OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

I am taking my three kids December 9-15. 5 days in the parks. This is a special memorial trip to celebrate my husband and their dad who passed away in 2013. We went every year that the kids were young so looking forward to this trip to do all his favorite things. This will be our first time going at Christmas. Staying a new hotel to us. Fairfield.

I’ve heard they sell out really quickly so it’s a rope drop for us next trip as we missed out last time - all for a donut :rotfl:
I heard the same thing!! I’m actually wondering if it’s open during early entry! DH and DS can go for rides while I line up for this! :rotfl2:

Does anyone here know what time the donut cart opens in front of the castle? I absolutely want to try that pineapple donut! :rotfl:
I didn’t know about this!! It’s on our list now to add more chaos to ripe drop!!:drinking:

I am taking my three kids December 9-15. 5 days in the parks. This is a special memorial trip to celebrate my husband and their dad who passed away in 2013. We went every year that the kids were young so looking forward to this trip to do all his favorite things. This will be our first time going at Christmas. Staying a new hotel to us. Fairfield.
Awww...that’s going to be such a sweet trip! I’m so sorry for your loss...but hope you can have a magical time celebrating his memory and making so wonderful new ones! :lovestruc

We’re only doing 1 day in Disneyland so I might just buy 1 MP and cam always buy a second one if we need it, right? I’m off to look into that thread to understand MP better! Thank you!

this is probably a stupid question...how many days in advance can I book dining reservations? Our trip starts on December 21...thanks in advance

We’re going that Saturday, the opening weekend of the Christmas decorations!! It’ll definitely be crowded...
Can you give me some MP advice? There’ll be 7 of us, 5 adults and 2 babies (2 and 11months). I’m leaning towards buying 1 MP so we can get the photos...but now I’m thinking maybe we could buy 2 and use the baby swap? Do you think that would work? Or would it be worth it to get all 5? I’m thinking all the FP DL rides wouldn’t work for the babies..right? I’m trying to decide...I’d really appreciate advice! :)
With our kids they were too impatient to rider swap. We preferred having maxpass for all.

We initially were going to get MP for just one day when we went in August but found it so great we used all 4 days for our group of 5. Some things I learned:

• When you book a FP it will tell you when you can next have a pass. Pay attention. I noticed the morning if day 2 I was actually able to get a pass about every 30 minutes for a while. I haven't figured out why exactly but I am sure there is a reason. I
  • Set an alarm on your phone for the time you can get another FP.
  • Take a screen shot of your photopass code and send to others who aren't using app. That way if they have pictures taken, they can just present the screen shot and the photo will be saved to the account. I read a suggestion about saving that as well as your lock screen to simplify access but I found it annoying as I had to turn off my lock screen overlays like my clock.
  • Other in the group who don't have app can write down their ride photo numbers or take pictures of the number so you can add the ride photo number to the account later if your group splits.
  • If you have one person managing MP but want to split, simply take screen shots of the FP the other group will use and send them the screen shot. Works just like the scanning from the app.
You got them sooner because the time you could use the first FP wasn't very far away.

You got them sooner because the time you could use the first FP wasn't very far away.

My thoughts but it didnt seem to jive with all the return windows. I am sure it was all logical per the system I just know had I not been paying attention to the app and when it told me i could get a new FP I would have waited until after using my first FP or 90 minutes, which ever was less, to get a FP. Had I done so I would have missed out on quite a few FP that day.

My thoughts but it didnt seem to jive with all the return windows. I am sure it was all logical per the system I just know had I not been paying attention to the app and when it told me i could get a new FP I would have waited until after using my first FP or 90 minutes, which ever was less, to get a FP. Had I done so I would have missed out on quite a few FP that day.
You can get your next one at the first time available to use your first fast pass, after you use it, or after 90 minutes—whichever is first.

this is probably a stupid question...how many days in advance can I book dining reservations? Our trip starts on December 21...thanks in advance

Just for future reference it's generally 60 days out, but reservations aren't always loaded at the 60 day mark. Sometimes you have to wait an extra few days for them to load the reservations into the system.

I tried making a reservation for Storytellers brunch but it wouldn't let me online so i called and they said I had to fill out a form for large party. And that they would get back to me with times they had available an it would take up to one week.

Apparently BB and RB do the same thing. They said for those two they could not guarantee us sitting together or at the same time. So i will stick with HB for fantasmic.

Does anyone know when December 24 reservations will open? I expected them to be available today, but no luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter