"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Velvet Ears
2a16d1ea-87e3-4676-8dc4-9c7329ebf75b-jpeg.341233

I always wear my Christmas lights ears, but oh man, these match the Christmas party shirt I already have....
IMG_9612.JPG

first let me apologize if this has been asked and answered, as I haven't been on the boards for a while. I am planning our 2019 trip and was looking at 2018 dates just to get ideas... we will be at Disney Thanksgiving week of 2019, and I just realized there is no MVMCP during Thanksgiving week which has me really bummed... do they do any Christmas type parades at MK that week at all?

first let me apologize if this has been asked and answered, as I haven't been on the boards for a while. I am planning our 2019 trip and was looking at 2018 dates just to get ideas... we will be at Disney Thanksgiving week of 2019, and I just realized there is no MVMCP during Thanksgiving week which has me really bummed... do they do any Christmas type parades at MK that week at all?
If its a non MVMCP night, no but you shouldn't let that stop you from enjoying the decorations, the music, the characters in their Christmas clothes, the atmosphere, I could go on. There's still plenty of things you and your Fam can do at MK to celebrate the Christmas holiday without the Parade. :)

If its a non MVMCP night, no but you shouldn't let that stop you from enjoying the decorations, the music, the characters in their Christmas clothes, the atmosphere, I could go on. There's still plenty of things you and your Fam can do at MK to celebrate the Christmas holiday without the Parade. :)
I totally agree, as you can see we have been many times during the Christmas Holidays but we can only go when my grandson is out of school and we have been waiting for this trip and he is so excited. it will be 3 years since we were there by the time we go and for us that will be the longest in between visits since we statred going. I was just hoping to take him the a party

I totally agree, as you can see we have been many times during the Christmas Holidays but we can only go when my grandson is out of school and we have been waiting for this trip and he is so excited. it will be 3 years since we were there by the time we go and for us that will be the longest in between visits since we statred going. I was just hoping to take him the a party

Ok, before I say anything, I just want to say that I don't have kids. LOL. BUT I do have a general common sense understanding about where you're coming from. LOL. Hey, IF and I mean a HUGE Cinderella Castle sized IF, you're able to, you can always think about possibly making your arrival day on a party day. For example, Disney usually has a Christmas Party on Friday nights. So you and your Fam can possibly come on the Friday before Thanksgiving week, not spend money on a full park ticket but on a Party ticket. That way, you, your Fam, especially your grandson, will be able to enjoy the Party, Parade included. Hey, it'll be a great way to start your Thanksgiving week if the logistics and money are there. :) Yeah, it will be expensive, hands down. But if there's an opportunity to do it, why not right? Cause at the end of the day, you can never put a price on the enjoyment and happiness your grandson would feel. Just saying. :)

Last edited:
Hello :)
This will be our first time visiting WDW during the "Christmas season" and we are SO EXITED...
We have tickets to MVMCP at November 8 (DH and I)
I have already bought some T- Shirts, but I have never been to Disney in early November, so I am not sure if I would need a sweatshirt or if Shorts/Capri pants and a T- Shirt would be okey. Should I buy some Hoodies or long sleve T-Shirts also?

What does people wear to the Party?

Would we be able to buy some Christmas T-shirts, Sweaters etc when we come (We will arrive November 3.)

I feel a bit lost... what should I see? Do? Where to eat? "Lol" :)
We have been to WDW many times, so I know planning is a "must"

I hope my spelling is ok? I am from Norway :)
Thank you!

Adèle Marie

This will be our first time visiting WDW during the "Christmas season" and we are SO EXITED...
I have already bought some T- Shirts, but I have never been to Disney in early November, so I am not sure if I would need a sweatshirt or if Shorts/Capri pants and a T- Shirt would be okey. Should I buy some Hoodies or long sleve T-Shirts also?

Would we be able to buy some Christmas T-shirts, Sweaters etc when we come (We will arrive November 3.)

Thank you!

Adèle Marie

Once the sun goes down you may want a hoodie or sweatshirt. The humidity makes it feel chilly once the heat of the sun leaves. My kids also wear hoodies in the morning once they are adjusted to the weather change (3-4 days). But then my girls wear hoodies at home in the summer sometimes (so your experience may be different, depends on if you get cold easily). We were there at the end of October a few years ago and we did a Halloween party and some of our party had costumes made for colder weather and they had to take them off because it was so hot still. So the weather varies.

Thank you!

Adèle Marie

Once the sun goes down you may want a hoodie or sweatshirt. The humidity makes it feel chilly once the heat of the sun leaves. My kids also wear hoodies in the morning once they are adjusted to the weather change (3-4 days). But then my girls wear hoodies at home in the summer sometimes (so your experience may be different, depends on if you get cold easily). We were there at the end of October a few years ago and we did a Halloween party and some of our party had costumes made for colder weather and they had to take them off because it was so hot still. So the weather varies.

Of course, just like any trip to a different climate, consider what your body is used to. I assume that Norway has a range of climates, so we can't just assume that you live in snowy mountains...however, even if you are in a more temperate area it still may be cooler than a Florida autumn evening. I would suggest to briefly research the specific average temps for your climate and compare to autumn central Florida. You've been there several times before, so you know how much humidity plays a factor. So, I personally would suggest to consider how you would dress in your own home for the month or so leading up to your trip, and then compare that to any potential significant difference for when you arrive. I presume it most likely would NOT be colder in central FL, but I don't know. That being said, it's always smart to be prepared with a jacket or sweatshirt to wrap around your waist in case you need it later.

I am from Norway :)
Thank you!

Adèle Marie

On a separate note, I have always wondered how international visitors respond and react to the various pavilions at Epcot World Showcase, especially if there is one from a home country, like yours. I assume ume it wouldn't be distasteful, or else Disney would have assuredly made adjustments. But, do you or others find it respectful? Exciting? Too tourist-y? Or do you skip over it because it's just like home and some folks want to keep "home" and "vacation" separate? Just curious.

Thank you!

Adèle Marie

Since I know a little about the weather from Norway, my brother-in-law and his family lived there for a few years, and I have been to Walt Disney World at the beginning of November, I say mainly plan for shorts and short sleeve t-shirts, but bring a pair or two of pants/capris and a hoodie, light jacket, or sweatshirt. I am from Texas, and even we thought it was mostly warm at the beginning of November. One year we attended WDW the week after Christmas through New Years Day. That week ranged from shorts and t-shirts to 40F needing pants and a winter coat. They usually sell more Christmas short sleeve t-shirts than long sleeve or sweatshirts. Most of our Disney Christmas shirts are short sleeve t-shirts. They have been selling a Christmas hoodie every year for the pasts couple of years too. They do start selling the Christmas merchandise by early November. Hope you have a great time.

Thank you everyone for the answer to my questions :)
It is so hard to tell the weather.. even here in Norway...
I live just outside Oslo (the capital of Norway)

We USUALLY does not get the "coldest" weather... and the last 5 years or so, we have had very little snow and not so cold weather.
BUT... THIS YEAR, the weather here has been really strange... We had A LOT of SNOW this winter and it was there almost true the end of April.
After that... in the beginning/middle of May, we got hight temperatures, and it just keeping get higher. This summer, the average temperature has been around 30-35 CELCIUS... (Feels like Florida temps)

I am very exited to see the FALL weather... "Normally" in November in Norway it will be around 0-10 CELCIUS and not much snow.
So.. the weather in Florida will definitely be warmer, but I tend to be cold easily, so a Hoodie and light jacket sounds good for morning and nights.
I will also bring some "long" capri pant and light pants. (I will have to buy some Christmas hoodies before I leave)

I am sooooo exited for this trip...

Which party would you pick? Sun 11/25 (the first one after Thanksgiving week) or Tues 11/27? We were originally going to do 11/27 but now something we had planned 11/25 may be cancelled so we were thinking of switching to accommodate both. BUT I worry 11/25 might be super busy since there were no parties the week before... anyone gone on the Sun after Thanksgiving last year? Was it worse than other days?

We did the Tuesday after Thanksgiving sold out party. Was our first, felt crowds were great for what we wanted to experience. If you want magic shots and character pics, you'll stand in ridiculous lines. Ride lines, walk-on to almost walk-on. We did the 2nd parade, got a spot on Main Street near the tree right after Holiday Wishes. Kids got to pick 1 character M&G b/c. Got in line for Sandy Claws at 5:20, he came out at 6, we met at 6:45, and felt it was worth it, especially since we were done before the party. Went and watched the other characters interactions which was fine for us, and in some cases better than waiting for a pic.

We did the Tuesday after Thanksgiving sold out party. Was our first, felt crowds were great for what we wanted to experience. If you want magic shots and character pics, you'll stand in ridiculous lines. Ride lines, walk-on to almost walk-on. We did the 2nd parade, got a spot on Main Street near the tree right after Holiday Wishes. Kids got to pick 1 character M&G b/c. Got in line for Sandy Claws at 5:20, he came out at 6, we met at 6:45, and felt it was worth it, especially since we were done before the party. Went and watched the other characters interactions which was fine for us, and in some cases better than waiting for a pic.

Thanks for sharing! I forgot they have 2 parades! Yeah I’m not sure that we would want to do a lot of meet and greets. Maybe a few? Depends who’s there!

We are interested in meeting the princesses during the party. We have dining reservations that will allow my kids to meet Prince Eric, Flynn Rider, Prince Charming and most of the princesses. But they want to meet Tiana and Elena. Would it make more sense to use FP during the day for those 2 or are the lines fairly resonable (compared to 7 dwarf, sandy Clause) during the holiday parties?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I forgot they have 2 parades! Yeah I’m not sure that we would want to do a lot of meet and greets. Maybe a few? Depends who’s there!

We also wanted the Dwarfs and Moana, but the waits were 1 and 2 hours respectively. It's a lot of money to stand in line for an hour + of the actual party time, but that's us, each family is different. We did walk around and see them, the Dwarfs were great fun to watch.

For those who have attended the party in the past, is it feasible to line up at 5 for the Dwarves and then jump in line for Donald and Scrooge right after and not lose a lot of party time? That's the only two I want to really meet

We also wanted the Dwarfs and Moana, but the waits were 1 and 2 hours respectively. It's a lot of money to stand in line for an hour + of the actual party time, but that's us, each family is different. We did walk around and see them, the Dwarfs were great fun to watch.

I was saddened to read Moana has a 1-2 hour wait too! Do the lines go down during parade/fireworks shows or is that a pretty solid wait all night?

We are interested in meeting the princesses during the party. We have dining reservations that will allow my kids to meet Prince Eric, Flynn Rider, Prince Charming and most of the princesses. But they want to meet Tiana and Elena. Would it make more sense to use FP during the day for those 2 or are the lines fairly resonable (compared to 7 dwarf, sandy Clause) during the holiday parties?

If you just want the meet the princesses, do it during the day. However, Tiana and Naveen are really hilarious together. We've met them at several different MVCMP, one time we lucked into a short line, the other time waited a while.

I'd say your best chances would be during a parade, or watch the Hallowishes fireworks behind the castle and duck into their line the second the fireworks finish.

For those who have attended the party in the past, is it feasible to line up at 5 for the Dwarves and then jump in line for Donald and Scrooge right after and not lose a lot of party time? That's the only two I want to really meet

That would probably work. I believe the ducks line starts to form around 7 and then builds very quickly. Though I am wondering if it might be different this year since Scrooge has been available to meet at AK. Before, the only place you could find him was the MVMCP.

Just be sure to check back here after the first party to see what the Dwarves are starting this year, as their start time has changed in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter