"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Excited to jump on this thread. I haven't been to MNSSHP in a few years so I'm beyond excited to get to go again. It will also be my boyfriends first time so now he will finally get to see what all the hype is about!

I'm wondering...is the party "worth it" if there is zero interest in character meets? It seems as though so many people post about rare characters but none of us are into meet&greets. Subjective question, I know but does anyone else go and just skip all the characters?

It's worth it to me. I'm really not interested in meeting characters or riding rides. I just love the fireworks, parades (I'm going to the both the parades this year), shows and ambiance. I love Halloween. It's fun to just hang out, people watch and get some candy. My husband loves to do the magic shots.

We’ll be attending our first ever WDW Halloween party this year (we’ve attended several at Disneyland) and we’re so excited! I’ve only been to WDW in August. Could anyone tell me how the weather compares at the end of October, particularly the humidity.

We’ll be attending our first ever WDW Halloween party this year (we’ve attended several at Disneyland) and we’re so excited! I’ve only been to WDW in August. Could anyone tell me how the weather compares at the end of October, particularly the humidity.

I think the weather can be very different year to year. We went one October and it was actually a little chilly. Went the next year and it was very hot.

Thank you for starting this thread we are all very excited for this. I actually had plans for UO in August but when I heard the rumor of an early party, I changed my plans. I am wishing forAugust 21:worship::tinker:

We're planning on the Aug 28 party (if they have one). The last time we went to MNSSHP was 2015 and it was pretty much rained out, so it will be like our first time.

I'm thinking of doing a Haunted Mansion themed costume, and have my ears picked out on Etsy but don't know where to go from there. My plan was more Disney bounding than actual costume, any and all ideas are welcome!!
I am planning on Pop resort, I think we may cross paths!

Super excited for my first Halloween party! We plan on going in early October. My family did the Christmas party in December and loved it, so this year will be Halloween! My family hopes to meet Jack & Sally, Winnie the Pooh and friends, Cruella de Vil, Goofy, Tarzan and friends, and Jafar. We don't care much about rides or TOT. We just want to meet the exclusive characters and see the special shows.

We’ll be there the first week of September, just have to decide between the rumored Monday or Thursday parties!

Same as us. KtP shows a Monday and Thursday party. We are hoping for a Labor Day party to go to!

Halloween is evil! It's full of demons and ghost and zombies and blood and gore and Mickey and Minnie and I can't wait to go back to this party! We did 2 last year. We may go for 3 this time! (Just kidding about the evil part):P :Do_O

Yay! Super excited--we're going for the first time this year. Planning on Sunday Sept 16th...can't wait for the dates to officially be released. The only characters we're interested in are Tarzan and Jane, so mostly excited for rides and the parade/fireworks. Not sure if we'll do costumes...maybe just wear our matching "I Love You" "I Know" Han Solo/Princess Leia t shirts.

Good plan. That is kind of what I did last year and it was the best Halloween ever. One MNSSHP, the headless horseman event, WDW resort character hunt on Halloween night, then got the multi day pass for HHN for about $110 and was able to attend 4 parties.

Just curious- do you remember what the pass was you bought for HHN? I'm thinking we may want to buy one of the multi day passes this year since we plan on being there longer

For those asking if the party is worth it if your not interested in meet and greets, I say it is worth it. I have no interest in meet and greets either. Now I do hope to see Cruella, 7 dwarfs so I can just take a pic as I walk by, Ive never seen 7 dwarfs and its been years since I saw Cruella.

We"ve done two parties, 2010,2014 so apparently we have a trend of doing it every 4 yrs..lol

Looking at the historical dates we plan on going to MNSSHP on Sept 9 th. We check into VGF that morning and plan on just hanging around the resort relaxing, swimming and then get changed for the party, get there around 4, have dinner at LTT and enjoy the rides, trick or treating, the parade and fireworks.

Its funny bc I have never cared for the parades or I should say day time parades always loved the night time ones with all the lights but the Boo To YOu parade is my favorite!!

Anxiously waiting to get our tickets...lol

I think the weather can be very different year to year. We went one October and it was actually a little chilly. Went the next year and it was very hot.

I went end of October last year. The first couple of days it was so chilly that my friend borrowed my sweater and Pocahontas actually met in her winter outfit. Fast forward to 4 days later and the heat and humidity were almost killing us.

Yeeeeeees! I'm so excited!
We're planning to try to attend the party this year! Hope everything goes right as planned :worship:

Eeeeeeek!! I am SO EXCITED for this thread! We will be at Disney 9/1-9/14! This is the year we are doing a MNSSHP. However, my kids will be 7, 4 and 2. The party will be fun for them, right? I’m a little nervous but I’ve been wanting to do a party and so have my 2 oldest! I’m hoping for the Labor Day party. I know the crowds will lighten up after Labor day, so I’d want to take full advantage of park days haha!

I O!

Just curious- do you remember what the pass was you bought for HHN? I'm thinking we may want to buy one of the multi day passes this year since we plan on being there longer

This is what I had in my notes:

Frequent Fear Pass $92 (if you want Fridays too it is $107): Oct 1, 4, 5, 8, 11, 12…29, 30, 31, Nov 3

I did have an AP discount. We ended up going 4 nights, which was fantastic because we didn't have to worry about staying the whole time. I will say one thing though, doing a stay and scream lets you get a lot more done. According to people who go every year, our dates were much more crowded than previous years so that kind of sucked. But a stay and scream means you have a day ticket or AP to Universal, and you get a head start on those waiting to get into the gates because you can stay in the park if you are in there before a certain time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter