"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make sure I understand this correctly - one can snag a spot for the first parade in the same area as the Tony's people can during the second parade? For some reason I assumed there was a different party there for the first parade. Do they ever film there and block of that area for other reasons other than dessert parties, etc..? How early do you have to snag a curb seat in the center? 2 hours or more? Do the CMs let people wait super long there for the parade? Sorry for all the questions - never went to this party before and am trying to catch up on all the info.

Yes, not reserved for 1st parade. The other Dessert Parties, TT & TT w/ Garden View are for Fireworks only. Filming for Christmas show/parades occur during the day on designated dates with majority being filmed at DL (See Page 1, updated with info that was provided), I think taping was last week. Last year, parade viewing was not included with the fireworks. 2016 - when parade viewing was included, it was for the 1st parade. So with year 3 of changes, not sure on times, hopefully someone else will post/reply. I'm going Friday night.

I want to make sure I understand this correctly - one can snag a spot for the first parade in the same area as the Tony's people can during the second parade? For some reason I assumed there was a different party there for the first parade. Do they ever film there and block of that area for other reasons other than dessert parties, etc..? How early do you have to snag a curb seat in the center? 2 hours or more? Do the CMs let people wait super long there for the parade? Sorry for all the questions - never went to this party before and am trying to catch up on all the info.

Yes, not reserved for 1st parade. The other Dessert Parties, TT & TT w/ Garden View are for Fireworks only. Filming for Christmas show/parades occur during the day on designated dates with majority being filmed at DL (See Page 1, updated with info that was provided), I think taping was last week. Last year, parade viewing was not included with the fireworks. 2016 - when parade viewing was included, it was for the 1st parade. So with year 3 of changes, not sure on times, hopefully someone else will post/reply. I'm going Friday night.

There is no time limit on waiting in a particular area for a show, parade or fireworks.

There is no time limit on waiting in a particular area for a show, parade or fireworks.
Thanks so much! I am going Friday too - I have been sick and haven't done my homework on this so trying to scrabble last minute for info.

I seriously go back and forth. Im just like you and worry about it all!

My worries - will I feel like I missed out on 2.5 hours of the party by being at Tonys? But when I look at my itinerary I was planning on watching both the fireworks and the parade at that time of night which I could do both with the party...

We have to eat dinner at some point anyway which would cost me about $40 or more at a quick service for food and drinks, here we'd get food and alcohol drinks which DH would love.

Parade - possibly prime viewing? We probably wouldnt mind standing and we did waste about an hour of our last party waiting for the parade so we would hopefully be able to enjoy some of the food and drinks.

I will probably do it. As much as I don't want to give Disney that extra money it is probably worth it for me to not have to wait an hour on an uncomfortable curb for the parade anyway!
I am thinking the same way.... There is only hubby and myself but I know he won't be happy having to deal with the crowds (haha I know wrong place to goto on vacation). I could cancel our Liberty Tree Reservation for the day before and just do a counter service that day and like you said we have to eat anyways.. ugh..

It just makes me cringe spending $200 each for the night lol

Thanks for the replies. I would love to hear from someone who has gone already. It is a lot of money so I am curious. The reviews I read are basically saying if you can afford it do it.

I totally agree with your points above. We all have to eat, we all will need a nice place to rest, we all want to see the parade, and we have already spent the money on the MVMCP in the first place so this is like an insurance policy that we will have all of the above without too much extra thought or effort on our part. Because, like I said, we are all going to be doing those things... might as well just do them at Tony’s. So, the good out weighed the bad (extra price, possibly missing party time) for us.

I booked it. Like you said the good seems to outweigh the bad and I haven't heard one bad review of it. I guess if closer to the trip I hear it's a mad house I'll cancel but I don't see that happening!

I am thinking the same way.... There is only hubby and myself but I know he won't be happy having to deal with the crowds (haha I know wrong place to goto on vacation). I could cancel our Liberty Tree Reservation for the day before and just do a counter service that day and like you said we have to eat anyways.. ugh..

It just makes me cringe spending $200 each for the night lol

Right? Lol that extra $200 does hurt but hopefully it prefers the having to wait forever for a spot for the parade! I waited an hour for a Main Street spot in 2016 and ended up having a bright lamp ruining all of my photos. At least I know Ill get some good photos and video from this spot!

I booked it. Like you said the good seems to outweigh the bad and I haven't heard one bad review of it. I guess if closer to the trip I hear it's a mad house I'll cancel but I don't see that happening!

Right? Lol that extra $200 does hurt but hopefully it prefers the having to wait forever for a spot for the parade! I waited an hour for a Main Street spot in 2016 and ended up having a bright lamp ruining all of my photos. At least I know Ill get some good photos and video from this spot!

You are totally right... I am off to do some re planning to figure out a good game plan. My travel panic has set in.. I have 1 full day off before we fly out on the 29th :surfweb: but I could reason with myself that working these extra shifts will cover the cost of the Tony's package hehe.. think I just talked myself into it..

It looks like we’ll get to test those theories of what a sold out Tony’s looks like sooner rather than later...this Friday’s Tony’s add-on has 12 tickets left, at least by way of the booking tool!

It’s back above 14 plus now. I think we’ll start to see some cancellations if it gets below that amount, which is maybe what already happened from when you checked earlier.

I put vet bills on my biz cards. He's the office dog and essential in managing my rental house That house was.his.first home so he has a vested interest in it :rotfl2:

It looks like we’ll get to test those theories of what a sold out Tony’s looks like sooner rather than later...this Friday’s Tony’s add-on has 12 tickets left, at least by way of the booking tool!

Are you just searching for ADRs with large party sizes? Or did Disney introduce something like Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, etc's scarcity marketing to fill this saying "only 12 seats left..."

I am really struggling with deciding on which day. We already have tickets for the DAH event at MK on a Wednesday and my choices for the Xmas party are Friday, Sunday, Tuesday or Thursday. I think that Tuesday's are the least crowded, but do I really want to do 2 events at MK back to back? Are Sunday or Thursday any worse than Tuesday as far as crowds go?

I am curious what the sold out number is for Tony’s most merriest. I’m hoping it’s not such a large number that it makes that area super crowded.

I am curious what the sold out number is for Tony’s most merriest. I’m hoping it’s not such a large number that it makes that area super crowded.
I love WDW, but considering it's charging another $99 per person, I imagine it will try and cram as many people into that reserved space as possible!

Tony's sells lunch packages with FoF parade viewing there and there was a FP+ for parades back in 2016. I am sure Disney knows the max capacity (profit) that roped-off area can fit while still allowing guests to breathe.

Short of looking at the fire code capacity of Tony’s, I don’t think anyone knows. However, knowing how Disney oversells events and seeing that this is a $100 up charge per person, I have to believe that if sold out, the area will feel super crowded. And as stated up thread, most people won’t have the “great view”.

I am really struggling with deciding on which day. We already have tickets for the DAH event at MK on a Wednesday and my choices for the Xmas party are Friday, Sunday, Tuesday or Thursday. I think that Tuesday's are the least crowded, but do I really want to do 2 events at MK back to back? Are Sunday or Thursday any worse than Tuesday as far as crowds go?

FWIW, I did DAH on a Thursday and MNSSHP on the next Friday back in late Sept. Obviously not ideal, but the way my trip worked that was my only choice.

First comment - and I hate to say it - but DAH on one night and then a crowded party the next night sort of amplifies just how crowded the parties are, well at least that's what happened for us. I was annoyed at the party crowd that Friday night, and I blame some of it on the fact that my DAH memory of the night before was so fresh (and so awesome).

If possible, I'd try not to do back to back DAH and party nights... partly due to what I just mentioned but also just to space out MK time and back to back late nights (unless you're just a total night owl).

Just my opinion, of course.

Just checked again for the heck of it and it’s now showing 9 spots left.
Wow! I have to say, when I saw Most Merriest released I could not imagine it would be as popular as it has!

Disney is so smart. Filling the MK TS with the worst reputation and probably making more money than it would if Tony's actually booked solid during MVMCP as a regular TS ADR.

FWIW, I did DAH on a Thursday and MNSSHP on the next Friday back in late Sept. Obviously not ideal, but the way my trip worked that was my only choice.

First comment - and I hate to say it - but DAH on one night and then a crowded party the next night sort of amplifies just how crowded the parties are, well at least that's what happened for us. I was annoyed at the party crowd that Friday night, and I blame some of it on the fact that my DAH memory of the night before was so fresh (and so awesome).

If possible, I'd try not to do back to back DAH and party nights... party due to what I just mentioned but also just to space out MK time and back to back late nights (unless you're just a total night owl).

Just my opinion, of course.

This is great, thank you! Do you think that a Sunday or a Thursday would be less crowded for the Xmas party? I was afraid that 2 nights in a row would ruin it for me and it looks like that might be the case.

Wow! I have to say, when I saw Most Merriest released I could not imagine it would be as popular as it has!

Disney is so smart. Filling the MK TS with the worst reputation and probably making more money than it would if Tony's actually booked solid during MVMCP as a regular TS ADR.

That’s just it, I believe the popularity is due to the reviews of the early parties that were not well attended and are not going to be representative of a nearly sold out party. Time will tell if the popularity remains strong. And yes, Disney is very very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter