"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
As best I could deduce from the threads for last year's MNSSHP (I assume it works the same for MVMCP), you could make FastPasses with a party ticket and people did up until last year when Disney decided party tickets were not valid entitlements for FastPass purposes and started cancelling the last day of FastPasses on some folks. There was a lot of confusion. Some had their FPs cancelled, others claimed not. Some reported being able to remake FPs after theirs were cancelled.

I made (3) FP using MNSSHP party tickets. I did not make MNSSHP FP last. It was random, I made hard to get FP first (FOP, FEA, 7DMT). Everything was fine until we were actually at HS (2nd day of our trip) and I got an e-mail about FP issues for our last day (EPCOT). I called an IT# and they were able to restore all but one of our FP for that day (4 of us). I had to stop at guest relations on the actual Epcot day to fix the one FP (done without a problem and short wait).

So here’s my question, Can I purchase AP tickets prior to getting an AP pass as long as I have an active AP when I pick up my party tickets? If I can’t do that should I wait until I arrive to buy tickets? Or is there another option I’m missing?

Right now, my plan is to do a solo trip second week in December and while I’m there upgrade my tickets to an AP. Since I don’t want to activate the AP early and still want to be able to make FP at 60 days this seemed like the best option. But it would be nice to get the savings on the party ticket. I was planning to do 12/11 party which is a Tuesday.
I think you can do that. You will not receive your tickets. They will be will call and when you activate your AP you can pick them up. That is what they told me when I bought mine, However, my AP is sitting on my account waiting to be activated, so they could have seen it there. All you can do is try

I think you can do that. You will not receive your tickets. They will be will call and when you activate your AP you can pick them up. That is what they told me when I bought mine, However, my AP is sitting on my account waiting to be activated, so they could have seen it there. All you can do is try

Thanks!

I'm going to miss the last party by two days and really wanted to see Holiday Wishes. Would they show that firework show during Christmas time as the regular show or have I missed my chance?

So here’s my question, Can I purchase AP tickets prior to getting an AP pass as long as I have an active AP when I pick up my party tickets? If I can’t do that should I wait until I arrive to buy tickets? Or is there another option I’m missing?

Right now, my plan is to do a solo trip second week in December and while I’m there upgrade my tickets to an AP. Since I don’t want to activate the AP early and still want to be able to make FP at 60 days this seemed like the best option. But it would be nice to get the savings on the party ticket. I was planning to do 12/11 party which is a Tuesday.
You’d have to try to call to do this. Once tickets do go on sale on line you can only see the discounted price and purchase discounted tickets by logging into the website. Only if you have an AP or DVC designation linked to your account it allows you to purchase with the discount. Perhaps if you call and explain they may sell you the discounted ticket (if you have you pick it up anyway and show AP to do so). I know in the past I have gotten the DVC discounted tickets mailed directly to my home address and never had to go to will call.

ARE THESE TICKETS EXTRA EVEN IF YOU HAVE A DAY TICKET YOU PURCHASED IN ADVANCE? HOW DOES THIS WORK? WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE NOV. 12 AND 13TH, SO... TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS

ARE THESE TICKETS EXTRA EVEN IF YOU HAVE A DAY TICKET YOU PURCHASED IN ADVANCE? HOW DOES THIS WORK? WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE NOV. 12 AND 13TH, SO... TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS
Yes the Christmas party tickets are a separate ticket you must purchase. If you only have a day ticket you will be required to leave when the party starts at 7pm.

I'm going to miss the last party by two days and really wanted to see Holiday Wishes. Would they show that firework show during Christmas time as the regular show or have I missed my chance?

Last year, it was HEA only once MVMCP ended. This was a change from prior years, where they did run Holiday Wishes around Christmas week, if I'm not mistaken. My assumption is that given the continued popularity of HEA, they'll do the same thing (HEA only) again this year.

Yes the Christmas party tickets are a separate ticket you must purchase. If you only have a day ticket you will be required to leave when the party starts at 7pm.

Small caveat in that the park closes at 6pm for non-party guests, which was a change implemented last year and presumably will continue this year as well since MNSSHP is following the same change.

I'll be at Disney Nov 24-Dec 2 and was able to get my ticket for the Nov 29th party. I'm so looking forward to going.

Small caveat in that the park closes at 6pm for non-party guests, which was a change implemented last year and presumably will continue this year as well since MNSSHP is following the same change.
Yes thanks I should have said that the rides and attractions close at 6 pm to day guests. However I know last year they let day guests stay to watch the first castle lighting which was at 6:15 or 6:30 so they weren’t immediately ushering guests out. Also from reports I read here it sounded like people were able to shop on Main Street as well during the 6-7 hour without party tickets (just not the party specific merchandise).

So my party of 9 were thinking of wearing matching Christmas PJs to the Christmas party (Yes, we are that group that coordinates outfits. LOL) Do many people wear pajamas? Also, the latest we have ever visited WDW was in October and we have only been there once when it was cold enough where we had to wear pants and long sleeves. Would flannel pajamas be too hot the 2nd week of December? Thanks for the help!

Last year, it was HEA only once MVMCP ended. This was a change from prior years, where they did run Holiday Wishes around Christmas week, if I'm not mistaken. My assumption is that given the continued popularity of HEA, they'll do the same thing (HEA only) again this year.
And this is one reason I am doing the Christmas party. I'm not a fan of HEA, and it's been a few years since I saw Holiday Wishes. They are amazing and don't want to miss them. We are planning on doing the Christmas party on December 18. It will be our first one.

So no special Christmas events in the MK during Thanksgiving week? That is the only time I can go- seems weird not to have any special Christmas parades or shows at the MK then. I would pay for a party but they aren't offered - I get why, cause it is too busy but then shouldn't they at least show the parade during a busy holiday week? Do they show the Christmas parade after 12-21? I read above that they only show HEA after 12-21 so was wondering if that is the same for the other shows, etc..

Sorry to be lacking in knowledge on this. Besides flights and hotels, I am just beginning to plan my Thanksgiving trip and haven't had a chance to read all the posts here. Thanks in advance!

So no special Christmas events in the MK during Thanksgiving week? That is the only time I can go- seems weird not to have any special Christmas parades or shows at the MK then. I would pay for a party but they aren't offered - I get why, cause it is too busy but then shouldn't they at least show the parade during a busy holiday week? Do they show the Christmas parade after 12-21? I read above that they only show HEA after 12-21 so was wondering if that is the same for the other shows, etc..

Sorry to be lacking in knowledge on this. Besides flights and hotels, I am just beginning to plan my Thanksgiving trip and haven't had a chance to read all the posts here. Thanks in advance!
The Christmas parade will run in the parks once the last MVMCP has been held.

Our dates are 11/11-11/18 for my daughter's bday. We had planned to do the Sunday night 11/11 party on arrival day but they are doing Monday night 11/12 instead and no Sunday party. Anyone care to guess if it'll be a total zoo since it's a holiday? The other option would be Tuesday but that our planned MK day for the lower crowds so an early night following the party the night before would probably be better. Plus the parks look to be crazy on the 12th...i know that doesn't necessarily translate to the party crowds though. Thoughts?

We will be there for Monday Nov 12 or Tues Nov 13. Any opinions on which is better, or are they pretty much equal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter