"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going October 23-30, but I'm SERIOUSLY considering changing our dates for this. I just don't know if it's worth it. We loved DAH on March 1, but we would have to change plane tickets, contact the travel agent, change ADR's, and attempt to change our MNSSHP ticket that we already bought.

DH says no....I say DAH is always worth it lol. Can't decide what to do.

I am so excited that they are offering this in the summer. We are planning on going June 30th after a morning at DHS for Toy Story Land opening. I’m thinking that we can just relax in the afternoon before DAH. Can someone tell me if the resort monorail is running at the end of the night? We are staying at GF and the monorail would be the easiest way to get back to the room.

The first rule of Disney is past performance is not indicative of future results. BUT, for prior DAH events monorail transportation has ended at normal times, which means it is NOT running at the end of the event. It is buses only and some in a non-traditional sharing seteup (eg, the MK resorts have usually shared a bus).

TBD what they do with these summer dates, but it could be similar.

Do the DAH nights sell out? If so, how quickly?

The table on Post 1 shows the sell-out dates for the winter 2018 events that sold out. But I think those patterns could be out the window for these summer dates, especially the Saturday ones. TBD of course! :-)

I bought for June 28. We'll be in Orlando anyway, but we're not checking into MK until July 2. So it'll be like a split stay or something like that, but I really wanted to see what this is like. And since our MK day is July 3, maybe we'll be able to get our ride fix at DAH and not have to stress quite as much on the 3rd.

Obvious Disney problems. One of these dates falls on my arrival day. Do I want to start off the trip with a super late night? :confused3 Heart says yes, head says no.

Agree PP, decisions decisions....

Yep, this is me too. We have a PPO the next morning that I don't want to change. But it is our MK day and it would otherwise be a lot less stressful.

Oh yes they did....oh yes, they did...

Yes to this. I had decided EMM wasn't worth it, but this might be. But why can't they just be open later! It's the summer. It is a bit frustrating

Would love to hear opinions from people that have done both DAH and MNSSHP. We are currently scheduled for a Halloween party, but think that DAH might be more fun for our family...

Thanks in advance!

Would love to hear opinions from people that have done both DAH and MNSSHP. We are currently scheduled for a Halloween party, but think that DAH might be more fun for our family...

Thanks in advance!

What is the make up of your group? I think yourger kids will love trick or treating & dressing up. The Halloween party has special parade & fireworks along with character meet & greets. DAH has none of that. It is all about rides. To me, two totally different experiences. I couldn't recommend one over the other. Just depends on what your family would enjoy more.

Got my ticket for July 9, but when I went into MDE to link it, it says it's for February 9,2017?? Anyone else having issues with the wrong date showing? I called ticketing and spoke to a CM who confirmed that the ticket is for July 9, but I'm afraid to link it. If I print out the confirmation email and take it with me, will I be able to use that to just get a hard ticket? I have an AP, so really no need to link to MDE.

We are going to be in Orlando for a few days for a non-Disney trip in July. We have family in the area and were just planning on spending a few days visiting. Then Disney had to go and add DAH. I did DAH in March with my DS7 and DS13, and this trip my DH and DD18 will be with us too. It took me exactly one hour after hearing about DAH to book a one night resort stay for 7/21 before we check into the house we rented beginning 7/22. We go to Disney enough that we are really not willing to wait in line for anything, and never spend more than a half day at a park. This event is perfect for our family of night owls.

I am so excited that they are offering this in the summer. We are planning on going June 30th after a morning at DHS for Toy Story Land opening. I’m thinking that we can just relax in the afternoon before DAH. Can someone tell me if the resort monorail is running at the end of the night? We are staying at GF and the monorail would be the easiest way to get back to the room.

When we went in Feb monorail was not running they had busses going to all Disney Resorts

Tried to book tonight but according to the CM, the system was done and they couldn't get in to make the purchase. Hopefully it's back up--we want to book for 9/20! Gonna be a long day (we have a tour at the MK in the morning), but I think it'll be a fantastic, relaxing way to spend our last day at the Magic Kingdom. :)

I apologize if this has already been asked. Does anyone have thoughts about why Saturday August 18 and Saturday August 25 are being skipped for this event? I'm bummed, of course, because this is the week of my trip. But, I'm mostly curious about why Disney has elected to not have the event on these dates.

So excited! Going to be a great way to end our first anniversary on 7/21! Bought my tickets last night!

Always great when the CM is just as excited as you are :)

I am sooo bummed. I have been wanting to do this and it has never worked out when we have trips planned.
We are going in August this summer, they add summer dates, but skip the entire week I am there. (August 13th week) :sad2: Why Disney, why do you hate me. :badpc:

The first rule of Disney is past performance is not indicative of future results. BUT, for prior DAH events monorail transportation has ended at normal times, which means it is NOT running at the end of the event. It is buses only and some in a non-traditional sharing seteup (eg, the MK resorts have usually shared a bus).

TBD what they do with these summer dates, but it could be similar.

This is very helpful info. I usually drive to all parks, but no sense being at TTC if I can't get a monorail there afterward so I will plan to take a bus from my resort for this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter