OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

It's gridlock. We have been there a couple times seeing Fantasmic on CP night. Very hard to get around. Last year we made a dash across the park for one last Small World ride. It was crazy trying to get back to NOS.
Yikes nevermind then. :scared:lol I’ll go next weekend instead

Just wanted to check in with another quick review of the Plaza Inn Parade Package.

The good:

The food was pretty good. I had the fried turkey and DD had the kids penne pasta. We both got Mac n cheese sides. It was all tasty.

The seating. It was great. We sat curbside in front of refreshment corner. The parade came down main street towards the castle. 6pm showing. It was all lit up and beautiful and DD commented more than once how great it was.

The bad: Check in is still confusing. And people who bought the packages still seem to not understand how they work which really backs up the line. A lady in front of us was trying to use some food discount card. Not allowed on these packages. It took us 15 minutes just to pay. Then the parties in front of us were large with only one person filling plates. It took a long time. Meanwhile the regular service counters had no customers and pleanty of CMs.

I am torn on if we’d do it again. The seats were great. Not sure they were $70 for two people great.

Last edited:
Just wanted to check in with another quick review of the Plaza Inn Parade Package.

The good:

The food was pretty good. I had the fried turkey and DD had the kids penne pasta. We both got Mac n cheese sides. It was all taste.

The seating. It was great. We sat curbside in front of refreshment corner. The parade came down main street towards the castle. 6pm showing. It was all lit up and beautiful and DD commented more than once how great it was.

The bad: Check is still confusing. And people who bought the packages still seem to not understand how they work which really backs up the line. A lady in front of us was trying to use some food discount card. Not allowed on these packages. It took us 15 minutes just to pay. The. The parties in front of us were large with only one person filling plates. It took a long time. Meanwhile the regular service counters had no customers and pleanty of CMs.

I am torn on if we’d do it again. The seats were great. Not sure they were $70 for two people great.
Thanks for this. We have it booked for tomorrow and I was on the fence but have decided to keep it.

It's gridlock. We have been there a couple times seeing Fantasmic on CP night. Very hard to get around. Last year we made a dash across the park for one last Small World ride. It was crazy trying to get back to NOS.

Interesting - last year I saw Fantasmic on a CP night (Sunday) and don't remember having any issues.

For the festival we had:
Ruben tater tots
Hot chocolate macaroon
Pork bellyx2
Queso
Pot roast roll
Frozen s’mores hot chocolate
Turkey and stuffing tamale
Pineapple fruit punch

They were All so good.

Other snacks:
Had the sugar plum churro
Dole whip
Garlic cheddar twist
Ice cream sundae
Frozen bananas
Turkey leg
Chillie lime corn
The parfait from adorable snowman
Cookie from Jak jak’s
Holiday Carmel Apple
Grey stuff
Red raspberry macaroon from jolly holiday

For the festival we had:
Ruben tater tots
Hot chocolate macaroon
Pork bellyx2
Queso
Pot roast roll
Pineapple fruit punch

They were All so good.

Other snacks:
Dole whip
Garlic cheddar twist
Ice cream sundae
Frozen bananas
Turkey leg
Chillie lime corn
Cookie from Jak jak’s
Holiday Carmel Apple
Grey stuff

Haha we ate a lot!

For the festival we had:
Ruben tater tots
Hot chocolate macaroon
Pork bellyx2
Queso
Pot roast roll
Pineapple fruit punch

They were All so good.

Other snacks:
Dole whip
Garlic cheddar twist
Ice cream sundae
Frozen bananas
Turkey leg
Chillie lime corn
Cookie from Jak jak’s
Holiday Carmel Apple
Grey stuff
My dream list!! Lol! Sounds like everything was great! How was the sugar plum churros? I seem to see mixed reviews about that one. Oh and how was the parfait from the adorable snowman too? I’m so excited! I hope it’s not too cold for ice cream in December.

The parfait was one of my favorite things! It had a line tho.. but it was worth the wait.

I like the sugar plum churro. It was like a raspberry sprinkle on it.

The parfait was one of my favorite things! It had a line tho.. but it was worth the wait.

I like the sugar plum churro. It was like a raspberry sprinkle on it.
Nice! I need to have that parfait, no matter what the weather! Lol! So happy you had a great trip and thanks for reporting back all the yummy goodness to be had there! :)

A couple of quick comments on our experience on November 9th.

Not too crowded. We had no problems all day getting FP's via Max Pass. We wanted to ride IASW early via FP, and twice had our FP's of that ride converted to Anytime FP's, as the ride was down at least twice early in the day. We eventually rode around 11:30 AM.

For the parade, we entered DL (hopping over from DCA) at 5 PM. Main Street was not crowded, and we dropped our blanket on the curb in front of town hall with no problem. I stayed there while DW took DS & DD to the silhouette shop on Main Street. By the time the parade started, it was crowded, and we rolled up our blanket closer so it was only at the curb for us to sit on, and others could stand behind us.

Fireworks were canceled last minute due to winds (Fantasmic had been canceled the night before, but was able to run on this night.) We only had waited 40 minutes, but it was very disappointing. They re-ran the Castle Lighting show instead (and which we had already seen).

We are sitting in the airport waiting for our long 11 hour flight to Vegas. Thanks so much for the chat and tips on this thread and wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season and fantastic trips for those still to go.
Have a fantastic trip and a wonderful holiday!!!

We had a good trip despite crowds and dealing with a lot of ride closures. Tuesday was rough but Wednesday was sprinkled with Pixie Dust here and there. I hope everyone else has a magical trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!