"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ive nailed down all the pieces for my costume!

Its Jungle cruise skipper/safari guide !!

23uv50o.jpg

The adult costumes are all bought, I just have to put mine together! (Going as Jack, Sally and Zero.)

I got this dress:
View attachment 233218

And I'm pairing it with leggings that are Sally-Flesh colored. They're ankle length, so I plan to cut off the last 6-8 inches since it'll be HOT, and then sew those to the armholes of the dress, because I don't like wearing sleeveless. Then I'll draw stitches on to the "flesh" with a sharpie, and on my face with liquid eyeliner. I'm debating doing my hair red(der) for the party.

DH is wearing a Jack tux tee-shirt and black shorts. He'll get the eyeliner treatment on his face, too.

DD8 is going to wear a white satin cape, white shirt, black shorts, and a red choker. I'm going to try to make Zero ears she can clip into her hair, because she won't wear a headband. I'll draw a pumpkin on her nose.

That style Crocs flips never hurt my feet. The ones with the plastic thong are uncomfortable (Crocs Athens style), but not 70s/80s cheap plastic flip flops painful. The Athens style also falls off my feet. I'm not a fan. I love the Crocs Capri, which those Mickey ones look like.

I did something similar last year. I was very weary of leggings because it was HOT and I was at the DL party which should have been cooler. I was sweating off my stitches in no time. The red hair was VERY hard to wash all the way out. I washed my hair 3 times that night and there was still red on my pillowcase the next morning
IMG_0338.JPG MHPfamily.1.jpg

I did something similar last year. I was very weary of leggings because it was HOT and I was at the DL party which should have been cooler. I was sweating off my stitches in no time. The red hair was VERY hard to wash all the way out. I washed my hair 3 times that night and there was still red on my pillowcase the next morning
We're going in September, so I expect it will be hot and humid. I'll probably plan to take my stitches off at some point. My hair is naturally auburn, so I might just leave it, and do some spray in color for fun.

Hi all!

Out of 8/29 and 9/1, which do you think will be less crowded?

These 2 dates fall when I go and want to pick the less crowded one. Or do you think that are both the same? Thanks!

Hi all!

Out of 8/29 and 9/1, which do you think will be less crowded?

These 2 dates fall when I go and want to pick the less crowded one. Or do you think that are both the same? Thanks!

I'm thinking August might be really crowded considering people who generally vacation at that time never get a chance to attend a MNSSHP and since it will now be an option they may jump on the chance .

Would it be too risky to wait until party day to buy tickets? (Sept 10 party) Planning a short trip for the party,but if it's pouring, I know my kids would be miserable.

Would it be too risky to wait until party day to buy tickets? (Sept 10 party) Planning a short trip for the party,but if it's pouring, I know my kids would be miserable.
Nothing is guaranteed, but you'd probably be safe. As @FoxC63 posted a few posts back, the only September party to sell out was 9/25 and it sold out the day of.

When are they going to makes the tickets available?!!! I know there is no answer for that, it's just so frustrating. We always have to wait in anticipation for everything to be announced. Why not say here are the dates, and here are the ticket prices and when you can purchase them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter