• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

Zombies are like money, you can never have enough!

Appears 23 days since first house announcement. Perhaps we can expect another ‘go round mid May?

House appears to V2.0 of original house (which I can’t place) during Bloody Mary’s year as icon - 2008.

Carole - great pics

I think I remember that house in 08......but it’s vague..........my stand out house that year was Reflections of Fear itself and loved the Dark Reflections scare zone.....that was spooky!!!

Love zombies. LOVE them. Love the theme.

However....I HATE total blackouts, (its a claustrophobia thing), and I hate strobe lights, I find them very disorienting and they give me headache. :-( I'm hoping to hear reports back from people going before me that this house isn't pitch blackness while its still light outside, maybe if it is I will do this first.

I hate strobe lights too. And the total darkness thing isn’t my thing either........we’ll be there opening night and will hopefully see this then or the second night.......

In some past years, signage will be up to warn strobe lights in the house, if they do have them

Can someone that saw the original Dead Exposure elaborate on the total darkness? How does the conga line stay on path? Friends/family might keep physical contact while walking, but strangers might not. Were there extended periods of total darkness? It seems like the line would break up and slow down. Just curious.

And to the poster above that pointed out this house takes place in the 1980s, it is indeed interesting that Stranger Things also is set in the 1980s. Some of the rumored houses make sense if there is an overall theme of 80s horror this year. I'm down with it!

Can someone that saw the original Dead Exposure elaborate on the total darkness? How does the conga line stay on path? Friends/family might keep physical contact while walking, but strangers might not. Were there extended periods of total darkness? It seems like the line would break up and slow down. Just curious.

And to the poster above that pointed out this house takes place in the 1980s, it is indeed interesting that Stranger Things also is set in the 1980s. Some of the rumored houses make sense if there is an overall theme of 80s horror this year. I'm down with it!

I`m pretty sure I grabbed Metro West a lot in that house......I`m sure we went through that one together with him........if it wasn't I grabbed a total stranger a lot!!! I don't think it was total darkness throughout the house......

Any house we`ve done over the years that has had total darkness, It did affect the line slightly......I know I`ve been disoriented in some. TM`s do an amazing job though of keeping everyone moving.

I think a 1980`s theme is cool!!!!

Hello guys!
I'm new here!

It's gonna be our 4th time in Orlando (first time in October), we've never been to HHN before!
We're 3 adults and I would like to know how the mazes and the scary zones work.

Here's the deal:
my fiancé is CRAZY about horror things and LOVE this universe.
our friend also love terror/horror universe and like these things.
about me... I'm just TERRIFIED of those things lol I love horror movies and things like that but I'm really scared haha :confused3

We had this type of event here in São Paulo at the extinguished Playcenter that was called "Noites do Terror" (Terror Nights) and we still have this at the Hopi Hari Park called "Hora do Horror" (Horror Hour). I went 2 times at the "Noites do Terror" and a single time at the "Hora do Horror" and it was REALLY scary I was terrified all the time at the mazes lol.

My question here is: do the actors can TOUCH you? do they can hold us or make something more aggresive like keep us inside the maze agains our will?
I know it sounds bizarre to ask that but I've heard so many things about HHN even some police cases of actors assault or something like that... I was very afraid lol
Here in Sao Paulo during these events at the mazes the rules are clear: "they do NOT touch you and you CANNOT touch them" simple like that.
at HHN the rules are the same?
People enter in group lines at the mazes like here or enter as much as they wish?

big thanks in advance and sorry for my english. :)

Our family loves Halloween too, but I am a big chicken for most Haunted Houses.

What I like the most about HHN, is the size of the Houses. I always see security in the houses, many US employees and sometimes the ceiling. You enter the Houses like conga line, it's a continuous line. The Haunted Houses in my area, they break you up into groups so they can reset the scares.

I love the conga line aspect of the Houses. DH does not, he does not want to see the scares. The scareactors can not touch you and you can not touch them. I have never been touched by a scareactor at HHN. I have been accidentally brushed by a zombie in a Scare Zone, but it was pure accident and very little contact. I have a local house that the actors can't touch you but they did impede our exit. None of the HHN houses are like that, they have to get people in and keep going and get out.

The Scare Zones, are theme decorated areas around the park. Some past theme's are aliens, scary clowns with chains saws, Horror Night Icons, zombies and the Purge characters. Some are really well done and some are weird.

I am a big chicken, but I love HHN. The people watching is fantastic! They have great food and drinks. The details are incredible.

We always get a non-private RIP tour on the 1st night and then an Express Pass for the other two nights. I do not like to wait in line, so the Express Pass is totally worth it!!

@heidijanesmith ohh, thanks for your reply! It made me feel way much better! lol
I was so scared! I'm excited to experience that! :)
Here in São Paulo the local houses I've mentioned they also break into groups to reset the scares. Glad HHN is not like that because the flow is faster right?
big thanks now I'm more calm lol :)

@heidijanesmith ohh, thanks for your reply! It made me feel way much better! lol
I was so scared! I'm excited to experience that! :)
Here in São Paulo the local houses I've mentioned they also break into groups to reset the scares. Glad HHN is not like that because the flow is faster right?
big thanks now I'm more calm lol :)

That's great!!

HHN houses very much want people in and out as quickly as possible, the queue lines can be very long! You can see the employees moving people along if they think the line is moving too slow.

Enjoy the night, it's so much fun. If you can swing it, try and go a couple nights. We try for 3 nights. It's hard to see and enjoy everything in one night, but I would take one night over none!

Once the parks get crowded in the HHN period, house lines will continuously be one long conga line.

Not much pulsing the lines at all

That's great!!

HHN houses very much want people in and out as quickly as possible, the queue lines can be very long! You can see the employees moving people along if they think the line is moving too slow.

Enjoy the night, it's so much fun. If you can swing it, try and go a couple nights. We try for 3 nights. It's hard to see and enjoy everything in one night, but I would take one night over none!
Yes, we gonna try to do 2 nights! :)
I'm so excited and scared at the same time lol
How long lines can be? all the houses have long lines or just the popular ones?

I think I like the conga line better than separate groups. At home, our haunted houses only let in a group at a time and my sons say that is much scarier as the ghouls can follow you! No one wants to be last in line!!
Yes!!! I totally agree! I always kept pushing desperate to not be the last in our group line! it's terryfying lol

Yes!!! I totally agree! I always kept pushing desperate to not be the last in our group line! it's terryfying lol

Being first in the line is scary.....
Being last in the line, you can see when others ahead of you are freaked out by the SA

I'd rather be at the end than the beginning of the house lines
To be last in the line, you have someone in front of you to grab.

Being first in the line is scary.....
Being last in the line, you can see when others ahead of you are freaked out by the SA

I'd rather be at the end than the beginning of the house lines
To be last in the line, you have someone in front of you to grab.
here in Sao Paulo the groups are very far between one and other, so been the last is like only YOU and ALL THE ACTORS! this is INSANE I would faint lol :lol:

I wish the lines for HHN were like those in Sao Paulo!

It is a constant line through the houses at UO for hhn...

Not much space in between the peeps in the house lines.

As crowds build, no space in between any groups in the houses.
You will think you are related to everyone and not just with your friends or group you are doing the houses with.

Yes, we gonna try to do 2 nights! :)
I'm so excited and scared at the same time lol
How long lines can be? all the houses have long lines or just the popular ones?

The regular standby lines can get to 2+ hours. The express pass lines are usually half the regular line or (much) less. I don't think we've ever waited in express more than 45 minutes, and that was rare. Our experience has been no more than 15-20 minutes in express lines for the most part.

All house lines will be long at various times throughout the night. The more popular houses will have long lines most of the night. If you don't have express pass (or RIP tour), you should consider taking advantage of Stay and Scream (be in the park before it closes for HHN) and get a head start on the popular houses early.

On the Stay and Scream, if we enter the park like 4:15ish(with a regular ticket), we are good, right? As long as we are in before they start showing people out at 5, correct? We will be coming over from WDW our first day and first night of HHN sobantedbto amie sure that would work

On the Stay and Scream, if we enter the park like 4:15ish(with a regular ticket), we are good, right? As long as we are in before they start showing people out at 5, correct? We will be coming over from WDW our first day and first night of HHN sobantedbto amie sure that would work

Correct. You need to be there early enough to still get inside. Then they will start ushering people out around 5:00, which at that time you need to get to a designated Stay and Scream location (if you are not already camped there). Historically, these locations have been: Finnegans, Springfield, Hello Kitty, and Diagon Alley (am I forgetting anything?). We don't yet know which locations will be used this year. You will be asked to show your HHN ticket to stay in the designated locations, and you will get a wrist band to confirm you are a ticket holder. Have fun!

Last edited:
If you already have your day park ticket, even 4:30 entrance is fine

For those that plan to buy the park ticket at the parks, don’t wait until
4:45 to do so.

Buy day park tickets in advance

So who thinks one of the other IP houses will be the new IT? It's set in the 80s and came out too late last year to be a house. However, if it has to involve Stephen King, then that could be an issue. We are watching it right now, so the thought came up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter