"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Thanks all. The 2 dining credits probably starts @7/27....I just did a look and you cannot book dinner at BoG after that date. Hmmmmm.....we’ll see. Thanks again. But headed to the party no matter what! Time to start thinking of costumes for the 8 of us.
Booking opens tomorrow for the “enhanced” dining experience.

We are going to our first MNSSHP on September 16! (tentatively) We've never been to Disney in September and are excited to try our first party! What was the final consensus last year with FP before the party? Can you book them with a party ticket from 4-6ish? We aren't going to a park that day otherwise.
You used to be able to with no issue. Last year some people could, some people couldn’t, and some who could ended up having them cancelled later on. Time will tell how it works this year...

Magic Kingdom closes at 6:00 pm on 08/17/18 so people are guessing that might be the first party.
I read somewhere that the 17th was a private event. Not sure if that’s true, but just throwing it out there. I’ve also read they’re adding 3-4 additional parties this year.

Eeeeeeek!! I am SO EXCITED for this thread! We will be at Disney 9/1-9/14! This is the year we are doing a MNSSHP. However, my kids will be 7, 4 and 2. The party will be fun for them, right? I’m a little nervous but I’ve been wanting to do a party and so have my 2 oldest! I’m hoping for the Labor Day party. I know the crowds will lighten up after Labor day, so I’d want to take full advantage of park days haha!
My kids were 1, 3, and 5 for our first party and had a wonderful time! (So did I!)

Hoping the early August date rumors are true, if so we are going the 21st or 24th. I haven't been since 2015 and DH and our oldest haven't been since 2013 (they went to HHN in 2015 :\ ) Now to think of some HOT weather costumes!!

I am so excited to be attending our first MNSSHP this year! We are spending 5 days in the Disney parks. We bought 4 day tickets and using the MNSSHP ticket for 1 day, entering the park at 4:00 that day. How do we make sure our 4 day ticket isnt used when we show up for the party? Thanks!

@lvcourtneyy I'm bugging the Universal forum to get a HHN thread started, so hopefully they'll start one soon and you can come join me in speculating about houses and planning my trip :)

I'm not sure if I want to stay at an All Star resort again (free parking and it was a bit cheaper than Cabana Bay). Or if I want to do a Universal hotel, which would be a lot nicer to be able to walk or ride a boat to HHN.

ooh yes please that sounds excellent!

I'm not sure what to do about hotels this time. Since we're planning on being there anywhere from 14-18 days, I'm thinking some kind of a split stay might be in ordered. I was thinking of maybe a few days at Cabana Bay also. I also need to figure out how to book a rental car. When I plugged it into expedia for 2 weeks it came out to like $1200 or something insane!

For the folks from the 2017 thread: How did you do the resort hopping on Halloween? The one time I once tried to drive to a hotel without a reservation to go to a bar the security guard said nope and I never tried again. Were you able to pull it off on the 31st?

For the folks from the 2017 thread: How did you do the resort hopping on Halloween? The one time I once tried to drive to a hotel without a reservation to go to a bar the security guard said nope and I never tried again. Were you able to pull it off on the 31st?

There's lots of info about it in the 2017 thread. The only resort this year who caused problems for some was Old Key West.

Hi I looked throughout this thread and cant seem to find the possible August 2018 dates, does anyone know what they are?

I am so excited to be attending our first MNSSHP this year! We are spending 5 days in the Disney parks. We bought 4 day tickets and using the MNSSHP ticket for 1 day, entering the park at 4:00 that day. How do we make sure our 4 day ticket isnt used when we show up for the party? Thanks!
There will be a separate entrance for party goers. Enter there to ensure your party ticket entitlement is used. The main entrance will scan you as a day guest.

Hi I looked throughout this thread and cant seem to find the possible August 2018 dates, does anyone know what they are?

People have been speculating based on a 6pm MK closing that the August party dates will be:
Aug 17 (Although WDW site now says schedule unavailable when you check though "My Itinerary)
Aug 21
Aug 24
Aug 28
Aug 31

Whoohooo! This will be our family’s first visit to Disney World and planning to attend the party on the 11th October (assuming it’s like other years and runs most Thursdays).

Really hope Hocus Pocus show is still running as watched it multiple times on you tube and so want to see The Sanderson Sisters!

ooh yes please that sounds excellent!

I'm not sure what to do about hotels this time. Since we're planning on being there anywhere from 14-18 days, I'm thinking some kind of a split stay might be in ordered. I was thinking of maybe a few days at Cabana Bay also. I also need to figure out how to book a rental car. When I plugged it into expedia for 2 weeks it came out to like $1200 or something insane!

Rental car prices in Orlando have been insane for the past several years whenever I check them. Lately, if we have a car it is because we drove to WDW from home. I have no advice on that one because the prices are way, way higher than they used to be. I'm not sure what we'll do this trip.

PROs of a car:

-if you stay at a Disney hotel parking is free
-you can get where you need to be without rolling the dice for Disney buses
-you can get back and forth from Universal
-if you have a Universal AP (I do) parking at Universal parks is free

CONs of a car:

-expensive as hell if you rent from Orlando
-have to pay to park at a Universal hotel
-I don't have a Disney AP right now so if I stayed at a Universal hotel I'd have to pay for parking for MNSSHP or any other Disney event

Yay! I am so happy to see this thread :) DD10 and I plan on attending 3 parties (because it is our favorite thing that Disney does), and we are definitely interested in the Return to Sleepy Hollow event!

I am also keeping my fingers crossed that Club Villain makes an appearance at HS this year...that was so much fun!

The value and moderate resorts didn’t give any issues with parking. Deluxe resorts are hit or miss. I would count on using Disney transportation for them. We were able to park at the Poly when we said we were going to Trader Sams (which we were), but others were turned away. We were turned away at Fort Wilderness also.

Rental car prices in Orlando have been insane for the past several years whenever I check them. Lately, if we have a car it is because we drove to WDW from home. I have no advice on that one because the prices are way, way higher than they used to be. I'm not sure what we'll do this trip.

PROs of a car:

-if you stay at a Disney hotel parking is free
-you can get where you need to be without rolling the dice for Disney buses
-you can get back and forth from Universal
-if you have a Universal AP (I do) parking at Universal parks is free

CONs of a car:

-expensive as hell if you rent from Orlando
-have to pay to park at a Universal hotel
-I don't have a Disney AP right now so if I stayed at a Universal hotel I'd have to pay for parking for MNSSHP or any other Disney event

Last year we did a one-way car rental. We rented here in NY and returned it at the airport on our last day and flew home and it was super cheap. We paid $78 to have the car for 9 days. I wouldn’t mind driving my own car but I lease so I’m hesistant about putting so many miles on it.

All other meet and greets can take a hike, these guys are the best in any of the parks!

1OLTnt4.jpg
I loved the video that came with the MM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter