"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

You couldn't pay me enough to take the bus from and then back to all stars.

The bus will be packed. You might have to wait for multiple buses, and if you leave right after the fireworks you will be heading back to the "All star" with a thousand of your closest friends. And they will be close.

The bus will be packed. You might have to wait for multiple buses, and if you leave right after the fireworks you will be heading back to the "All star" with a thousand of your closest friends. And they will be close.

It's not bad when you're one of the last to leave for the evening! Then you share with All Stars and a couple others and the bus is still practically empty.

It's not bad when you're one of the last to leave for the evening! Then you share with All Stars and a couple others and the bus is still practically empty.
We always wait to leave until about 30 minutes after the park closes. We wander through shops and take pictures. By then the bus lines aren’t bad at all. We’ve never taken anything but the buses back to our resort.

Has anyone met with Mickey during the party and could tell me how the wait was and when you got in line? I'd like to possibly bring my son to meet him at the start of the party but he won't be able to wait in the line for hours. We met the dwarves last year at MVMCP and even though we were one of the first groups we waited a long time. Not going to try to do that again this year!

Has anyone met with Mickey during the party and could tell me how the wait was and when you got in line? I'd like to possibly bring my son to meet him at the start of the party but he won't be able to wait in the line for hours. We met the dwarves last year at MVMCP and even though we were one of the first groups we waited a long time. Not going to try to do that again this year!

We met Mickey during a party just before the first parade. Line was really short - we only had to wait for 1 other group. I'd guess it might be a bit longer at the start of the party but the wait time will show on the app so you can decide if you want to do it then.

Hey, I provided pictures of my fireworks shots with me ghosted out! And my magic shots with me cropped out.

The only character photos I did were Elvis Stitch, Gaston with Belle, Cinderella and Elena. My back was bothering me too much to stand in line.

I arrived after 6:00 so I missed the Bypass and any props which were there.

I would post my cupcake and pumpkin cheesecake but I took those pictures outside in the dark so you will find better ones online.

To confirm - the bypass with the cute photo ops and candy bags closes at 6 pm?

All the talk about "candy corn flavor" made me look to see what it really is considered to be by at least one of the candy corn manufacturers as I couldn't completely say it wasn't vanilla like and that some of the "taste" for me seems almost more based on the texture or sugar.

Here's what Jelly Belly (formerly known as Goelitz who's been making candy corn for over 100 years apparently) says:

"Candy Corn is a wonderful blend of creamy fondant, rich marshmallow and warm vanilla notes."

To me, marshmallow will have a vanilla tone, fondant can have a vanilla tone. So, Candy corn tastes a lot like vanilla! :earboy2:

Candy Cord M&Ms are pretty darn good. Better than Candy Corn.

Questions!
We will be staying at All star movies the night of our party. Will it be easier to take the bus that night to and from MK or drive ourselves?
Do the buses go straight to MK or the TTC? Long lines for buses after the party?
Also, we have to buy our tickets there (military) so can we do that at MK or do we have to do it at TTC?

Sorry so many questions! Thank you in advance!

I hear you! I attended the first party (8/17 - which ended up being sold out) and also stayed at All Star Movies. I was all freaked out thinking it would take hours to get back to the resort after the party and I had made up my mind that I would use Uber. I left the party about 11:30 and the crowds heading out were minimal. After so much walking that night, the walk to the Contemporary to catch an Uber looked a bazillion miles away, so I decided to chance it and take the bus back. The bus stops are at the park and depending on your bus, can be a bit of a walk - but not too bad at all. I was the 1st in line for All Star Movies bus. A short line formed behind me and a bus pulled up 6 minutes after I arrived. We waited about 5 minutes for more guests and were then on our way back to All Star Movies. The bus was not full nor did it make any stops at either of the other All Star resorts. I was back at the All Star Movies and in my room a little after midnight. It was awesome and I was thrilled at how painless it was. Have an amazing time!

Last edited:
re: popcorn buckets

I absolutely adore the 'poison cauldron' popcorn bucket, so I'm gonna need one of those. It's listed as $10.50 without popcorn and add $4.50 if you want popcorn in it. Then $1.75 for refills after that, right?

Why wouldn't you just buy the empty bucket for $10.50 then go get it refilled at another station for $1.75 instead of paying $4.50 for the first fill-up? Is there something I'm missing?!

To confirm - the bypass with the cute photo ops and candy bags closes at 6 pm?

My understanding is that the Bypass closes at 6:00 pm or shortly thereafter. It is there as a way to deal with MNSSHP guests who are arriving at the same time as regular guests. Since the park closes at 6:00, anyone arriving after 6:00 is just there for MNSSHP.

I arrived around 6:15 or 6:30 and there were cast members standing in random locations passing out wristbands after you went through the tapstiles or whatever they are called. Nobody said anything about the Bypass when we entered. I can't remember the exact time, but I do remember looking at the clock in the bus at 6:05 as we approached the bus drop off spot because I was talking with someone on the bus who was trying to make an ADR in the MK.

I’d take the bus in and then leaving maybe take a lyft to the hotel.

During the fireworks, are Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain open? Seems like I read that one of them stops during the fireworks but can’t remember for sure. And is Splash open until then end of the party? Thanks!

During the fireworks, are Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain open? Seems like I read that one of them stops during the fireworks but can’t remember for sure. And is Splash open until then end of the party? Thanks!
Can’t say for fireworks, but we rode splash twice after the 2nd parade. Got off of it at 12h05

I want a tire pumpkin. Does anyone have a picture? We are there in October.
66897-b1.jpg

Questions!
We will be staying at All star movies the night of our party. Will it be easier to take the bus that night to and from MK or drive ourselves?
Do the buses go straight to MK or the TTC? Long lines for buses after the party?
Also, we have to buy our tickets there (military) so can we do that at MK or do we have to do it at TTC?

Sorry so many questions! Thank you in advance!

We went last year to a sold out party night. We took the bus back to AOA. We left at 12 midnight. We were one of the last ones on the bus, and it was crowded. But it's 20 minutes. Not a big deal. But I don't mind riding the bus. Have a blast!!

We felt the candy corn milkshake had almost a hint of marshmallow taste to it. It was a fun treat to start our evening with and wait out some of the rain on Aug 28th. It was super sweet though and my dd and I only drank about 1/2 before tossing it. Not sorry we spent a snack crefitbon it but would not want to pay $8 for it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter