"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't worry too much about ohana. They tend to seat late and you really don't want to rush that meal and feel like you're missing party time.

To justify the cost of ohana I feel like I need to sit there for quite a while shoveling food in ahaha.

Yeah, that's my concern too, but the other members of my party really want Ohana. If I can find something right at 3:30 when they first re-open for dinner, I'll grab it and we'll try to make it to MK by 5. Otherwise, I think we're going to pass on it because I don't want to miss any more time in the park than that. That's my same concern with keeping the Skipper Canteen ressie...I don't know if I really want to waste an hour (at least) on a sit-down dinner when the party is the only time we'll be in MK this trip.

Our party day is also our arrival day. The tentative plan is to leave home around 8 am and get to Pop around 12 pm.

Right now, we have a 4:35 pm ADR at Skipper Canteen, but I'm still searching for the elusive 3:30 pm Ohana ADR. If I can't get Ohana, we may either cancel Skipper Canteen and eat QS or try to find a slightly earlier ADR (I'm leaning toward cancelling altogether). If we can get Ohana, we'll go to MK immediately after dinner. If not, we plan to be at MK at 4 pm.

None of us are show or parade people, so we plan on utilizing party time mostly for the lower ride wait times and the fireworks. Can y'all give me an idea of what normal wait times are for rides during the party? If they're super low, we may try to hit a couple character meets as well.

This will be our first party, but I have a touring plans subscription. I find them to be fairly accurate with wait time estimates. When I type in the rides I'd like to do during the party, it is giving me a 5-10 minute wait estimate for almost every ride except 7DMT. PP and Space. 7DMT looks like about 30-45, PP and Space a bit less. So, we are planning to do most of the other rides and save those 3 for another day with fp's.

Does anyone have any experience doing a party on Veteran's Day? Our options are Monday the 12th or Tuesday the 13th. Our original thought was to do the Tuesday party but if we do we forgo the only evening EMH at Epcot during our vacation (assuming that schedule doesn't change). My only hesitation doing the Monday party is that it will be substantially more crowded than the Tuesday party. I know it won't be insane, but if we can avoid a crowd, we are gonna!

Bumping this! We are gonna pick the date that works best for us, but I'm still curious! Thanks!

Bumping this! We are gonna pick the date that works best for us, but I'm still curious! Thanks!

I'm sure other people have different experiences but I've always though Epcot evening magic hours suck.

Soarin and test track have always still had long lines, and that park is huge and there really aren't that many rides so it takes a long time to get from one to the other.

I'm sure other people have different experiences but I've always though Epcot evening magic hours suck.

Soarin and test track have always still had long lines, and that park is huge and there really aren't that many rides so it takes a long time to get from one to the other.

We actually don't ride many of the rides during EMH. We use it to meander and explore the world showcase at night!

We actually don't ride many of the rides during EMH. We use it to meander and explore the world showcase at night!

I was going to say the same thing. I normally use the EMH to enjoy World Showcase. It makes for a nice, relaxing evening.

I know this has been asked already, but I can't seem to find it...

What time do the Dwarfs come out for the meet and greet?

I know this hasbeen asked already, but I can't seem to find it...

What time do the Dwarfs come out for the meet and greet?
Just as a note we went in line for 7Drawfs at 5:15 and were about 20th in line. Once they started it didn’t take that long.

Last edited:
Just has a note we went in line for 7Drawfs at 5:15 and were about 20th in line. Once they started it didn’t take that long.

This is my daughter's MUST DO, so good to know. Thanks for the info.

Also, nice countdown background, lol.

just made an adr for my xmas night 11/8 at skipper canteen for 3:50. I was surprised the times for adrs for this restaurant were wide open being first xmas party night. i thought people grabbed adr's on mk property quickly.

does anyone think 11/8 first night or 11/ 9 friday night will be sold out and if so, when will that happen? approximately

From the second post for the 2017 dates:

Sold Out Dates: 11/9/17 (10/25/17),

Opening day last year sold out 2 weeks prior....

just made an adr for my xmas night 11/8 at skipper canteen for 3:50. I was surprised the times for adrs for this restaurant were wide open being first xmas party night. i thought people grabbed adr's on mk property quickly.

Skippers canteen is not the most popular restaurant, though I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter