"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you’re going to be hard pressed to get to a spot by 7:30 with a 6:15 ADR at BOG. Even if you’re seated on time, BOG was always a 60-90 minute experience for us under the old menu - and I’ve heard it’s taking even longer now.

The garden in front of Casey’s is a great spot to watch the fireworks - I’d suggest watching from there and catching the second parade and final stage show.
Ok, thanks for the tip. I'm fine with the second parade and final stage show, but I want to see A Frozen Holiday Wish that occurs at 8:15. I'm just thinking that if we can't get a spot for that, we won't be able to get a spot for anything after that because the people with spots for the first parade will probably stay there for Wishes, or am I wrong?

Ok, thanks for the tip. I'm fine with the second parade and final stage show, but I want to see A Frozen Holiday Wish that occurs at 8:15. I'm just thinking that if we can't get a spot for that, we won't be able to get a spot for anything after that because the people with spots for the first parade will probably stay there for Wishes, or am I wrong?

Since you can enter the park at 4pm, there is a Frozen Holiday Wish before 7pm you could see that one if it's important to you.

Since you can enter the park at 4pm, there is a Frozen Holiday Wish before 7pm you could see that one if it's important to you.
Ah, I didn't even think about that. The problem though is that my ADR is 6:15 and that's when the other show is. Oh well.

So this post states that DVC members will be allowed early access to the party, is this confirmed? In my recent chat with Disney they said this information was not yet available? My fiance and I are new DVC members, so it would be a pretty cool perk!

Yes it’s posted on the DVC member benefits page.

^^^This! Thanks @Cluelyss!

I’m a DVC Member too. Once posted to DVC Members Benefits Page, I posted here & updated Post #1.

^^^This! Thanks @Cluelyss!

I’m a DVC Member too. Once posted to DVC Members Benefits Page, I posted here & updated Post #1.

That doesn't help everyone as the site has been Stitch broken for me for the last couple days. I finally got it to load after this discussion. I was just clarifying

That doesn't help everyone as the site has been Stitch broken for me for the last couple days. I finally got it to load after this discussion. I was just clarifying

No worries. In regards to MVMCP details, I only post info once it’s been released/posted on an Official Disney website. This was posted about 2 weeks ago, added details & posted screenshot in thread & then added details to party time on Post #1.

I think you’re going to be hard pressed to get to a spot by 7:30 with a 6:15 ADR at BOG. Even if you’re seated on time, BOG was always a 60-90 minute experience for us under the old menu - and I’ve heard it’s taking even longer now.

The garden in front of Casey’s is a great spot to watch the fireworks - I’d suggest watching from there and catching the second parade and final stage show.
I was considering doing this since this is my first party where I won't be attending a dessert party. What time would you recommend getting to the garden area? And where would you go to watch the 2nd parade when the fireworks are finished?

Haven’t done MVMCP yet (first this year) so I don’t know if it may be very different, but last year when we did MNSSHP, we showed up about half an hour before the fireworks and hung out, not at Casey’s but at the area in front of it, watched the fireworks and afterward walked forward and grabbed curbside spots in the hub from people who watched the first parade with no problems. We watched the second parade and then just stood up and walked forward to get spots for the stage show. Had good views in all cases.

Yeah 16 days left with still minimum details is pretty ridiculous.
We could purchase tickets in MARCH and I purchased in APRIL and yet they leave us hanging.

I'm also really surprised by this. The minimal details for all the holiday things surprise me as I feel like at this point I was pretty in depth planning my Halloween party last year (as far as distance from party dates).

We are trying to decided between getting tickets for the December 6 (Thurs) or Dec 7 (Fri) party. Our flight arrives to MCO at noon on 12/6. Would you go that night, thinking Thurs might be less crowded than Friday, even though we might be tired from traveling, or would you wait and go Friday?

I've never been to the Christmas party and am super excited to be able to go with my mom, my sister and my adult daughter! It's a short girls trip! We fly in on Thursday and leave bright and early Sunday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!