"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I just read that touringplans page on the ranking of the Halloween parties as far as crowd levels. It listed what parties last year sold out, which many towards the bottom of the list did. I have a dumb question and sorry if it has been discussed but this is a very long thread so haven't read all of it, but my question is how can one sold out party be worse than another? Do they significantly increase the number of tickets sold towards the end of October incrementally? I know it has been speculated that they set the level of what they would sell higher for the earliest parties but do they typically do this for the October parties also? Just wondering why a October 31st party would be more crowded than a 28th party and why that would be more crowded than Oct 14th, etc.. if they all are sold out?

A little confused by the bolded statement since only two parties sold out in 2017 - October 14 and October 31 - info that is listed on the touring plans least crowded blog post. Previous years had more sell outs, but they raised prices and, it is speculated, increased the number of tickets available.

I don’t think the sell out point is fluid. At least. I have never read any theory to that effect.

For pooh sized people Torrid has a Tinkerbell dress. Its got some weight to it. Its comfortable but would be warmer with all the skirt layers.

Also have a maleficent dress that is a soft silky material. And they are selling maleficent ears right now at the parks. Both are true to size.

Thought i would share since i can't stand the cheap costume materials....

We are considering going to the party on Sunday 9/16. We usually go the first week of October (except for the one Matthew cancelled). Should I expect slightly lower crowds for the 9/16 party?

Our only other option would be for a mid to late October party, and I know it will get busier. So is there any reason that I shouldn't go for 9/16?

We are considering going to the party on Sunday 9/16. We usually go the first week of October (except for the one Matthew cancelled). Should I expect slightly lower crowds for the 9/16 party?

Our only other option would be for a mid to late October party, and I know it will get busier. So is there any reason that I shouldn't go for 9/16?

Yes the parties in September are usually less crowded and Sunday is typically better than Friday. Have a great party!!

Recently I had to sign up for a training class for work and the local one was fully booked, so my manager told me I could pick any of the other locations later in the year. Found one in Lake Mary, Fl and it was the most convenient dates so I signed up. Then I realized that it was at the same time as my friend was already going on a trip to Disney World, and I would be arriving the day that her family was going to MNSSHP! So I decided to be a super smart person and buy a ticket for the party! Wish me luck at my class the next morning on maybe 4-5 hours of sleep! I'm beyond excited as I haven't been to a Halloween party since 2008 and I LOVE Hocus Pocus and Halloween is my favorite holiday. I also really want to meet Jack and Sally. So happy right now!

Omg 24 hours?
Yes. We checked them in at the RAC desk at 8:00am on the 21st and finally landed at our home airport after 9:00am on the 22nd. We spent the night at JFK because our flight was cancelled. I was wishing that I had stashed a bit of the chocolate in my carry on. :crazy:

Last edited:
Yes. We checking them in at the RAC desk at 8:00am on the 21st and finally landed at our home airport after 9:00am on the 22nd. We spent the night at JFK because our flight was cancelled. I was wishing that I had stashed a bit of the chocolate in my carry on. :crazy:
Awwweee that bites....i hate when they cancel a flight at the end of the night and you get stuck.....and without any chocolate. That's roughing it lol

Recently I had to sign up for a training class for work and the local one was fully booked, so my manager told me I could pick any of the other locations later in the year. Found one in Lake Mary, Fl and it was the most convenient dates so I signed up. Then I realized that it was at the same time as my friend was already going on a trip to Disney World, and I would be arriving the day that her family was going to MNSSHP! So I decided to be a super smart person and buy a ticket for the party! Wish me luck at my class the next morning on maybe 4-5 hours of sleep! I'm beyond excited as I haven't been to a Halloween party since 2008 and I LOVE Hocus Pocus and Halloween is my favorite holiday. I also really want to meet Jack and Sally. So happy right now!

Those work classes are great for naps. Enjoy the party.

So is there any reason that I shouldn't go for 9/16?

Well, other than the potential of Hurricane Florence? You might want to wait until early next week to buy tickets when her track becomes a little clearer.

But we will be there on the 16th (hopefully).

The stepsisters were just out by the castle with a line and photopass photographer. Signing autographs also. For those who can't get them during the party. Line was very short just now. Crowds have been super low all week actually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter