• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

During the fireworks, are Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain open? Seems like I read that one of them stops during the fireworks but can’t remember for sure. And is Splash open until then end of the party? Thanks!

They stopped Big Thunder for fireworks during our MNSSHP night on Aug 28. We were so disappointed! It's one of our favorite things to ride during fireworks on normal nights.

I just want to say to people worried about taking crowded buses late at night, stay! If you can. Now I realize many/most people can't do this for multiple reasons, but if you can do it, I'd recommend it.

Watch the midnight Hocus Pocus show and sit back and watch the people pour out. Relax, take some pictures and soak in the ambiance by the castle. Being in the nearly empty park after midnight with the Halloween loop of music running is our favourite part of the evening. :) No pressure to run for the bus at all.

We left two parties this year at about 1:25am. At that time, they ask you what resort you're staying at and direct you to a bus. No crowds. No traffic. :)

748FDF9A-510A-419E-840F-E40D508660A6.jpeg Just a heads up. Based on our location in the park (just exited Splash at 10:10) and the suggestion of others, we decided to stand on the bridge that would normally look towards the Liberty Bell paddle boat (absent for refurbishments) for the fireworks.

While the view was ok I would not choose to stand here again. The sound track was not played on the bridge, only on the ‘parade path’ near Pecos Bills, Country Bears, etc so it was quietly in the background rather than full sound. Also, due to the angle, the fireworks were split in 2 so disjointed. Some behind the castle and others further back. Found myself constantly moving my head back and forth to see them rather than looking in 1 general direction like I would in the hub.

It wasn’t a bad spot and last minute location still found us with front of viewing but there were some definite negatives also.

I didn’t take many pics as I wanted to watch the fireworks live but I snagged this one shot from a brief video I took that kinda shows the separation.748FDF9A-510A-419E-840F-E40D508660A6.jpeg

I just want to say to people worried about taking crowded buses late at night, stay! If you can. Now I realize many/most people can't do this for multiple reasons, but if you can do it, I'd recommend it.

Watch the midnight Hocus Pocus show and sit back and watch the people pour out. Relax, take some pictures and soak in the ambiance by the castle. Being in the nearly empty park after midnight with the Halloween loop of music running is our favourite part of the evening. :) No pressure to run for the bus at all.

We left two parties this year at about 1:25am. At that time, they ask you what resort you're staying at and direct you to a bus. No crowds. No traffic. :)

This is exactly my plan! We'll be tired the next day, but I just don't care. lol

I wanted to chime in and say I how much I love being one of the last people to leave the park. I was probably THE last person to leave a MVMCP last year and they had a bus there waiting. Don’t be afraid to take lots of pictures and take your time, they will have Transportation back to your resort!

I am attending MNSSHP on 9/9 with two other people. We bought the tickets all at once, so we have one email confirmation for the three of us. None of us have MagicBands, but I have reserved FastPasses for all of us between 4:00 and 6:00. The emailed confirmation instructs us to show the email plus the credit card used to make the purchase plus photo ID at the park entrance. Does that literally mean the entrance to MK, or does that mean the TTC, or is either one fine? Will they print out three separate paper tickets for us at that time? And, if so, will the paper tickets work without issue for entrance to the FastPass lines? Thank you in advance for your help!

That is a FABULOUS idea!!! We are going to sleep in Sunday morning before our party. We are going to the parks around lunch time. This is exactly what we are going to do! Love it!

I am attending MNSSHP on 9/9 with two other people. We bought the tickets all at once, so we have one email confirmation for the three of us. None of us have MagicBands, but I have reserved FastPasses for all of us between 4:00 and 6:00. The emailed confirmation instructs us to show the email plus the credit card used to make the purchase plus photo ID at the park entrance. Does that literally mean the entrance to MK, or does that mean the TTC, or is either one fine? Will they print out three separate paper tickets for us at that time? And, if so, will the paper tickets work without issue for entrance to the FastPass lines? Thank you in advance for your help!

I can tell you that when we went last year our oldest daughter bought her MNSSHP ticket separately from us. When we arrived at MK she went to the kiosk with her printed email and id. They gave her the ticket to the event in about 30 sec. Hope that helps.

This may be a dumb question. My party tickets are linked to my magic bands. When I enter at 4pm how do I ensure that he Halloween ticket is redeemed and not a regular park ticket?

Need advice. We have reservations for MNSSHP dessert party on 9/9. It has a 70% chance of rain that night. Should I cancel dessert party and just enjoy rest of party even with rain? My DD really wanted to go to dessert party during MNSSHP. I don't want to spend money if they cancel fireworks for that night. For info purposes we are going to 3 parties the week we are there.
As others have said... Your way too far out for the weather prediction to be accurate. Maybe the day before you'll have an idea of what to expect, but even then you won't really know until it's party time. A storm cell can be barreling down on the area and then just dissapate, or one can just pop up out of clear sky. You could be standing in a park with clear sky over you and see a storm going on a mile away. Fun Florida weather.

As others have said... Your way too far out for the weather prediction to be accurate. Maybe the day before you'll have an idea of what to expect, but even then you won't really know until it's party time. A storm cell can be barreling down on the area and then just dissapate, or one can just pop up out of clear sky. You could be standing in a park with clear sky over you and see a storm going on a mile away. Fun Florida weather.
Exactly!!

Last Tuesday we spent the morning mini golfing under bright sunny skies. We ate a late lunch then walked towards our room to get dressed for the party and we thought, leave 30 mins later. As we approached our building the clouds quickly came in and the rain started. What I anticipated being a typical 20 min FL thunderstorm was not to be. It stalled over us and we had heavy thunder, lightening and a huge amount of rain for iver 2 hours. None of this was forecasted when I checked the weather forecast just hours earlier. Only a typical
FL rain was forecast.

The thunder and lightening slowed just before 5:00 so even though the rain continued we headed out and had a great time!

All this to say, as others have said, FL weather can change on a dime so it’s best to not be concerned but just go with the flow.

We attended the 8/31 party & it was the highlight of our trip! We slept in & swam a bit in the morning as we’re not aft/evening park goers in August - too hot & we get cranky - so I wanted to conserve energy.

Here’s a breakdown of our night if it helps anyone plan. We decided to focus on characters since it was the end of our trip & we’d ridden everything already. I think the key is to decide beforehand what’s important to you & organize a “plan of attack.”

1:45 Arrived (APs/DVC)

2:25 Lunch at BoG
*the crossover crowds are the worst. It’s the hottest part of the day & the park is *packed* with party attendees incoming & day guests so we looked for A/C & quiet things to do*

3:15-4:40 Speedway, Philharmagic & Dumbo play area, party band pickup at Philharmagic

4:45-6:30 7D m&g (my boys stayed in the Dumbo tent) & DD & I took turns checking on them every 15 minutes as I was solo with the kids

6:40-7:30 Pooh & friends m&g
* we hit treat lines as we moved between m&gs

7:40-8:10 Lotso m&g

8:15-8:35 Stitch m&g

8:40-9:40 parade

9:45-10:15 online ordered & ate at Ray’s

10:20-10:40 Minnie m&g

10:40-10:50 Donald & Daisy m&g

10:50-11:00 Goofy m&g / barnstormer

11:15-11:30 Mickey m&g

11:40 hopped a boat back to BRV

We would definitely do a party again! We were super happy it didn’t rain as we would have had a different experience, but not even Disney can control the weather.

Last edited:
Question

We will be in attendance for the 9-11 party. We have park hoppers for our entire stay as well, family of 4.

I booked FP for family for the morning at MK. they will be done at 11:35 am. Was going back to room for rest before party.

My wife and daughter have ressie for Bibbiddi Boutique at 3:25 pm. Meanwhile I made FP on my party tickets for my son and I For splash mountain at 3:15

How do I use my party ticket FP that is not assigned to my magic band and before you can officially get your party band?? Just show hard ticket??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter