OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

We are at 9/10 days away. Holy cow. After almost a year of waiting since we booked it becoming so real. I’m starting to freak out a bit. Like I know I’ve forgotten something, or maybe I’ve worked this up so much in my head that it can’t possibly be good enough. Which I know isn’t true! I know all my worries will melt the second we touch foot in the park.

We are at 9/10 days away. Holy cow. After almost a year of waiting since we booked it becoming so real. I’m starting to freak out a bit. Like I know I’ve forgotten something, or maybe I’ve worked this up so much in my head that it can’t possibly be good enough. Which I know isn’t true! I know all my worries will melt the second we touch foot in the park.

I’m feeling the exact same way!

Is it busier Dec 26-30 or Jan 2-6? Thinking of going... Haven't been during the holidays for awhile. I remember they used to open up the AP dates the first week of January and see now that they no longer do that.
Thanks for any advice.

Is it busier Dec 26-30 or Jan 2-6? Thinking of going... Haven't been furidu the holuholi for awhile. I remember they used to open up the AP dates the first week of January and see now that they no longer do that.
Thanks for any advice.

26-30 most certainly.

There is a Disney Holiday special on Hulu right now in case anyone wants to see some behind the scenes decorating.

Just back from DL on Saturday! The Christmas decorations are even more beautiful than I remember from last Christmas visit! The fireworks were magical and Small World was spectacular! You’re all going to have an amazing
time!! I’m so sad it’s over :(.

Kind of gutted that Mickey’s 90th birthday treats are only around on his actual birthday weekend. I need that sipper so badly!

It’s actually kind of good though they are making a fuss of the actual birthday date though and not dragging all the treats out for months, not like Disney to miss a revenue income stream!

A few photos from my trip over the weekend!

They had a wide variety of rice cripsie treat designs (Oogie Boogie and Maleficent, Gingerbread Mickey and Minnie, Santa Mickey, and Reindeer). The Reindeer were very cute!
20181111_155836_zpsuxvc5zgi.jpg

They've made a plush of the Snowy Car. It's the same size as the Scary Car plush from HalloweenTime. I only saw them at the shops in Carsland.
20181111_090427_zpskq4qyd19.jpg

Tried a couple of the different holiday drink offerings.
Chocolate Peppermint Shake from Flo's was pretty to look at, but pretty basic in flavor. It was a chocolate shake with only a hint of peppermint. I would probably not order this again (unless I wanted a chocolate shake).
20181109_123434_zps9gjhw00u.jpg

Frozen Abuelita® Hot Chocolate (Frozen Mexican Hot Chocolate with Chocolate Sauce, topped with Whipped Cream and crushed Candy Canes). It was an interesting drink; it did taste like hot chocolate, but was frozen. The cinnamon flavor was pretty pronounced and the candy canes didn't really add anything. It was interesting, but I probably wouldn't order this again either.
20181110_121618_zpswbhyiwa9.jpg

Stocking Stuffer Funnel Cake Fries (Churro Funnel Cake Fries topped with Peppermint Icing, Crushed Chocolate Cream Cookies, Candy-coated Chocolates, Crushed Peppermint, and Whipped Topping). These were so good! Yum!!! I would definitely get these again.
20181111_114252_zps53gzptu0.jpg

They had a wide variety of rice cripsie treat designs (Oogie Boogie and Maleficent, Gingerbread Mickey and Minnie, Santa Mickey, and Reindeer). The Reindeer were very cute!

They've made a plush of the Snowy Car. It's the same size as the Scary Car plush from HalloweenTime. I only saw them at the shops in Carsland.

Chocolate Peppermint Shake from Flo's was pretty to look at, but pretty basic in flavor. It was a chocolate shake with only a hint of peppermint. I would probably not order this again (unless I wanted a chocolate shake).

Frozen Abuelita® Hot Chocolate (Frozen Mexican Hot Chocolate with Chocolate Sauce, topped with Whipped Cream and crushed Candy Canes). It was an interesting drink; it did taste like hot chocolate, but was frozen. The cinnamon flavor was pretty pronounced and the candy canes didn't really add anything. It was interesting, but I probably wouldn't order this again either.

Stocking Stuffer Funnel Cake Fries (Churro Funnel Cake Fries topped with Peppermint Icing, Crushed Chocolate Cream Cookies, Candy-coated Chocolates, Crushed Peppermint, and Whipped Topping). These were so good! Yum!!! I would definitely get these again.

Thank you so much for the update!

That plush has gone right to the top of my want list - I LOVE Snowy!

Ahhh!! I love that reindeer and the snowy car! Definitely something I can get for my lil one! :) thanks so much for the reviews!! Can’t wait to see more reports! I’m so excited!!

This looks similar to the cookies and cream one they had during the Halloween season. I was on a DIS Patreon video where myself and Tyler Crouch tried the cookies and cream item. Surprisingly it was really good. It was sweet, but definitely great to share. The only difference here, besides the flavors, is that there doesn't appear to be any other "liquid" besides the whipped cream. Definitely something I will consider trying next month when I am there for the Holidays.

This looks similar to the cookies and cream one they had during the Halloween season. I was on a DIS Patreon video where myself and Tyler Crouch tried the cookies and cream item. Surprisingly it was really good. It was sweet, but definitely great to share. The only difference here, besides the flavors, is that there doesn't appear to be any other "liquid" besides the whipped cream. Definitely something I will consider trying next month when I am there for the Holidays.
I'm not sure what you mean by "liquid"? There wasn't really any liquid on the HalloweenTime ones either, except the chocolate drizzle, which was replaced with a green glaze drizzle this time around.

Does anyone know if the gumbo is completely gone from Cafe Orleans now? I know around this time last year it was removed from the menu and replaced with a seasonal soup which turned out to be the gumbo anyway! Has it changed again or is it still gumbo? Thanks
It's still the Corn Chowder that they debuted for HalloweenTime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts