• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the process like if you pick up your wrist band from inside park? I’m thinking of going to the fantasyland one.

Is it a long line - spend more than 10 - 15 minutes waiting? Does it start right at 4pm or a little earlier?

We have been in the MK on party day 3 times. We usually have picked the bands up around
4 pm or a little later and it seems we have gone to a different of the in the park stations for the party wrist band depending on where we were at that time and there was never a line. It was so quick and easy we just walked up to one of the CMs who scanned our MBs and put on the wristband plus gave the guide showing where the merchandise, shows, free food and pay for food were with show times. We always have the tickets we get in the mail with us just in case. We have not been in a few years so not sure if anything changed but for MVMCP merchandise you do want to be at the stores a little before 4 pm it goes fast. We had the best experience at the Emporium and the worst experience at the store near Dumbo called Big Top Treats or something like that. They did not have it out on time I believe it was 20-30 minutes late and when we were nicely trying to get answers from the CMs about when the shirts would be available they were awful. We had dinner at BOG so we did not have time to go too far to another store that sold it so just waited and luckily right before we had to leave it was out.

Last edited:
There are projections on the castle during the holiday fireworks. There were in 2017. They just weren't very elaborate. Also you will see Tinkerbell if you are in front of the castle. I wouldn't stand directly in front because the biggest fireworks go off directly behind the castle and it is hard to see them. Standing in front but to one of the sides would be the best viewing IMO because you would get the full affect of everything. There are videos on YouTube if you want an idea.

You are right you won't be able to do everything. I would plan on only having a few meet and greets planned because that is where you will find the longest lines. You are also going during a night that might be close to if not sold out because it will have the residual Thanksgiving crowds. You will definitely be able to do the rides, shows, parade, and maybe a few characters. The rides aren't all walk on when the party is crowded. There can be a wait on the more popular rides that are open. That was my experience from last year and we went on Dec 10th which was a Sunday. It wasn't sold out but it was crowded. I hope that helps.

We already have 2 other MK days planned for our trip, with half the parkone day and the other half the second day, plus MVMCP as an extra special event. Other than the Jingle Cruise, there was no thought to rides. Mainly the parades, shows, M&Gs and any other special party-specific events. So, trying to get an idea of how best to plan this event to get as much in without backtracking unnecessarily and then prioritizing wait times and locations. Sorry, if I made it assume that our party evening would include rides.

Do people think Sunday 12/9 will be substantially busier than Tuesday 12/11? Still vacillating where to put the party in our trip...

I’m hopefully going to WDW in November again! I loved MVMCP last year for the first time and this thread was so helpful! I read the thread afterwards as well and saw some of my timing mistakes so hopefully I’ll be able to do more this year!

We are planning on going to our first MVMCP on our arrival day on 12/7. We have been to multiple MNSSHPs and can't wait to give the Christmas party a try. At the free treat locations, is it the same treats at each location, or are they different?

I wonder why we can't order them online yet?

They're supposed to be available online starting the 17th.

Okay party dates during my stay are the December 11TH (T) , 13TH (TH) , 14TH (F), 16TH (Sun) and 18TH (T). First will Friday still be AM EMH and if it is, does that make that a less desirable day to go to MK during the day or does the theory of a party day being less crowded due to shortened hours still apply? Second which day would you pick to go to the party? The 11TH is not super convenient due to it being our arrival day.

I wouldn't do the Friday one because Friday parties tend to be more crowded due to locals who don't have to worry about getting up early the next day for work or school. I would just go with whichever one works best with your schedule.

Do people think Sunday 12/9 will be substantially busier than Tuesday 12/11? Still vacillating where to put the party in our trip...

I wouldn't expect it to be any busier - is there some reason you think it might be? If you're thinking it will be busier due to the typical advice that weekend parties are busier due to locals, Sunday parties aren't considered weekend parties. Like I said above, Friday parties tend to attract more locals because they don't have to worry about getting up early for work or school the next day - that's not going to be the case on Sundays.

We are planning on going to our first MVMCP on our arrival day on 12/7. We have been to multiple MNSSHPs and can't wait to give the Christmas party a try. At the free treat locations, is it the same treats at each location, or are they different?

Different. It has been a few years but I remember the drinks were hot chocolate, eggnog, and apple cider. I believe the snacks were snow cones, snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, gingersnap cookies, and peppermint cookies.

Last edited:

Different. It has been a few years but I remember the drinks were hot chocolate, eggnog, and apple cider. I believe the snacks were snow cones, snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, gingersnap cookies, and peppermint cookies.

Thanks!

This! You can go to Post #3, there's a link for the 2017 thread. Post #1, 2017, includes options and locations from last year for free treats.

Ok. Help me out here. We plan 2 MK days, plus the MVMCP, and the way we have our schedule is for the party to be in the middle of those 2 other days (still spread out over 10 days). Our first MK day is our first day of our trip, and we will spend it at Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, with both castle meals - BOG lunch and CRT. That's the "heavier" of the 2 days. Adventureland and Frontierland are for MK day 2 near the end of the trip. Since these 2 lands are "lighter" in terms of what our family would like to do, it might turn into a hopper day, beginning elsewhere and then meeting back in MK. We've never actually ever done PH before, so a little FP help is what I'm after. We plan on arriving for MVMCP at 4, we can either wait for M&G, or perhaps hit a ride or two from MK day2 at this point. We were not planning on using a park ticket for MVMCP day at all. Can we use FP between 4 and party start time? If not, how does FP work if you use PH? Especially if we are at one of the tiered parks (EP or HS)? Can we use a tier A FP in the morning there and then still have FPs available for MK later that day? Ultimately, we hit MK fireworks for each day -one up close and the other further away (not counting MVMCP, which is a different show, correct?)

Thanks!

Ok. Help me out here. We plan 2 MK days, plus the MVMCP, and the way we have our schedule is for the party to be in the middle of those 2 other days (still spread out over 10 days). Our first MK day is our first day of our trip, and we will spend it at Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, with both castle meals - BOG lunch and CRT. That's the "heavier" of the 2 days. Adventureland and Frontierland are for MK day 2 near the end of the trip. Since these 2 lands are "lighter" in terms of what our family would like to do, it might turn into a hopper day, beginning elsewhere and then meeting back in MK. We've never actually ever done PH before, so a little FP help is what I'm after. We plan on arriving for MVMCP at 4, we can either wait for M&G, or perhaps hit a ride or two from MK day2 at this point. We were not planning on using a park ticket for MVMCP day at all. Can we use FP between 4 and party start time? If not, how does FP work if you use PH? Especially if we are at one of the tiered parks (EP or HS)? Can we use a tier A FP in the morning there and then still have FPs available for MK later that day? Ultimately, we hit MK fireworks for each day -one up close and the other further away (not counting MVMCP, which is a different show, correct?)

Thanks!

See Post #1 for FP+ details.

:santa: Are FP+ Reservations available during the party?

Joining in! :wave2: We will be there on December 9! We are doing our first Merritime Disney Cruise and I'm so stoked for both! We just have one day at Epcot and MK before the cruise. I am actually super excited our MK day will actually be a party day because we've always found crowds to be low on party days! Our last Christmas party was in 2016, can't wait for this one! I always hope there will be photo ops with the reindeer outside of a dance party. I just can't handle how adorable they are! Maybe this year! :scratchin

Thanks!
I don't think you can book fastpasses unless you have a valid park ticket for that day

You can book them from 4-6
That's what I'm still confused about. The first post mentioned that for was available during that time, but does that assume we already were using a park ticket from the morning? So, if we have a 6-day ticket and NOT using it on party day, does that mean we have 7days of FP availability (so long as party day is limited to 4-6 pm)?

That's what I'm still confused about. The first post mentioned that for was available during that time, but does that assume we already were using a park ticket from the morning? So, if we have a 6-day ticket and NOT using it on party day, does that mean we have 7days of FP availability (so long as party day is limited to 4-6 pm)?
Someone also said to book any party fastpasses LAST when you are making yours, or it could mess you up getting your last day booked, is that still correct.

Good points and valid concerns.

Someone also said to book any party fastpasses LAST when you are making yours, or it could mess you up getting your last day booked, is that still correct.

Yes, this was done and posted by PP last year.

You need to view all of the links under the FP+ info. Too much for here when info is available in details through those resources. Yes, you could book FP+ with party ticket, even though not regular ticket, consider it Pixie Dust that has been around for years for those with a party ticket. FP+ for parties last year worked (MNSSHP & MVMCP), but some PP lost FP+, some received emails, and so on. This thread isn't for FP+, but we like to be informed about things that have an impact on parties. So read those links. However, things could change this year in regards to FP+. Post #1 stays updated as info is released. Happy Planning!!!

As best I could deduce from the threads for last year's MNSSHP (I assume it works the same for MVMCP), you could make FastPasses with a party ticket and people did up until last year when Disney decided party tickets were not valid entitlements for FastPass purposes and started cancelling the last day of FastPasses on some folks. There was a lot of confusion. Some had their FPs cancelled, others claimed not. Some reported being able to remake FPs after theirs were cancelled.

What it boils down to is it appears Disney is not considering party tickets valid entitlements for FastPass purposes. You can still make FastPasses, but you have to have enough days of regular MYW tickets or an AP to act as an entitlement. Now, I'm not 100% on this (assuming they track park entry only to MDE account and don't tie FPs made to individual entitlements for FP ban purposes), but I don't think you actually have to use the day on your regular tickets, just have it. That is to say you should be able to enter after 4 PM using just your party ticket, even with FastPasses. For example, say you have a 7 Day MYW ticket plus a Party Ticket, you can make 7 Days of FastPasses. To make FastPasses for MNSSHP, you would have to forgo FastPasses for one of the other days, add additional tickets to MDE, or add an additional day to your ticket.

So here’s my question, Can I purchase AP tickets prior to getting an AP pass as long as I have an active AP when I pick up my party tickets? If I can’t do that should I wait until I arrive to buy tickets? Or is there another option I’m missing?

Right now, my plan is to do a solo trip second week in December and while I’m there upgrade my tickets to an AP. Since I don’t want to activate the AP early and still want to be able to make FP at 60 days this seemed like the best option. But it would be nice to get the savings on the party ticket. I was planning to do 12/11 party which is a Tuesday.

We are going for Make a Wish and working with them now on dates. Daughter wants to go to a Christmas party so when is the best week for low crowds in either Nov or Dec? We will have unlimited fast passes but at the same time we don’t want to be elbow to elbow walking around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter