"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I am sorry if this was already asked, but I am new to this event, and I need help! I’d like to know how dining reservations are obtained for the night we attend the party? Is it a separate link or is the event ticket used? I asked a few CMs about the process, I was basically toldthat non guests of the event are still able to book dining for that evening...but that doesn’t sound right because it then takes away availiblity for guests that do have tickets. Can someone please clear this mystery up for me? Thanks in advance.

I am sorry if this was already asked, but I am new to this event, and I need help! I’d like to know how dining reservations are obtained for the night we attend the party? Is it a separate link or is the event ticket used? I asked a few CMs about the process, I was basically toldthat non guests of the event are still able to book dining for that evening...but that doesn’t sound right because it then takes away availiblity for guests that do have tickets. Can someone please clear this mystery up for me? Thanks in advance.

According to the MAIN page on Post #1 "2017 (Will Update When 2018 Details Released)" when is your ADR date?

Oh, a newbie!!! :welcome: to the DIS! :D

I asked again because no one answered me :( I'm kinda lost on this.
We're going October 16th - 3 Adults.
No driving (we are going to stay at Pop).

Our plan is to hit Magic Kingdom really early, then get back to the hotel after lunch to put on our costumes on and head back to MK.

Since you're going during October, stores like Wal-Mart and Target should have Halloween costumes.

Party City stores sell costumes. There are two in the Orlando area, but I don't know how far they are from your hotel:
https://stores.partycity.com/search?q=Orlando, FL, USA

There's another store called Spirit of Halloween. Where I live, they don't have permanent stores. They take over empty stores for a few months. I don't know if they usually have stores in the Orlando area.
https://stores.spirithalloween.com/

According to the MAIN page on Post #1 "2017 (Will Update When 2018 Details Released)" when is your ADR date?

Oh, a newbie!!! :welcome: to the DIS! :D
Thanks for the welcome, happy to be here! I checked out the main post, but still wasn’t sure. I don’t have an ADR, my confusion is how I can actually obtain one on the night of my event, which is in October. Are only guests with event tickets allowed access to these later ADRs? If so, how so? The CMs I spoke to were unsure and seemed to think that everyone could book these ADRs..even without a ticket to the event, only to be turned away when they arrived. Thanks.

Thanks for the welcome, happy to be here! I checked out the main post, but still wasn’t sure. I don’t have an ADR, my confusion is how I can actually obtain one on the night of my event, which is in October. Are only guests with event tickets allowed access to these later ADRs? If so, how so? Thanks.

Last year, they opened a special section on the website for people with MNSSHP tickets to go through in order to get ADRs for party nights. I don't remember when that was, though.

Last year, they opened a special section on the website for people with MNSSHP tickets to go through in order to get ADRs for party nights. I don't remember when that was, though.
Thanks so much, THAT makes total sense now! I noticed that in the main post there was mention of a separate link, but I wanted to be sure. I guess I will continue to stalk the website along with this post! Thanks so much Monique5 for the info, and also to everyone else that responded. SO excited to spend my favorite holiday at my favorite place.

Thanks for the welcome, happy to be here! I checked out the main post, but still wasn’t sure. I don’t have an ADR, my confusion is how I can actually obtain one on the night of my event, which is in October. Are only guests with event tickets allowed access to these later ADRs? If so, how so? The CMs I spoke to were unsure and seemed to think that everyone could book these ADRs..even without a ticket to the event, only to be turned away when they arrived. Thanks.

Sorry for not responding sooner, just taking care of business on a busy Friday night ;) @bethbuchall is correct this information has not been released at this time so we are still waiting to find out what Disney will do. In 2017 Disney created a special section for this thus the 'link'. IIRC in 2016 that did not exist, we were able to look & book freely.

EDIT: Well not "freely" Disney did put a time constraint for non party goers or something. :worried:

Last edited:
Sorry for not responding sooner, just taking care of business on a busy Friday night ;) @bethbuchall is correct this information has not been released at this time so we are still waiting to find out what Disney will do. In 2017 Disney created a special section for this thus the 'link'. IIRC in 2016 that did not exist, we were able to look & book freely.
Thanks so much for your time! How does Disney announce when they release these ADRs?

Last year we got a BOG reservation for during MVMCP after the party actually started through a special link. Will this be possible for MNSSHP and has the link been released yet?

Following as we are doing MNSSHP in Oct and would love to get BOG dinner reservations. No times are listed currently past 6pm.

I'm trying to figure the same thing out. On party dates, most TS like Be Our Guest and Cinderellas Royal Table only show lunch/breakfast. And if you call the WDW DINE phone number, they say the same thing, "sorry, it looks like they are currently not offering dinner service at the restaurants" Been trying to figure this out for a couple weeks now.

Following as we are doing MNSSHP in Oct and would love to get BOG dinner reservations. No times are listed currently past 6pm.

after digging around more, it looks like last year Disney Parks Blog announced TS dining had opened for the Halloween Party on June 21st (months after MNSSHP tickets went on sale, and only about 50 days prior to first party date). So we may just need to wait a couple more months.

I'm trying to figure the same thing out. On party dates, most TS like Be Our Guest and Cinderellas Royal Table only show lunch/breakfast. And if you call the WDW DINE phone number, they say the same thing, "sorry, it looks like they are currently not offering dinner service at the restaurants" Been trying to figure this out for a couple weeks now.
Did you get the answers you need from reading the replies or do you still have questions? Everyone here helped me tremendously, so I can try to clear up some confusion.

How do the allergy friendly treats work? I read that you get a special bag or coin at city hall to show to the stops to get safe choices, but it didn't really say where or how many allergy friendly stations there are. Does every trick or treat place have the safe candy, or just some? Are there just as many opportunies for allergy stops, or no? We have 1 child with nut allergies going with us and we are looking at the party but trying to decide whether or not to skip trick or treating. We don't want the experience to seem unfair to the child with allergies. I am hoping all stops have safe treat. Or can we do only do safe spots and have everyone trick or treat those stops (even if we don't have allergies) so it is the same amount of opportunity?

How do the allergy friendly treats work? I read that you get a special bag or coin at city hall to show to the stops to get safe choices, but it didn't really say where or how many allergy friendly stations there are. Does every trick or treat place have the safe candy, or just some? Are there just as many opportunies for allergy stops, or no? We have 1 child with nut allergies going with us and we are looking at the party but trying to decide whether or not to skip trick or treating. We don't want the experience to seem unfair to the child with allergies. I am hoping all stops have safe treat. Or can we do only do safe spots and have everyone trick or treat those stops (even if we don't have allergies) so it is the same amount of opportunity?
I have not done the allergy friendly trick or treating (My friend did last year), but it is not exactly the same. You can request a teal bag when you first enter, and as you go to the stations, you get teal coins rather than treats. You can accumulate multiple teal coins throughout the night from all the stops, and then you can redeem them all for treats at two locations (Liberty Square and the Town Square Theater). There you can see what treats are available and the ingredient list since its for all allergens, not just nuts.

More can be found here: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989841"]Post #7[/URL]

We’ll be there on 10/30, and are prepared for it to be insane, crowd-wise. Has anyone started costume planning yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter