"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was considering doing this since this is my first party where I won't be attending a dessert party. What time would you recommend getting to the garden area? And where would you go to watch the 2nd parade when the fireworks are finished?
Depending on crowds, I’d arrive no less than 30 minutes prior to the start of the fireworks, maybe 45. Then we enjoy a few more rides and watch the parade near the flagpole, arriving around 11/11:15 (again, depending on crowds).

Last edited:
Depending on crowds, I’d arrive no less than 0 minutes prior to the start of the fireworks, maybe 45. Then we enjoy a few more rides and watch the parade near the flagpole, arriving around 11/11:15 (again, depending on crowds).
Ahh, perfect! The flagpole is our favorite spot :)

Okay, I'm having issues finding a schedule of events for the day, (12/4), probably because nothing is finalized yet. Does anyone know when the first Frozen Holiday Wish takes place?

If I have an ADR for 1525 at CP would I be allowed in for that if I only have a party ticket?

Okay, I'm having issues finding a schedule of events for the day, (12/4), probably because nothing is finalized yet. Does anyone know when the first Frozen Holiday Wish takes place?

Info has not been released. When released details are posted here and updated on Post #1.

Thank you so much for the reply.
I kind figured that was the answer.

Info has not been released. When released details are posted here and updated on Post #1.
That's what I figured, which is why I acknowledged that. I was asking for speculation as I know nothing about previous years, but thank you.

That's what I figured, which is why I acknowledged that. I was asking for speculation as I know nothing about previous years, but thank you.

Refer to the 2017 MVMCP Thread. All details are there and you can use as a reference. Typically not many changes from year to year, if any. Treats change, maybe a character a two, parade time on occasion. Parade and fireworks already updated on Post #1 for 2018.

One month from tomorrow!!! We've been to WDW dozens of times and have never attended MVMCP. I can't contain my excitement!!! Also, is there a limit on the cookies and cocoa??? ;)
There is no limit on how many times you can go through the lines. I’m not sure if you asked for say a dozen cookies at once what they would say but I’m sure if you asked for an extra cookie or two they’d be happy to accommodate you.

Holiday decor going up on Sunset Blvd at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Holidays-at-Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_33785.jpg

Sunset-Seasons-Greetings_Full_33095.jpg

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/hol...-sunset-blvd-at-disneys-hollywood-studios.htm

There is no limit on how many times you can go through the lines. I’m not sure if you asked for say a dozen cookies at once what they would say but I’m sure if you asked for an extra cookie or two they’d be happy to accommodate you.
Thanks! I was being a goof, but kinda serious...:teeth: I seriously can't contain my excitement!!

Based on reading the posts on here I know I am in the minority. Now we aren't going with kids so I know that makes a huge difference.

But are we the only ones that don't need to see a schedule before we go? We'll show up at 4 then decide what to do. For the parade, the fireworks and the shows we'll just find a spot about 10 minutes before each.
We will sit/stand in the back of the shows, stand off to the side, etc. And for the parade t
here is always a place that doesn't have a lot of people, especially over in Frontierland. It's nice not having a plan. There is no way we are going stake out a place and sit while the party is going on.

Now we can't be the only people doing this right?

Have fun!

Based on reading the posts on here I know I am in the minority. Now we aren't going with kids so I know that makes a huge difference.

But are we the only ones that don't need to see a schedule before we go? We'll show up at 4 then decide what to do. For the parade, the fireworks and the shows we'll just find a spot about 10 minutes before each.
We will sit/stand in the back of the shows, stand off to the side, etc. And for the parade t
here is always a place that doesn't have a lot of people, especially over in Frontierland. It's nice not having a plan. There is no way we are going stake out a place and sit while the party is going on.

Have fun!

It all depends on what your interests are.
My sister and I are mostly there for rides, treats, and the overall atmosphere.
First time we went we did a few party specific things but now its more like meh if we are in the area at the time we'll stand and watch.
I enjoy fireworks but can enjoy them just as much off to the side and just hear the narration instead of watch right in front of the castle.
As for parades you can see them easily without staking out a spot an hour ahead of time.
The only night time show I find a spot for ahead of time is Illuminations because its around the lagoon and there are only so many places to lean around the lagoon and have an unobstructed view.

Have fun!
I'm not really making a plan either. But it's also just the two of us adults and we won't be upset if we miss something.

With that said, I know we will probably be underprepared.

I love having a solid plan laid out with all the things I want to accomplish during a party. It helps me justify the cost of attending the party if I can maximize my time and do unique things that I couldn't do on a normal day in MK. I can honestly say I have never been able to wing a day at WDW. I always need some sort of a plan. I guess it is just the way I tour.

Now, after saying all of that, I am not opposed to scrapping a plan I previously made and starting over, sometimes even day of. But I will make a new plan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter