OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

We are there on Christmas Eve and plans are to do fantasmic but I am not so sure now..
Oh, is this because of your large party? Maybe try calling again and see what is the best way to guarantee seats together? Maybe a reservation at opening time of the restaurant? I planned this for Christmas Day. I’m planning to reserve Blue Bayou F package tomorrow.

Oh, is this because of your large party? Maybe try calling again and see what is the best way to guarantee seats together? Maybe a reservation at opening time of the restaurant? I planned this for Christmas Day. I’m planning to reserve Blue Bayou F package tomorrow.
Yes I wanted something more christmasy or special for that night so i was kinda of thinking of BB might be special enough but not if we can't sit together. We are fine with doing HB fantasmic. My family is planning to close down the park that day. I will have to call and see my options and read all the reviews on here. RB not sure on the premium view, HB is simple and BB food not sure if the kids would like.

I usually have this all planned but i had hope that something with WoC would happen and now that I know it won't I am double guessing my self. All I want is the last night there to be fun.

Yes I wanted something more christmasy or special for that night so i was kinda of thinking of BB might be special enough but not if we can't sit together. We are fine with doing HB fantasmic. My family is planning to close down the park that day. I will have to call and see my options and read all the reviews on here. RB not sure on the premium view, HB is simple and BB food not sure if the kids would like.

I usually have this all planned but i had hope that something with WoC would happen and now that I know it won't I am double guessing my self. All I want is the last night there to be fun.
Same here, I was holding Xmas Eve in hopes WOC will be back. I wanted to do the dessert party if ever! I think watching F together is special and fun for the last night! If food is more appealing in HB for everyone, then it should work nicely! :)

Okay not really disney related but I want to share.

I set a goal for myself that before this upcoming trip for my 30th birthday that I would lose some weight.

I hit my pre Disney goal today! Goodbye 60lbs!
That is wonderful! Congratulations!

Would anyone help me with a non Disney and non Christmas related random question please?

Does anyone know if stores still stock the Febreeze Harvest Pumpkin sprays past Halloween? Like into the beginning of December? It’s so sad but I am desperate for this spray and we don’t get it in the UK so I’m hoping to pick some up on my trip. Thank you so much!

I'm really bummed about the nighttime entertainment cancellations. Part of why we're going is we kept hearing how awesome they all were. Is there any hope for something else cool to be offered for night entertainment in late November? Can anyone make me feel better about never having seen any of it (PTN, WOC, the fireworks that had the Coco scene) and likely never getting to? It's a long expensive flight and I'm feeling sad. :(

I'm really bummed about the nighttime entertainment cancellations. Part of why we're going is we kept hearing how awesome they all were. Is there any hope for something else cool to be offered for night entertainment in late November? Can anyone make me feel better about never having seen any of it (PTN, WOC, the fireworks that had the Coco scene) and likely never getting to? It's a long expensive flight and I'm feeling sad. :(
I’m feeling the same about our early December trip. It’s my first time back in 13 years and not one of the nighttime entertainment options I’ve been told are absolutely essential and the best of any park in the world are showing at all. Not even Fantasmic is showing. I mean, I’ll still have fun otherwise but I’m really, really disappointed that we get nothing at all, especially during a time that is classically touted as “it’ll be busy but worth it because you’ll get late hours and all the nighttime shows.”

Yeah I'm pretty sad about the lack of nighttime entertainment in DCA too. This is my first trip to DL in 6 years (having been very lucky to have done WDW, DLP, TDR and SDL in between) and I was really looking forward to the shows that are at DL and not at the other resorts like WoC and PTN (think PTN might also be in HKDL but I haven't been there for even longer). Fantasmic will be good and is at least is running for a few nights of my trip, but I've seen Fantasmic multiple times at DHS whereas I can't see WoC anywhere else on the planet... The only saving grace is that the Remember Dreams Come True fireworks will be running every night of my trip.

But for me a trip to DL is still a trip to DL, and there will hopefully be lots of other things to occupy my time when I'm there. Like all the rides, seeing the lighting of the castle, the Christmas decorations and Christmas trees, Disney merchandise shopping, trying out all the Disney food. So still looking forward to it a lot!

The lack of night entertainment at DCA is a hard pill to swallow. I do think Disney was in a tough spot.

I’m sure the have had the festival of the holidays stuff planned months and months ahead ahead of time, including the people planning to work the booths. And PTN planning to end befor the holidays thus the performers having other commitments when WOC suffered major damage.

The longer the wait is the more it’s becoming apparent that the damage or whatever to WOC is extreme. If they could run it they absolutely would because they make big bucks on the dinning packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter