OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

They've made a plush of the Snowy Car. It's the same size as the Scary Car plush from HalloweenTime. I only saw them at the shops in Carsland.
20181111_090427_zpskq4qyd19.jpg

OK, this is something else that you've posted about that's going to have to come home with me (the other is the Mickey snowman bottle topper)!

I'm not sure what you mean by "liquid"? There wasn't really any liquid on the HalloweenTime ones either, except the chocolate drizzle, which was replaced with a green glaze drizzle this time around.

It was difficult for Tyler and I to figure out. At first we thought it was ice cream that had melted. But the more we thought about it and tasted it, the consistency was similar to icing that had been melted down. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it to reference.

Interesting, I didn't have anything quite like that on the ones that I ordered. The description said there was supposed to be cream cheese, but I didn't really notice any cream cheese flavor and I could see it being something that would melt when put on top of the hot funnel cake fries. The current holiday ones do not have anything like that (at least not that I noticed).

I forgot to mention, but for those that were wondering, the garland across Main Street was not yet in place over the weekend. I'm wondering if it might stay down until after they finish the Christmas parade filming (so they can get aerial shots of the parade coming down Main Street without the garland blocking the view).

I forgot to mention, but for those that were wondering, the garland across Main Street was not yet in place over the weekend. I'm wondering if it might stay down until after they finish the Christmas parade filming (so they can get aerial shots of the parade coming down Main Street without the garland blocking the view).
Didn't think about that! I love the garland over Main Street.

My DH LOVES eggnog so he's pretty excited about that drink. For those that have tried it is it really boozy or just a hint of booze?

I was really looking forward to trying the "chickenless" mole, but saw some pics of it on Instagram and it looked wayyyy dry and overcooked. Anyone try that?

Oohh I was wondering if they just cut that off the budget this year but that makes more sense! I hope they do put it up!!

My DH LOVES eggnog so he's pretty excited about that drink. For those that have tried it is it really boozy or just a hint of booze?

I was really looking forward to trying the "chickenless" mole, but saw some pics of it on Instagram and it looked wayyyy dry and overcooked. Anyone try that?
I thought the eggnog drink was really boozy. It's rum, whiskey, and bourbon, with eggnog, whipped creme on top and nutmeg sprinkled.

Do you know when they are filming?

ETA: Everything I can find said 11/7-11/18, but subject to change.

Last edited:

It’s boozy and delicious! I really enjoyed both the ones I had. ;)

I was wondering if they were going to put it up after taping like they did last year- here’s to hoping!! I love thy garland!

Got everything crossed for the garland. It was exciting last year to see the wire go up across Main Street and see it was coming back for the first time in a couple of years. I can try to look back over my posts and find the date we realised it was happening!

Got everything crossed for the garland. It was exciting last year to see the wire go up across Main Street and see it was coming back for the first time in a couple of years. I can try to look back over my posts and find the date we realised it was happening!
2017 internet says wires were spotted on Nov 16th and they were up on Nov 17th.

I'm now back from our Christmas in Disneyland weekend. We were in the parks for about an hour on Thursday night, all day Friday, all day Saturday, and part of the day on Sunday. I have to agree with @figment_jii that Sunday was by far worse than Saturday crowd wise. Friday was the best day crowd wise out of the days we were there. We rode pretty much everything we wanted to ride, a few of them twice. Saturday we also got quite a bit done, but Sunday we only rode 3 things due to a handful of different issues. Both Friday and Saturday we took a break from the parks mid-day (1ish-4ish). I didn't try as many of the holiday foods as I wanted too, mainly because they were all desserts and I just couldn't eat that many sweets. We did try the gingerbread churro (I thought it was ok, hubby hated it), the yule log from plaza inn (I thought it was supposed to be mint chip but the one we grabbed wasn't), and the pumpkin cheesecake from boardwalk pizza and pasta (really yummy!).

On Friday when they lit up the castle we noticed that there was a section of lights out on one of the turrets (really disney??), but they seemed to be fixed by Saturday. This was also the first time we've seen the pixar pier area and I absolutely LOVED Incredicoaster. I think the theme is much better than screamin.

I will give a warning to those of you who want to mobile-order from the DTD Starbucks...we mobile-ordered after we finally got through security on Sunday (this took about 30 mins) and the app said it would be 9-12 mins....well 45 minutes later we finally had our drinks. I wish I was exaggerating on the wait time. I was about to cancel my order when they called my name. (Sunday was also my birthday and this was just a really crappy way to start the day.)

I know there are other things I wanted to mention in this post, but my brains a little foggy from being sick yesterday. I'll attach some of the pics I took.

Attachments

• Castle.jpg
    Castle.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 38
  • Cheesecake.jpg
    Cheesecake.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Churro.jpg
    Churro.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Fireworks crowds.jpg
    Fireworks crowds.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Small World.jpg
    Small World.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Tree main street.jpg
    Tree main street.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Wall-E DCA.jpg
    Wall-E DCA.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Yule log.jpg
    Yule log.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Tree DCA 2.JPG
    Tree DCA 2.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 41
  • WorldofDisney2.JPG
    WorldofDisney2.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 40
I'm now back from our Christmas in Disneyland weekend. We were in the parks for about an hour on Thursday night, all day Friday, all day Saturday, and part of the day on Sunday. I have to agree with @figment_jii that Sunday was by far worse than Saturday crowd wise. Friday was the best day crowd wise out of the days we were there. We rode pretty much everything we wanted to ride, a few of them twice. Saturday we also got quite a bit done, but Sunday we only rode 3 things due to a handful of different issues. Both Friday and Saturday we took a break from the parks mid-day (1ish-4ish). I didn't try as many of the holiday foods as I wanted too, mainly because they were all desserts and I just couldn't eat that many sweets. We did try the gingerbread churro (I thought it was ok, hubby hated it), the yule log from plaza inn (I thought it was supposed to be mint chip but the one we grabbed wasn't), and the pumpkin cheesecake from boardwalk pizza and pasta (really yummy!).

On Friday when they lit up the castle we noticed that there was a section of lights out on one of the turrets (really disney??), but they seemed to be fixed by Saturday. This was also the first time we've seen the pixar pier area and I absolutely LOVED Incredicoaster. I think the theme is much better than screamin.

I will give a warning to those of you who want to mobile-order from the DTD Starbucks...we mobile-ordered after we finally got through security on Sunday (this took about 30 mins) and the app said it would be 9-12 mins....well 45 minutes later we finally had our drinks. I wish I was exaggerating on the wait time. I was about to cancel my order when they called my name. (Sunday was also my birthday and this was just a really crappy way to start the day.)

I know there are other things I wanted to mention in this post, but my brains a little foggy from being sick yesterday. I'll attach some of the pics I took.
That's terrible! What time did you go through security?

I mobile ordered from DTD Starbucks on Saturday morning. Although it didn't take me 45 minutes (that's insane), it did take about 20 minutes. Normally it's much faster, even on busy days. Not sure what was going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter