zero expectations. My son will be 6 years old, he could not care less for thrill rides, he does not care about the big attractions. He just wants to go to Peter Pan and the Kilimanjaro Safari, so we are just going for the experience really, the atmosphere; rides are not important to us at this point (we just came back from a trip in May anyway, and we've been to WDW plenty of times before). Bottom line is...is it REALLY that scary??

We have gone 3 times over Christmas and absolutely love it. DD gets out of school b/t 15th-18th depending on how week falls. We go for 8-10D depending, and go to MVMCP (x2 if dates work in our favor). The closer you get to Christmas, 23rd & 24th, you can really feel the difference in the crowds. We always have a plan, and have 2 TS meals a day to rest, regroup. We always go to MK on Christmas, arrive around 6:45am, this is one of our favorite times and can ride lots of rides. Now this past year, they let everyone in, then had a holding point in Tomorrowland, and onsite guests had to check-in again. Not a fan of this, slowed us down, would have needed to be there 6:30am. Muffin or fruit on way to park. QS around 9ish. FP+ not until Noon, then in a row, with a TS meal. We leave around 2-3pm depending on crowds. Lots of people trying to see Christmas parade (we saw @ MVMCP & love it at night more), so some rides have short waits during parade. Eat dinner on property but not in a park. We have done HDDMR (x2) & Boathouse. If you have a plan, ADRs, FP+ and can be flexible (go with the flow), it's an awesome time to visit! :santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!