"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every week but the one week we will be there! More money in my pockets, I guess!

They have it the week we will be there but I would have to give up a few character meals trying to swap days and my kids would hate that :(

Boo I’d have to give up my Epcot day, not happening. More money in my pocket.Thanks for posting though.

UPDATE
Post #1 - Magic Shots

Added the DPB webpage from last year, it includes photos of the Magic Shots offered. MNSSHP didn't have a dedicated MagicShot article this year, so wanted access to view if not offered for MVMCP this year.

Thanks!
I appreciate you dropping in with updates. You just never know when they will post things.

Top 5 Things... I remember when they did this last year. That’s when I added Holiday Happenings to this thread.

Everything you need to know... Yes, good info. They need to add that you need a plan, but that won’t happen. Lol!

Thanks!
I appreciate you dropping in with updates. You just never know when they will post things.

Top 5 Things... I remember when they did this last year. That’s when I added Holiday Happenings to this thread.

Everything you need to know... Yes, good info. They need to add that you need a plan, but that won’t happen. Lol!

Question regarding your last paragraph. If you were doing multiple party dates, how important do you think having a plan is? Or would we be safe accomplishing stuff as we see it during the multiple parties?
I have every other aspect of our trip planned, but was thinking we were safe to see it all (minus sandy and 7dwarf) without planning. Should I rethink my strategy and start planning?

Any thoughts about taking a Minnie Van back to our resort (YC) after the party? Our kids are all older (12+) so we will likely stay till the very end. Minnie Vans run until 12:30...do you think it will be easy to access one right after the party? We've never taken one before, but the next day is our check out day, and I'm trying to schedule sleeping in + packing + leisurely breakfast...The quicker we get back to our room, the better.

Any thoughts about taking a Minnie Van back to our resort (YC) after the party? Our kids are all older (12+) so we will likely stay till the very end. Minnie Vans run until 12:30...do you think it will be easy to access one right after the party? We've never taken one before, but the next day is our check out day, and I'm trying to schedule sleeping in + packing + leisurely breakfast...The quicker we get back to our room, the better.

Reports from MNSSHP State was hard or MV not available after party, I.e, others requested quicker. They do tend to run buses more frequently after parties, I’ve seen 1 pull up right after one pulls out.

Thanks!

Is there a strategy and itinerary thread for MVMCP? I think I know what I plan to do but would be nice to get input on it

Question regarding your last paragraph. If you were doing multiple party dates, how important do you think having a plan is? Or would we be safe accomplishing stuff as we see it during the multiple parties?
I have every other aspect of our trip planned, but was thinking we were safe to see it all (minus sandy and 7dwarf) without planning. Should I rethink my strategy and start planning?

Depends on what you want to accomplish. Last year, we did 2 parties, previously just 1, this year 1. So haven’t prioritized yet, still moving ADRs around to work out FP+ strategy & to now include time at water park. Yikes!

For me, with 2 parties last year, I literally wanted to do everything, rides not top priority. Between the 2 parties we did everything thing, all characters except the Aladdin crew, all Magic Shots except Christmas Bulb, it’s stationary, & around HUB, most treat stations, shopping, parade & fireworks, SotMKC, few rides. You can check out my itinerary in the 2017 Thread, last 2 pages.

I did purchase customized plan from KtP for one night. Booked 3 FP+ but we are AP holders, so no issues. One day we ate 2:45pm & the other day at 4pm. We stay until the end.
We did meet Sandy Claws on a different night than 7D. Sandy Claws lined up at 4pm. 7D end of night. Other night, lined up at 3:50pm for Moana, checked in at Adventureland & jumped over to line, wasn’t even set up yet, but knew from Dis where the line was. Asked a CM which would be front of line if Moana was meeting there. Lol! Then went to Nick & Judy, then Pooh & friends. DH & DD rode rides while I waited in line for Moana. DH waited on Nick & Judy while we shopped & picked up treats. Stopped for more treats on way to Pooh & briefly stopped at dance party. While waiting on Scrooge McDuck, DH & I tagged team and rode Mad Tea Cups, Dumbo & Barnstormer. I think DD rode Barnstormer at least 12 times. 6X with me & 3X we didn’t have to get out.

Matching tees for both parties & we had all of the Holiday Minnie Ear Headbands so wanted photos in both outfits. Loved the Ugly Sweater MS & Candy Cane. Didn’t do dessert party last year since Parade viewing no longer included. Went to Main Street about 20 minutes before 1st parade to see Kringle Krew, Front row, sit by trashcan, not pretty, but effective. Shush! Don’t tell about that spot. Lol! Stayed for fireworks then speed walked to meet Mickey then back up Main St, tad congested since PP waiting for 2nd parade or didn’t leave after 1st one.

Sorry for long post.:santa: Hope it helps.

Is there a strategy and itinerary thread for MVMCP? I think I know what I plan to do but would be nice to get input on it

Not that I’m aware of. I have posts on hold on page 1, to add plans/itineraries that PP post. If you post here, PP will reply & make suggestions.

I know what works for me, I do go by times PP post, but no true strategizing expert. I subscribe to CL with KtP and he offers a few plans for MVMCP, you can make changes to these.

Also, don’t want to suggest plan, then PP have bad time & blame on strategy. I’m not there all the time, going to multiple parties & checking ride wait times & calculating character wait times, and including when they take breaks, etc. Just a girl who loves Disney & enjoys keeping up MVMCP & Holiday Happenings around the World.

Depends on what you want to accomplish. Last year, we did 2 parties, previously just 1, this year 1. So haven’t prioritized yet, still moving ADRs around to work out FP+ strategy & to now include time at water park. Yikes!

For me, with 2 parties last year, I literally wanted to do everything, rides not top priority. Between the 2 parties we did everything thing, all characters except the Aladdin crew, all Magic Shots except Christmas Bulb, it’s stationary, & around HUB, most treat stations, shopping, parade & fireworks, SotMKC, few rides. You can check out my itinerary in the 2017 Thread, last 2 pages.

I did purchase customized plan from KtP for one night. Booked 3 FP+ but we are AP holders, so no issues. One day we ate 2:45pm & the other day at 4pm. We stay until the end.
We did meet Sandy Claws on a different night than 7D. Sandy Claws lined up at 4pm. 7D end of night. Other night, lined up at 3:50pm for Moana, checked in at Adventureland & jumped over to line, wasn’t even set up yet, but knew from Dis where the line was. Asked a CM which would be front of line if Moana was meeting there. Lol! Then went to Nick & Judy, then Pooh & friends. DH & DD rode rides while I waited in line for Moana. DH waited on Nick & Judy while we shopped & picked up treats. Stopped for more treats on way to Pooh & briefly stopped at dance party. While waiting on Scrooge McDuck, DH & I tagged team and rode Mad Tea Cups, Dumbo & Barnstormer. I think DD rode Barnstormer at least 12 times. 6X with me & 3X we didn’t have to get out.

Matching tees for both parties & we had all of the Holiday Minnie Ear Headbands so wanted photos in both outfits. Loved the Ugly Sweater MS & Candy Cane. Didn’t do dessert party last year since Parade viewing no longer included. Went to Main Street about 20 minutes before 1st parade to see Kringle Krew, Front row, sit by trashcan, not pretty, but effective. Shush! Don’t tell about that spot. Lol! Stayed for fireworks then speed walked to meet Mickey then back up Main St, tad congested since PP waiting for 2nd parade or didn’t leave after 1st one.

Sorry for long post.:santa: Hope it helps.

It does help and it sounds like it was a blast!!! We aren’t huge for the snacks and drinks so I know we aren’t going to be doing that. The main characters they want to meet are Moana, Elena and Tiana... Nicky, Judy and Aladdin are maybes. But we know we aren’t looking at seeing Sandy clause or the 7 dwarfs and since we have so many character meals we decided to skip the ones we will have already met, even with the characters dressed up in Xmas gear.
We would love to do some of the magic shots and probably check out 1 firework show and 1 parade. But for my kids, the rides are more of the priority.

I just wasn’t sure what wait times would be for some of those characters and if I needed to start a plan to accomplish all we wanted. I was planning on going in blind and if we saw lower waits/lines at the characters, try and see them then. Maybe I need to rethink that strategy lol

Not that I’m aware of. I have posts on hold on page 1, to add plans/itineraries that PP post. If you post here, PP will reply & make suggestions.

I know what works for me, I do go by times PP post, but no true strategizing expert. I subscribe to CL with KtP and he offers a few plans for MVMCP, you can make changes to these.

Also, don’t want to suggest plan, then PP have bad time & blame on strategy. I’m not there all the time, going to multiple parties & checking ride wait times & calculating character wait times, and including when they take breaks, etc. Just a girl who loves Disney & enjoys keeping up MVMCP & Holiday Happenings around the World.
I really one have two meet & Greets I want - the Dwarves and Scrooge McDuck. After that, I want to see the shows, parade, fireworks and have some treats. Oh and magic shots. I just want to soak in the atmosphere. If I ride anything that will be langiappe

It does help and it sounds like it was a blast!!! We aren’t huge for the snacks and drinks so I know we aren’t going to be doing that. The main characters they want to meet are Moana, Elena and Tiana... Nicky, Judy and Aladdin are maybes. But we know we aren’t looking at seeing Sandy clause or the 7 dwarfs and since we have so many character meals we decided to skip the ones we will have already met, even with the characters dressed up in Xmas gear.
We would love to do some of the magic shots and probably check out 1 firework show and 1 parade. But for my kids, the rides are more of the priority.

I just wasn’t sure what wait times would be for some of those characters and if I needed to start a plan to accomplish all we wanted. I was planning on going in blind and if we saw lower waits/lines at the characters, try and see them then. Maybe I need to rethink that strategy lol

IF Moana is a must, have someone get in line early. I was done at 5:50pm last year, then headed straight to Nick & Judy, maybe 20 minute wait that turned into 30-40 minute wait. Background malfunction, took guys forever to fix. Princess line you can find for 20-30 minutes. However, mostly longer since meet with princes except, Elena. Cinderella and Prince Charming meet with Elena; Rapunzel and Flynn meet with Tiana and Naveen so 2 separate queues.

I never waited longer than 5 minutes for Magic Shots, maybe 10 for ones on Main Street. The issue with the Giant Bulbs were locations, I just didn't want to deal with the crowds around the HUB. We watched the last stage show and had planned to get photo then, but they move bulbs before end of party (guessing during or right before last stage show), since actual prop.

We were unable to get one when leaving MVMCP last year, but admittedly did not try to summon one until after midnight, as we were walking out of the park. You may have better luck requesting one right before midnight, to get a jump on it? But be prepared with a backup plan. And as @monique5 stated, busses seem to run more frequently at the end of the party...I was pleasantly surprised how quickly we got on a bus once I gave up on getting a MV!

IF Moana is a must, have someone get in line early. I was done at 5:50pm last year, then headed straight to Nick & Judy, maybe 20 minute wait that turned into 30-40 minute wait. Background malfunction, took guys forever to fix. Princess line you can find for 20-30 minutes. However, mostly longer since meet with princes except, Elena. Cinderella and Prince Charming meet with Elena; Rapunzel and Flynn meet with Tiana and Naveen so 2 separate queues.

I never waited longer than 5 minutes for Magic Shots, maybe 10 for ones on Main Street. The issue with the Giant Bulbs were locations, I just didn't want to deal with the crowds around the HUB. We watched the last stage show and had planned to get photo then, but they move bulbs before end of party (guessing during or right before last stage show), since actual prop.

Thanks for that info! I will make sure one of us is in line early for Moana! I am assuming she starts meeting at 5:30ish?? 20-30 minutes isn’t bad for each queue of the princesses and princes and I know my girls will enjoy seeing Cinderella, Prince Charming, Rapunzel and Flynn twice on this trip :) I had forgotten that Elena and Tiana were separate lines.

Thanks for the time information on the magic shots! It will definitely help me start a plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter