"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if you go to Disney and MVMCP a lot, then I guess Tony's would be good.
But for my family that goes every 10 years... I feel if I spent extra money for Tony's, I would want to stay there and get my money's worth with the food and drinks. In turn miss the other parts of the party.
Everyone has their own priorities ...

This is us. We go every 3-5 years and we take more than 1 vacation a year. It’s around $600 for us just to attend the party, which is a splurge. I just can’t make myself spend $1100 to attend a party at a party. Love seeing the photos of folks who do, but nope.

Just wanted to point that there is very little (MK view side) to no snow (Tony’s view side) coming down in that area. While there is some residual snow from over the bakery if the wind blows right, it is nothing like the spots all along main st.
Thats ok with me!! I get enough snow at home...and its the real stuff lol!! Just like to see the view more than actually be IN it...:)

Well I did it...I pulled the trigger thanks to Josh's review. I grabbed Tony's for the 9th. This will be our second trip to Disney and we can't wait. My fear is that it will be very crowded around the Flagpole. So far I've seen mixed reviews on that. A Few people said there was so much room around the area and other's have said it was pretty crowded. I hope that's not the case.

Thats ok with me!! I get enough snow at home...and its the real stuff lol!! Just like to see the view more than actually be IN it...:)

LOL, I know, right? I have the dubious distinction of living in the snowiest city in the US; over 200 inches last year and already over 18 inches so far this year. Don't you realize that the Disney snow is magic though? We truly enjoy the immersive experience of viewing the parade on Main St. with the "snow" all around us!!

We’re going tonight and I’m trying to prepare the family for the crows (set expectations to avoid disappointments). Should we be expecting it to be as crowded as a regular park day (TP had yesterday as an 8/10)? EMH morning? EMH evening? Times for rides don’t tell the full story as it seems most are in line for characters or holding a spot for the parade.

@monique5 if you get a chance, can you see how the lines are for the Ducks and Minnie/Daisy later in the evening?

PS. I was having disboard withdrawal with it being down for a while. lol

Yes, not reserved for 1st parade. The other Dessert Parties, TT & TT w/ Garden View are for Fireworks only. Filming for Christmas show/parades occur during the day on designated dates with majority being filmed at DL (See Page 1, updated with info that was provided), I think taping was last week. Last year, parade viewing was not included with the fireworks. 2016 - when parade viewing was included, it was for the 1st parade. So with year 3 of changes, not sure on times, hopefully someone else will post/reply. I'm going Friday night.

There is no time limit on waiting in a particular area for a show, parade or fireworks.

Has anyone observed what time you need to be at the flagpole area before the first parade to snag that Tony's view? Anyone have plans to try it? Our boys will fall asleep in the stroller before the second second parade so the Tony's party doesn't make sense for us. TIA.

Does anyone know what time the line for Jack and Sally closes? My kids are more interested in seeing them than I thought, and I read somewhere that the line can be shortish later in the evening. Thinking about trying it after the second parade if they’re still open!

Does anyone know what time the line for Jack and Sally closes? My kids are more interested in seeing them than I thought, and I read somewhere that the line can be shortish later in the evening. Thinking about trying it after the second parade if they’re still open!
CMs will close the line when they think the current queue will take them to the end of the party, so “close time” can vary by night. A few posts back someone mentioned getting in line at 11:30, but personally I wouldn’t go any later than 11 to be safe.

Has anyone observed what time you need to be at the flagpole area before the first parade to snag that Tony's view? Anyone have plans to try it? Our boys will fall asleep in the stroller before the second second parade so the Tony's party doesn't make sense for us. TIA.
I can’t speak from personal experience, but would think that spot fills hours before parade time.

@monique5 if you get a chance, can you see how the lines are for the Ducks and Minnie/Daisy later in the evening?

PS. I was having disboard withdrawal with it being down for a while. lol

I'm not going to the party tonight. Not sure if we will meet them either, not high on priority list for our party night.

Just wanted to point that there is very little (MK view side) to no snow (Tony’s view side) coming down in that area. While there is some residual snow from over the bakery if the wind blows right, it is nothing like the spots all along main st.
Wonder how long it will take for those spots along Main Street to be up for sale.

I'm kind of sad today. I had to cancel our Christmas trip due to some ongoing health issues and my daughter starting a new job. I love going this time of year and am super bummed that we will miss all the decorations, yummy food, MVMCP and my favorite, the candlelight processional. Thank goodness for YouTubers who go daily and share the magic. I will have to enjoy the Christmas magic virtually this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter