OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

Wow, thats a long wait for Starbucks! I really hope White Water Snacks is open in December just for choices.

that 4th picture is crazy... was that on Sunday?

Sorry i meant to put in a sentence about the 4th picture. That was actually the fireworks crowds for Friday night, before it was announced that the fireworks were cancelled due to winds. (Which I pretty much expected with how windy Friday was.)

Oh one other thing I forgot to mention in my previous post, we stayed at the Grand Legacy for the first time and we thought it was an ok motel. Not my first choice, but I would stay here again if the price was right. We had a room on the second floor at the very back of the property so we didn't hear any music/noise from the "nightclub/bar." The room itself was pretty spacious, but had an odd layout to me since i'm used to most motels having the sink/counter outside of the bathroom area. The shower/tub was very narrow, but the water pressure in the shower was fabulous though. The "snack bag" they give you in the mornings was just ok. It consisted of some really stale cheese crackers, a red apple, a single nature valley granola bar, and a bottle of water. The first day we really just grabbed the bags for the water, the second day we asked if we could just take 2 waters instead of the whole bag. We never made it to the pool/hot tub so I can't comment on that. The little convenience store outside of the lobby (next to Jimboys) stays open till midnight. The convenience store at the Tropicana stays open till 1am.

Sorry i meant to put in a sentence about the 4th picture. That was actually the fireworks crowds for Friday night, before it was announced that the fireworks were cancelled due to winds. (Which I pretty much expected with how windy Friday was.)
Hah! So I know I’m waiting for 3 hours before fireworks on the weekend before Christmas :rotfl:

Hey all- found a review of the parade package.

Glad we’ve decided not to do it.

https://disneyparkstravel.com/2018/11/14/christmas-fantasy-dining-package/
This bums me out a little. I’d really hoped for good way to view the parade without having to wait for so long. DD won’t be able to handle anything more than 30ish minutes of waiting and I’ll be solo with her in the park on Monday. I’m going to keep my reservation for a few more days and see if it was first day glitches.

If it doesn’t improve I’ll cancel and we’ll try for the parade mid week when it’s less busy and DH can help me tag team a spot save.

This bums me out a little. I’d really hoped for good way to view the parade without having to wait for so long. DD won’t be able to handle anything more than 30ish minutes of waiting and I’ll be solo with her in the park on Monday. I’m going to keep my reservation for a few more days and see if it was first day glitches.

If it doesn’t improve I’ll cancel and we’ll try for the parade mid week when it’s less busy and DH can help me tag team a spot save.

We did the Christmas parade last year on December 28th. The park was at capacity. We found a spot on the curb in front of carnation cafe by the fire hydrant about 1.5 hours before. Hubby saved the spot while my son and I went and did splash mountain and then we got ice cream and pretzels.

We did the Christmas parade last year on December 28th. The park was at capacity. We found a spot on the curb in front of carnation cafe by the fire hydrant about 1.5 hours before. Hubby saved the spot while my son and I went and did splash mountain and then we got ice cream and pretzels.
I’m bummed n hoped that it wouldn’t take so long for the wait. My reservation is for 4pm so I was hoping we’d eat and go wait a little... good to
Know it’s doable during capacity days though. I was hoping to do this n fireworks.

If anyone does the Holiday Tour this year, can you share your review? It seems 2016 and 2017 were very different, so historical data isn't very helpful. I'm curious about the potential for ride inclusions and seated parade viewing in 2018.

That food looks fabulous but I can’t justify that cost especially since my DD won’t eat the food anyway

I have a question about parade viewing. I want to watch the parade come down Main Street toward me from right in front of the Christmas tree in Town Square. I tried last year but was told by CMs in that area that those spots aren't available for viewing. Turns out last minute Photopass left the area and the spots opened up closer toward parade time. Anybody know what time that happens? I'm thinking maybe 20 minutes prior to parade time or so? I'd like to hover in that area this time and try to get a spot there.

Next question. I believe the parade goes Small World to Town Square first parade of the day and Town Square back to Small World for the second viewing. Is this always the case? Does it ever vary?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter