OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

We did the non-alcoholic version as we both had to drive.

It was a good chocolate chip cookie, even a bit moist. I was a bit concerned it may be too dry due to having to soak up the liquid, but that's why they added the chocolate covering inside. Didn't think about that before.

I had the chocolate milk, my friend the normal milk. We both thought it was a genius idea and a perfect little dessert - probably even more so if you go for the real shot version.
Thanks for the review!! I’ll definitelu try out the non alcoholic version with my 4 year old then maybe sneak an alcoholic one when he’s napping :hyper:

Thanks for your report! Were people required to sit? If someone chose to sit on one of the benches and they took the ropes down, wouldn't their view potentially be blocked at the last minute?

I don't know that everyone was required to sit, but everyone WAS sitting. There was a TON of open room. Perhaps if it had been more crowded they would have asked people to stand?

I know we were able to sit for our PTN parade reservations (at WCT in both April and October), but the gal sitting next to me for the Christmas Parade said that they were recently forced to stand for that

I'm not sure what you're envisioning that the people on the benches would have their view blocked once the ropes were removed.

I don't know that everyone was required to sit, but everyone WAS sitting. There was a TON of open room. Perhaps if it had been more crowded they would have asked people to stand?

I know we were able to sit for our PTN parade reservations (at WCT in both April and October), but the gal sitting next to me for the Christmas Parade said that they were recently forced to stand for that

I'm not sure what you're envisioning that the people on the benches would have their view blocked once the ropes were removed.
I was picturing the viewing section like the photos in this review:

https://disneylanddaily.com/pixar-play-parade-dining-package-plaza-inn/

The parade package must not be very popular or lots of people dropped their reservation. I can’t believe There are still a bunch of openings for it thanksgiving weekend.

I’m still debating it. I don’t have it booked. I dunno it’s really the food that keeping me from it. If they would led people substitute the turkey for chicken I would do it.
Just did this package last night. I was able to ask for and get chicken instead of the turkey. Food was just so-so. We really enjoyed the parade viewing though. Our section was not crowded. Plenty of room. Maybe 2 rows of people sitting at curb. Others in benches. No one standing. Would do it again, especially with how busy the parks were yesterday.

Just to clarify, I ordered the turkey at the register but asked the guy at the serving counter if I could get chicken instead. All the other sides were the same. It seemed like no big deal to him.

Last edited:
Just did this package last night. I was able to ask for and get chicken instead of the turkey. Food was just so-so. We really enjoyed the parade viewing though. Our section was not crowded. Plenty of room. Maybe 2 rows of people sitting at curb. Others in benches. No one standing. Would do it again, especially with how busy the parks were yesterday.

How far in advance did you get to the viewing area to claim your spots?

How far in advance did you get to the viewing area to claim your spots?
They gave a return time of 5:30-6:00. We got there at 5:30. My husband stayed with our spot and kids and I went to bathroom and got snacks. We were right on curb. The people behind us walked in about 5 minutes before the parade and had literally our same view

I know that when they did the Aladdin's Oasis parade viewing package, it didn't matter if an adult purchased the child package. Anyone brave enough to ask about this for the new package? My teenage daughter is more of a grazer, and I'll buy her the adult package if I need to but would love it if they'd let her just get the kid package.

We did the package on Monday instead of Saturday. Similar to what others have said, not many signs directing but all cast members at Plaza Inn knew where to direct us. We ate around 4pm, hit Space at 5:15 then got to the viewing area around 5:40. We got a spot on the curb for the kids (3 kids) and my husband and I sat in back of them. Some couples stood which is fine as long as you aren't standing in front of the benches. Most everyone was on the curb with a few people in the "second row" and then benches full. One thing I will say, complaint wise, is that the cast members aren't very strict when policing the area (granted there was only 1 CM) and many times people would just walk by and sit on the curb. We, as in the guests, had to let people know it was reserved. Very frustrating when, at 5:59, groups would literally run up to the curb and try to push my kids to squeeze to make room for their family of 6. Once we told the cast members, they asked them to leave but I can see it be frustrating if you'd paid for that option to arrive for reserved seating and see a group taking up prime space who didn't have access to the area. I highly recommend the package, my kids loved it and my son swooned when Elsa waved at him directly.
Regarding the food, my 11 year old got the kids pasta. Tons of food too. My husband and I said we could have ordered different entree's and shared (choices of chopped salad, fried turkey, and pasta). I have pics that I will post later of the check in location, food, menu, and viewing location.

I am
Crawling out of my skin with excitement! 1 day to go! We will be at Disneyland by 2pm Friday! There is nothing else left to do expect enjoy thanksgiving. House is clean, things are packed and my nerves are out of control!

Safe travels! We leave on Sunday and I’m beyond excited too!!! I’m a bit worried about traffic on Sunday. Hopefully there will more people coming back from California rather than going there!

Has anyone done the PCH Christmas dinner? They said characters will be there. Does anyone one know which characters? is food menu different?

Has anyone done the PCH Christmas dinner? They said characters will be there. Does anyone one know which characters? is food menu different?
We did PCH Christmas dinner two years ago. Same characters as usual there, but they all wore their Christmas outfits. It was festive and fun, but wasn't exactly unique in any way.

We did PCH Christmas dinner two years ago. Same characters as usual there, but they all wore their Christmas outfits. It was festive and fun, but wasn't exactly unique in any way.
Thanks. Which usual characters? the ones at the PCH breakfast? Stitch? DD would like to see stitch. I wanted Goofys for Christmas Eve dinner but there is no more reservations. We have Storytellers, PCH, and Fantastic booked just not sure which one for Christmas Eve dinner.

Thanks. Which usual characters? the ones at the PCH breakfast? Stitch? DD would like to see stitch. I wanted Goofys for Christmas Eve dinner but there is no more reservations. We have Storytellers, PCH, and Fantastic booked just not sure which one for Christmas Eve dinner.
Currently, Donald, Daisy, Sitch and Minnie meet at PCH. This is the only place Stitch is scheduled to be at in Disneyland. Sometimes he meets at the VISA meet and greet in California Adventure. Goofy's kitchen normally has 6 characters. Goofy, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Pluto and sometimes Mickey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter