"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw above for 2018 MVMCP that Splash Mountain shows that it will be on the list from November 17th - will that ride be totally shut down? I guess I'm a little confused as to why it says from Nov 17th. We are planning on going to the party on 11/13 and really hope that ride is open.

Are the lines to see Mickey and/or Donald during the party long? Just booked our tickets for the 16th, and I'm so excited!!

Are the lines to see Mickey and/or Donald during the party long? Just booked our tickets for the 16th, and I'm so excited!!

Donald's line is always about an hour since Scrooge meets with him. This used to be the only way to meet Scrooge, so it will be interesting to see if the line is shorter this year. Best strat for those guys is to line up at 6, that way you'll be one of the first to meet and won't waste party time.

I find the best way to meet Mickey is to watch the parade near the train station then duck into this line as the last float passes.

Which party would you pick? Sun 11/25 (the first one after Thanksgiving week) or Tues 11/27? We were originally going to do 11/27 but now something we had planned 11/25 may be cancelled so we were thinking of switching to accommodate both. BUT I worry 11/25 might be super busy since there were no parties the week before... anyone gone on the Sun after Thanksgiving last year? Was it worse than other days?

Last year the Sunday after Thanksgiving sold out. The Tuesday after Thanksgiving did not. But I would do what works best for your plans.

I thought they both sold out day of?

You're correct. We went to the party the Tuesday after Thanksgiving last year (11-28-17), and it sold out the day of. It was jammed. I'm considering trying the Thursday after Thanksgiving (11-29-18) for MVMCP this year instead (we have EMM on Tuesday) but doubt it will be noticeably different.

You're correct. We went to the party the Tuesday after Thanksgiving last year (11-28-17), and it sold out the day of. It was jammed. I'm considering trying the Thursday after Thanksgiving (11-29-18) for MVMCP this year instead (we have EMM on Tuesday) but doubt it will be noticeably different.

Good to know! Maybe I'll look at that option too. Our EMM was Sun but rumors of it being cancelled so if I want to keep EMM I would have to switch to Tues which was our original MVMCP night. I never considered Thurs! That's towards the end of our trip though too and don't want to be too tired...

Sorry about that. I looked at the wrong dates. I have been to sold out parties though and never felt they were that bad.

This will be our first year, and I was under the impression that they were all roughly the same, because they're hard ticket events with an attendance cap.

They don't all sell out though, so the ones that do not sell out have lower crowds.

It looks like that most of them, if last year is any indication. There can't be that much difference between the sellouts and other nights, but it would be interesting to hear from someone who has been to more than one.

2017 MVMCP Dates
November 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 & 28
December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 & 22

Sold Out Dates: 11/9 (10/25), 11/26 (11/26), 11/28 (11/28), 12/1 (11/21), 12/5 (12/5),12/12 (12/12), 12/15 (12/15), 12/17 (12/2), 12/21 (12/19) & 12/22 (12/6)

It looks like that most of them, if last year is any indication. There can't be that much difference between the sellouts and other nights, but it would be interesting to hear from someone who has been to more than one.
I’ve done both sellouts and non sellouts and have not experienced a noticeable difference. Even on non sellout nights, the party exclusive events (parade, fireworks, rare characters) command a LOT of guests, so those areas will be crowded at every party. I have noticed a bit of a difference with rides on non sellout nights, but not so much that I’d rearrange my schedule for a possible lower crowd. Having a good plan is far more important than the date you attend - pick the party that fits your schedule best!

I’ve done both sellouts and non sellouts and have not experienced a noticeable difference. Even on non sellout nights, the party exclusive events (parade, fireworks, rare characters) command a LOT of guests, so those areas will be crowded at every party. I have noticed a bit of a difference with rides on non sellout nights, but not so much that I’d rearrange my schedule for a possible lower crowd. Having a good plan is far more important than the date you attend - pick the party that fits your schedule best!

Thank you for sharing! This makes me feel a bit better if I end up having to switch!

So I did read the stickied posts and search (its probably somewhere in here and I am just not searching the right phrase)

Can I use a regular park ticket to enter say DHS in the morning and then attend the MVMCP at night with the MVMCP ticket? I know you cant use two regular park tickets in one day but what about a park ticket and a special event ticket?

So I did read the stickied posts and search (its probably somewhere in here and I am just not searching the right phrase)

Can I use a regular park ticket to enter say DHS in the morning and then attend the MVMCP at night with the MVMCP ticket? I know you cant use two regular park tickets in one day but what about a park ticket and a special event ticket?
Yes, you may use a regular park ticket and a special event ticket on the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter