"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

Post #2 Updated

Returning...
Get Ready for a Flurry of Sweets with the 2018 ‘Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!’ Dessert Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
GingerbreadComboCupcakes.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...m-dessert-party-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Question for meeting Tigger and friends. Does that include Pooh, Eyore and Piglet?

Anybody else debating on or doing 2 parties? I feel like there is just so much to do and not enough time, lol.

Anybody else debating on or doing 2 parties? I feel like there is just so much to do and not enough time, lol.
We did two parties for MNSSHP last September. We are glad we did as the first night had rain for both stage shows and one parade. Also allowed us to see all the characters that we might have missed during the first night.

Hi all. We're planning on attending our first MVMCP -- likely on Nov. 29 or Dec. 4.

I was watching the DFB review of the first MNSSHP and it was mentioned that Disney might be cracking down on the 4 p.m. entrance with the party exclusive tickets and pushing it back to not starting to let people in until 5 p.m. instead.

I was hoping that some people who go to both, could provide some insight on if this is actually happening at the Halloween party and if it's expected to translate to the Christmas party as well.

The Christmas Party is going to be our only planned Disney day in the parks. (We're doing a Universal vacation this time - because we just can't find an affordable way to do stay Disney this year and so many of the hotels and parks seem to be construction zones for what we do usually enjoy doing. We will still likely come over to Disney property regularly for meals -- because Universal food is disgusting and they CANNOT accommodate medical dietary restrictions and allergies in any meaningful way for our family. We will likely also be at Disney Springs one afternoon likely and maybe a mini putt or waterpark depending on how those aspects of our Universal experience pan out ... we have high hopes for Volcano Bay but we do love Typhoon Lagoon.) So with us only currently planning on going into any Disney Park for our Christmas party night, we had planned to be in the line to get right at 4 p.m. (AHEAD OF 4 PM waiting for the rope drop for the party goers!) To get to take full advantage of the park time as well as the party time and shows/events. We also currently had booked a place-holder meal at Skipper's Canteen for 4:45 on our anticipated party night in case we decide closer to the day we want a real meal (with the way Disney chefs treat our family member with the dietary/medical issues it is always such a treat to eat there and we might decide it's worth losing 60-90 minutes of park time to get that dining experience). But if we aren't going to get let in until 5 ... well our planning will have to adjust slightly.

If anyone gets any intel on what's going on or has advise on how to handle our first party and only Disney "day", it'd be much appreciated.

And I've got a second question for you all that i thought I'd post separately for response simplicity's sake.

As mentioned, we do have a medical issue in our family. We are deciding how to deal with this in planning. We will likely post over on the Disability side of the boards too, but I suspect some annual attendees to the MVMCP might have insight as well.

The short version of our family needs is basically that there will need to be the option to sit down at certain points during the event.

I've contacted Disney but didn't get the most helpful response in clarifications so I'm hoping someone here might have experience with this.

Basically, do you need to get/be granted the Disability pass when we go in to be able to access the wheelchair viewing area for the parade and fireworks? Or if we rent/bring a wheelchair or have our seated walker with us will that be enough to grant us access?

And, if we are allowed access, will just the individual (and/or the individual and 1 attendant) be allowed into the viewing area or will our whole family be allowed to stay with them?

What is the viewing like from that particular area? Is it very good?

If we aren't granted a Disability pass or having the seated walker with us isn't enough, would we be allowed to bring a little folding camp stool (about 12 inches long and easily folded like an umbrella to be carried in a standard backpack when not in use) into the park and just use it on Main Street curb "seating"/viewing?

Also, because having the option to sit (and the potential need to sit down quickly or get out of a crowd and do somewhere to sit quickly) is a priority for us, we are expecting that we'll likely just have to stake out a spot on Main Street and spend most of the night/party there (if we want to be able to sit on the curb and to have an unobstructed view if seated). Does that seem accurate? We've been looking at the schedule and it does seem there are some gaps between shows. And we aren't entirely sure how soon we should go stake a seat and where. We also know from previous years just as Wishes that everyone just crowds into a tight mound for the fireworks. That might not really be an option for us this time at all. So we are wondering where we might be able to position ourselves to still have a good view of the fireworks and castle projections but to still have some room to move (and get out of there if there's a problem) and hopefully to sit as well.

Any thoughts or insights is appreciated.

What we'd like to see on the Main Street are the Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration, Frozen Holiday Wish, Holiday Wishes Fireworks and the parade. We are leaning toward seeing the earlier parade because we aren't sure we'll make it all the way until 11 (and midnight) with the medical challenges and the busy/late/long day/night we're facing.

They are letting in at 4pm for MNSSHP. Have you considered doing a dessert party to see fireworks and get seating?

They are letting in at 4pm for MNSSHP. Have you considered doing a dessert party to see fireworks and get seating?

Great to know that so far they are letting people in at 4 p.m. If there's a change in that, I do hope someone will post in here for people to adjust any planning needs and scheduling.

We have considered the Dessert Party to see the fireworks. But our two problems with it are that it really is just so expensive when the party itself is already pricey. And again, with the medical issue there are also dietary/food restrictions and allergies, and though we do know (and love) Disney for the accommodations they make for our situation. We still just aren't sure in terms of the dessert party even with their best intentions and efforts that it'd really be worth it when it came to the value of the food/treats. And paying that much extra for a place to just sit down is a little much. It'd be quite the whack to our trip budget.

Our second issue with it is the movement/timing to get to it? It might make getting a spot for the parade that allows seating on a curb/unobstructed viewing from a seated position (while also not wanting to obstruct too many other people and families by our needs). And with the timing of how they move you and check in and what not, we get the sense we'd probably have to do the second parade, which really isn't a situation we want to plan for as we don't anticipate we'll make it that late.

We are sort of expecting that after our few rides and dinner we're likely -- unfortunately -- going to have to go and park ourselves on Main Street by about 7:30 to get a decent spot for our needs and just sort of stay put (beyond bathroom runs). But if we're over-estimating the length of the shows and how crowded and pushy people get about getting spots to see things in the Main Street area, please let us know.

Or if anyone with disability and medical needs have attended the party and just doesn't feel the crowds and long standing periods to see the entertainment makes it a feasible or reasonable expense for a family with health considerations, that insight would be appreciated too.

I think our party will still mostly be happy if we get to see the decorations and the park lit up with the holiday feel, gets to do about 3-4 rides, have a favourite Disney treat or two, seeing the castle get lit up as the ice castle, and seeing the parade.

We do certainly want to see the fireworks but we do know the last two times we attempted Wishes it wasn't the best experiences (1. The street was just so jammed packed with so many people having their children up on their shoulders. 2. We sat over in some of the chairs/patio near the ice cream shop and between the umbrellas and trees the view was very obstructed, which didn't really make use going over that night specifically and sticking around for it worth it.). Though, I suspect if we don't at least try to see the fireworks, there's going to be some disappointment (and possibly tears). But, I'm sort of expecting that part of the night to go poorly for our family -- or at least not be very enjoyable. It's why we're trying to figure out so far in advance how/where we might position ourselves to make it less of a disaster.

Great to know that so far they are letting people in at 4 p.m. If there's a change in that, I do hope someone will post in here for people to adjust any planning needs and scheduling.

We have considered the Dessert Party to see the fireworks. But our two problems with it are that it really is just so expensive when the party itself is already pricey. And again, with the medical issue there are also dietary/food restrictions and allergies, and though we do know (and love) Disney for the accommodations they make for our situation. We still just aren't sure in terms of the dessert party even with their best intentions and efforts that it'd really be worth it when it came to the value of the food/treats. And paying that much extra for a place to just sit down is a little much. It'd be quite the whack to our trip budget.

Our second issue with it is the movement/timing to get to it? It might make getting a spot for the parade that allows seating on a curb/unobstructed viewing from a seated position (while also not wanting to obstruct too many other people and families by our needs). And with the timing of how they move you and check in and what not, we get the sense we'd probably have to do the second parade, which really isn't a situation we want to plan for as we don't anticipate we'll make it that late.

We are sort of expecting that after our few rides and dinner we're likely -- unfortunately -- going to have to go and park ourselves on Main Street by about 7:30 to get a decent spot for our needs and just sort of stay put (beyond bathroom runs). But if we're over-estimating the length of the shows and how crowded and pushy people get about getting spots to see things in the Main Street area, please let us know.

Or if anyone with disability and medical needs have attended the party and just doesn't feel the crowds and long standing periods to see the entertainment makes it a feasible or reasonable expense for a family with health considerations, that insight would be appreciated too.

I think our party will still mostly be happy if we get to see the decorations and the park lit up with the holiday feel, gets to do about 3-4 rides, have a favourite Disney treat or two, seeing the castle get lit up as the ice castle, and seeing the parade.

We do certainly want to see the fireworks but we do know the last two times we attempted Wishes it wasn't the best experiences (1. The street was just so jammed packed with so many people having their children up on their shoulders. 2. We sat over in some of the chairs/patio near the ice cream shop and between the umbrellas and trees the view was very obstructed, which didn't really make use going over that night specifically and sticking around for it worth it.). Though, I suspect if we don't at least try to see the fireworks, there's going to be some disappointment (and possibly tears). But, I'm sort of expecting that part of the night to go poorly for our family -- or at least not be very enjoyable. It's why we're trying to figure out so far in advance how/where we might position ourselves to make it less of a disaster.

Hi! I hope your plans work out for MVMCP this year. I would definitely check the other thread. My mom never attended special events with us, so no personal experience to report. The MNSSHP thread is jumping with the 1st party occurring this past Friday. So probably too many pages to read... OP posted that DAS didn’t work during Party like it does during regular park times, child couldn’t handle wait times for rides & characters so left party.

Saving spot will take up a lot Party time if trying to see from HUB/Main St. Frontierland would be less crowded & where parade starts. Just depends on goal of party.

Last edited:
Hi! I hope your plans work out for MVMCP this year. I would definitely check the other thread. My mom never attended special events with us, so no personal experience to report. The MNSSHP thread is jumping with the 1st party occurring this past Friday. So probably too many pages to read... OP posted that DAS didn’t work during Party like it does during regular park times, child couldn’t handle wait times so left party.

Saving spot will take up a lot Party time if trying to see from HUB/Main St. Frontierland would be less crowded & where parade starts. Just depends on goal of party.

Thanks for the reply, @monique5. That's good/interesting to know about the DAS -- and the park/ride wait times. Doing the rides isn't a huge consideration for us with the party. We are mostly going for the decorations and shows. But as it is our only Disney park day -- and since we do intend to be there right for 4 p.m. -- we were hoping to get on maybe 3-4 rides. But we're being realistic about it. Trying to let everyone pick one and keep expectations low. We're making clear that this isn't a "ride" park trip. Right now the preferences for rides that have been stated are: Jungle/Jingle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. If the wait time is low (which I don't expect to happen) for 7DMT that would be a "dream on" type ride on the list too. As it is, I feel the "top picks" might be unrealistic given that we'd have to criss-cross so much of the park to hit them all. It's hard to plan since sometimes there are "better" days or "decent" says with the medical challenge. But if it is a "bad" day, we can't expect much. And we can only ever expect so much or predict so much. Currently we are planning our party night for the second day of our trip. Rest on afternoon arrival day, a full day to recoup (and likely not do too much), and then a do-nothing all morning/afternoon day on our party night. But still, that evening period tends to be a "witching" hour in terms of how things ever go. And after we get passed 7 p.m., most nights, all bets are off. SO we're really kind of gambling a bit on this party -- maybe more than most families. We're really trying to push it as "we're going to see holiday decorations and lights" and anything else is just kind of a bonus. Trying to keep everyone in that frame of mind. But, of course, that's hard when it's Disney and there starts to build excitement and a push to over-extend things and abilities.

We don't necessarily feel the need to get a DAS if they'd let all of us into the wheelchair area with just a wheelchair or seated walker (and not split us up). Or if they were to likely allow us to bring a folding camp stool into the park. But it's definitely good to know they don't work the same way as regular park hours.

If we were to watch the parade in Frontierland, how much time would we have to get over to Main Street to see the fireworks? And how crowded is it likely to be at that point?

Is it still really crowded if you move closer to the entrance of the park/beginning of Main St? Can you still see the castle projections from that position?

Is the area near the castle to watch the Mickey's Merriest stage show really crowded usually? How far back can you be (or do you need to be) to be out of the crowd and still see it? Do they set up screens to project it on and see it better if you're far back?

You can also book FPs on your party ticket for 3 of your rides 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6

This is our first year for MVMCP, but we always do a minimum of 2 MNSSHP. It allows us to see everything we want plus enjoy the rides without feeling rushed.

Thanks for the reply, @monique5. That's good/interesting to know about the DAS -- and the park/ride wait times. Doing the rides isn't a huge consideration for us with the party. We are mostly going for the decorations and shows. But as it is our only Disney park day -- and since we do intend to be there right for 4 p.m. -- we were hoping to get on maybe 3-4 rides. But we're being realistic about it. Trying to let everyone pick one and keep expectations low. We're making clear that this isn't a "ride" park trip. Right now the preferences for rides that have been stated are: Jungle/Jingle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. If the wait time is low (which I don't expect to happen) for 7DMT that would be a "dream on" type ride on the list too. As it is, I feel the "top picks" might be unrealistic given that we'd have to criss-cross so much of the park to hit them all. It's hard to plan since sometimes there are "better" days or "decent" says with the medical challenge. But if it is a "bad" day, we can't expect much. And we can only ever expect so much or predict so much. Currently we are planning our party night for the second day of our trip. Rest on afternoon arrival day, a full day to recoup (and likely not do too much), and then a do-nothing all morning/afternoon day on our party night. But still, that evening period tends to be a "witching" hour in terms of how things ever go. And after we get passed 7 p.m., most nights, all bets are off. SO we're really kind of gambling a bit on this party -- maybe more than most families. We're really trying to push it as "we're going to see holiday decorations and lights" and anything else is just kind of a bonus. Trying to keep everyone in that frame of mind. But, of course, that's hard when it's Disney and there starts to build excitement and a push to over-extend things and abilities.

We don't necessarily feel the need to get a DAS if they'd let all of us into the wheelchair area with just a wheelchair or seated walker (and not split us up). Or if they were to likely allow us to bring a folding camp stool into the park. But it's definitely good to know they don't work the same way as regular park hours.

If we were to watch the parade in Frontierland, how much time would we have to get over to Main Street to see the fireworks? And how crowded is it likely to be at that point?

Is it still really crowded if you move closer to the entrance of the park/beginning of Main St? Can you still see the castle projections from that position?

Is the area near the castle to watch the Mickey's Merriest stage show really crowded usually? How far back can you be (or do you need to be) to be out of the crowd and still see it? Do they set up screens to project it on and see it better if you're far back?

In the past (MVMCP), and currently doing MNSSHP, you can book FP+ up until 6pm. There are some challenges & have been cancellations but OP have called IT & had issues resolved. This is on front end so would know before you arrive. See Post #1 - FP+ for links for last year, not sure how many actually posted on that thread this year vs directly on MNSSHP.

You can see fireworks from Frontierland, we’ve done that before, just no castle projections.

Stage show, packed all the way back to Walt & Mickey and surrounding sides. So personal preference & how you do in crowds. PP record show, sit kids on shoulders, so further back you have that to deal with that, which is fine for us, sitting on rails, not sure how that would work for family. We’ve watched from there before & have arrived early to be right @ stage.

Not really sure of your plans & trip time, you may have stated in previous posts. Stage shows & parade are offered in park daily after the last MVMCP. Desser Party would be my suggestion for your needs except dietary issues, may have to pay up to fit medical needs. Rides operate as usual for day guests & all other visitors up until 6pm. Lots of info in 1st few posts, especially Post #1.

Happy planning! :santa:

Doing two MVMCP parties also-3 years in a row- We do also have regular park tickets for the same day- only to eat in the park prior to the party starting. We do all the shows, parades and character meets on first party, then take advantage of low wit times on the attractions for the second party.

Only planning on 1 party this year, did 2 last year, and got everything done! No rushing around. Enjoyed just about all treat locations too. But we've done just 1 party with a plan, and had a blast, just not as many characters that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter