"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are trying to decided between getting tickets for the December 6 (Thurs) or Dec 7 (Fri) party. Our flight arrives to MCO at noon on 12/6. Would you go that night, thinking Thurs might be less crowded than Friday, even though we might be tired from traveling, or would you wait and go Friday?

I've never been to the Christmas party and am super excited to be able to go with my mom, my sister and my adult daughter! It's a short girls trip! We fly in on Thursday and leave bright and early Sunday morning.

DME & on-site? You wouldn't arrive at your resort until at least 1:30pm (or later). What about flight delays? Room may not be ready. Then an additional 1 hour to arrive at MK (Disney transportation). Lunch/early dinner? Need to consider this too. What time would your day start? This factors in too. Guests can enter at 4pm. To maximize your party time need to be there early and stay to close, IMO.

I definitely understand your excitement & attending with adults should be better than having kids, but too many what-ifs for me. Enjoy your arrival day, maybe go to another park. Have a fresh start for the next day.

Thursday vs Friday hasn't necessarily been the case for MNSSHP; same as watching 2nd parade vs 1st parade. It's like everyone took this advise. Ha! If you have a plan, and can be flexible, it doesn't matter which night you attend. I've only attended SOLD OUT parties for MVMCP & MHSSP, due to time of travel, and have never had a problem accomplishing what I want to, with DD under 10 for the last 4 years. We've met tons of characters at both parties. Happy planning! :santa:

Is this really true?
I have heard the MVMCParty can be so crowded that its best to purchase the dessert party to comfortably watch the fireworks. I thought the MVMCP had a limited number of people so viewing the Parade and Fireworks would be easier to view than on a NonParty night.

I did ask this question on the dessert party thread - really hope someone lets me know their experience on this.

We are (not so) patiently to purchase our party ticket for our trip in 17 days :-)cool1:) until information is released. I'm sure that the rides that are open will be the same as last year and same with characters, parades, and fireworks, but I don't like the idea of spending that much money and not knowing what we are getting for it.

Once the details come out though, we will be ready! I already bought a shirt for the party after all...

Is this really true?
I have heard the MVMCParty can be so crowded that its best to purchase the dessert party to comfortably watch the fireworks. I thought the MVMCP had a limited number of people so viewing the Parade and Fireworks would be easier to view than on a NonParty night.

I did ask this question on the dessert party thread - really hope someone lets me know their experience on this.

I don't think Disney publishes park attendance numbers, nor do we truly know what number of people "Sold Out" means for a Party. All I know from attending a few is that while most rides get pretty short wait times during a party, the Hub is jam-packed with people for parades, fireworks, and shows. That seems to be what most people, especially families, go for.

That being said, to each their own but I'd never pay the money for a dessert party just for the fireworks view. At times on party nights, the Hub can be such a zoo you can hardly move, but there's still plenty of good fireworks-viewing spots if you're willing to stand around during the time you'd be doing the dessert party anyway.

We are trying to decided between getting tickets for the December 6 (Thurs) or Dec 7 (Fri) party. Our flight arrives to MCO at noon on 12/6. Would you go that night, thinking Thurs might be less crowded than Friday, even though we might be tired from traveling, or would you wait and go Friday?

I've never been to the Christmas party and am super excited to be able to go with my mom, my sister and my adult daughter! It's a short girls trip! We fly in on Thursday and leave bright and early Sunday morning.

I have arrived around lunch time before, made it to the hotel and checked in, changed my clothes, grabbed a quick service meal at my resort (pofq) and made it to MK, by bus with plenty of time to spare. once for both mvmcp and mnsshp.
If you all travel well, and get lots of sleep leading up to your trip, i think you'll be fine for the Thursday party

DME & on-site? You wouldn't arrive at your resort until at least 1:30pm (or later). What about flight delays? Room may not be ready. Then an additional 1 hour to arrive at MK (Disney transportation). Lunch/early dinner? Need to consider this too. What time would your day start? This factors in too. Guests can enter at 4pm. To maximize your party time need to be there early and stay to close, IMO.

I definitely understand your excitement & attending with adults should be better than having kids, but too many what-ifs for me. Enjoy your arrival day, maybe go to another park. Have a fresh start for the next day.

Thursday vs Friday hasn't necessarily been the case for MNSSHP; same as watching 2nd parade vs 1st parade. It's like everyone took this advise. Ha! If you have a plan, and can be flexible, it doesn't matter which night you attend. I've only attended SOLD OUT parties for MVMCP & MHSSP, due to time of travel, and have never had a problem accomplishing what I want to, with DD under 10 for the last 4 years. We've met tons of characters at both parties. Happy planning! :santa:

We are actually staying offsite and will be renting a car. With that said, I just realized we may not be able to check in to the villa until 3 or 4, so maybe it would be better to plan on the Friday party. We weren't planning on any other park days this trip (sad but true!).

We are actually staying offsite and will be renting a car. With that said, I just realized we may not be able to check in to the villa until 3 or 4, so maybe it would be better to plan on the Friday party. We weren't planning on any other park days this trip (sad but true!).

Arrival time (if any delays, retrieving luggage, etc.) always concerns me (I am just aware that it could take longer). Check-in time is always up in the air, sometimes room is ready early & sometimes not. If arriving on Thursday & leaving Sunday & no park days, then go to the Friday party (my 2 cents). Relax on Thursday. Not sure of plans, but Disney Springs has some nice restaurants and shopping. The Christmas Tree Trail at DS is awesome. On Page #1, I've listed other things going on for the Holidays @ WDW (parks, resorts, DS). As details are released, I add to page 1.

Disney Springs has some nice restaurants and shopping. The Christmas Tree Trail at DS is awesome.

We are planning to go to DS on our arrival day! We've never been to DS on any of our trips, so first time for it! I will have to look up this Christmas Tree Trail. 53 days!!

Kinda off topic, but still Christmas - Has anyone seen the Partner's Statue Hallmark ornament. May have to go buy

Thank you for sharing! I've been thinking about having a Disney-specific Christmas tree in our bonus room and this would be a great addition.

For me, the parade and fireworks are #1!

Me too! I loooove me a Disney parade!

I just ordered the holiday sweater from the disney store website. It’s mulicolor, so I mighy pair it with either some green or red leggings. And definitely some cute christmas ears!
View attachment 359885

I love that sweater! I would be nervous though about spending the money only to end up with an 80 degree day.

They have two cute Christmas sweaters at Target but they are men’s (Mickey and Darth Vader) for $30. The Darth Vader one lights up! Thinking of buying one for me and one for my husband!

Thank you for reminding me about Target!

On a kind of unrelated/related note... does anyone know when we can expect menus for the Holiday kitchens?

Keep an eye on YouTube - Disney Food Blog would be my best bet.

I love that sweater! I would be nervous though about spending the money only to end up with an 80 degree day.
I’m such a risk taker, right? I think it would be a real challenge for a non-Floridian. Plus, I’ve been so cold lately with all this weight off of me. Most likely, it’ll be in the 70’s-60’s on Dec 16th. Never 80 degrees once the sun goes down in December. And never that level of humidity we see in the summer, spring and fall. I’ve simply never seen it in my 15+ years of Floridan living. I can handle it, but I definitely wouldn’t be able to say it to someone who is not used to a Florida “winter” — I can’t beleive we call it that!

This is coming from the lunatic that wore 3 layers of clothes for a Leia Hoth costume for MNSSHP.

I am so excited for the parade and fireworks, but I’m still undecided about where to watch. I know I’ll do the later parade. Last party I secured a spot on main street for my party of 7 (baby included). We waited a lonnnnnnnng time. Now it’s looking like it’ll just be me and my brother. I’m not sure if I want to waste so much time on that. I might just do my MNSSHP strategy of watching the fireworks somewhere in the hub, and grabbing a castle-area spot for the parade once the crowd moved out. I do like the snow on main street :(

Haven’t done MVMCP yet (first this year) so I don’t know if it may be very different, but last year when we did MNSSHP, we showed up about half an hour before the fireworks and hung out, not at Casey’s but at the area in front of it, watched the fireworks and afterward walked forward and grabbed curbside spots in the hub from people who watched the first parade with no problems. We watched the second parade and then just stood up and walked forward to get spots for the stage show. Had good views in all cases.
This is the most promising thing I've heard. Thank you so much!

We are planning to go to DS on our arrival day! We've never been to DS on any of our trips, so first time for it! I will have to look up this Christmas Tree Trail. 53 days!!

We’ve made sure to go there our last 3 trips. Christmas Tree Trail info in Post 2, but can go to Post 3 for previous threads & check out the 2017 thread for full details from last year for the time being.

Hello fellow DIS-ers;

I am looking to get the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Christmas party card (this year it's the Tiki Birds).
Every guest who attends the party is entitled to get one at the Fire Hall.
If you private message me with your address, I will send you a SASE with which to mail the card to me.

It will cost you nothing and probably take no more than a couple of minutes out of your day. If the envelope gets to you before you attend the party, you can take it with you and drop the card into the Main St. mail box....easy.

I was able to get assistance from some very helpful guests who attended the Halloween party this year with getting the Orange Bird card and I hope I have similar luck here on the Christmas party board.

Many thanks

Michael

I’ve never done MVMCP before and we are going to the first party. I really want to see everything in the hub if possible, but I’m going with a party of 9 total, 4 of which are the grandparents. Not sure how they will feel about the crowd. I’m just not sure of what the game plan will be, especially since nothing has been released yet. I think we will miss the first Frozen Holiday Wish and watch the second, then the parade followed by Mickey’s Most Merriest. Then catch the fireworks. I just don’t see doing this without getting a spot early on in the night. Thankfully, we aren’t interested in meeting characters. I just don’t want to spend the entire party in the hub, but I don’t see how it would be possible to get a decent spot with a party our size without camping out.

Has anyone watched this firework show from the back of the castle? I don’t want to do the dessert party but I feel like I wasted most of the party last year waiting for the fireworks/parade/show/castle lighting in front of the castle and don’t want my grandma to have to stand and wait that long. I’m considering doing the fireworks and second parade if we watch from Main Street. Just trying to weigh my options!

Another poster saw it & was wondering about merchandise. I asked if would post, OP posted image. I saw name of company on that image & searched in FB. I’ll look again when get chance & post. Pixie Dust something, like personal shopper, no prices listed.

I found it! Thank you. I'm loving their adult in-room celebration packages.

Another poster saw it & was wondering about merchandise. I asked if would post, OP posted image. I saw name of company on that image & searched in FB. I’ll look again when get chance & post.

Pixie Dust something, like personal shopper, no prices listed.

I found it! Thank you. I'm loving their adult in-room celebration packages.

Yep, that was me. I have a good friend who uses them and loves them. I hadn't seen prices either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter