"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are they going to makes the tickets available?!!! I know there is no answer for that, it's just so frustrating. We always have to wait in anticipation for everything to be announced. Why not say here are the dates, and here are the ticket prices and when you can purchase them?
TA newsletter said beginning of May. Prices will be released at the same time the sale date is announced - which will be a few days prior (at least that's how it's been in the past).

Of these possible dates (Oct. 26, 27, 29, 31 and Nov 2) which three do you think would be the least crowded?

I scrolled through to see if anyone had answered this specifically, and didn't see one, so if this is a repeat of info, just ignore it :-):-)

There are booths located on the Boardwalk, near Space Mtn, by Primeval Whirl, and by the Imagination Pavilion...there's probably one at DHS but we haven't noticed it!

You go in and take the picture as usual, picking your border/theme/etc, and instead of buying the print, you use the touch screen to pick the "download to Memory Maker" option. You not only get the photostrip digitally added to your MM, you get each individual photo from the strip added.
You do not have to buy the printed photo to get the pictures added to your account, just fyi!

All instructions are pretty easy to follow (on a touch screen).

I hope that helps! We love the photobooths and won't be passing them up ever again :-):-)

Thank you for that, I'm to add these to my to do list.

We got 3 group photos then one alone of my son with Doc
View attachment 233073

Such a great costume.

I did spot these just now:
http://www.hottopic.com/search?q=disney+dresses

https://www.macys.com/shop/featured/disney-dresses

Though I'm sure there are plenty of places. I googled "Disney Dresses".

I love these dresses but I'd need to try them on. I'm different sizes in different places and Hot Topic junior women's sizes still loose me because their conversion to UK does not make sense.

I think I have my second costume "narrowed down" :rotfl2:to:-
Rey (Star Wars The Force Awakens)
Princess Leia
Belle and her yellow dress
Rapunzel with brunette hair - my local Disney Store has Pascal.
Woody - I wanted his dress up outfit as a kid so badly.
Or Rocket from Guardians - I just googled the female costume ideas and that looks fun and cute.

I think I will have short hair again for my trip so I may have to get creative with clip in hair extensions for Belle/Star Wars ladies. I can find some really cool dresses on Etsy but its going to cost so much for a simple t-shirt dress. £40 + £18 P&P and the risk of import tax :scared1:

@Bex258
Love Etsy!!! So many creative people on the site, I could spend hours looking at it all.

And I really like your ideas too. They all sound very comfortable - good on you!

Last edited:
I did something similar last year. I was very weary of leggings because it was HOT and I was at the DL party which should have been cooler. I was sweating off my stitches in no time. The red hair was VERY hard to wash all the way out. I washed my hair 3 times that night and there was still red on my pillowcase the next morning
View attachment 233401 View attachment 233402

Off-topic, but I noticed the lanyards in your picture and was wondering how you like them for the parks? I'm thinking about trying to do this on our next trip as DD has gotten older and we probably don't "need" the backpack in the same way we used to. TIA!

I'm thinking of maybe making some mickey ears for my trip- I have a lovely minnie ears headband but it doesn't stay on my head! Last trip I ended up putting it on Mum's scooter most of the time!

Costume update: My Sally dress is too...not for my 45 year old body? I don't know. The skirt is too long (below my knees), and the top is too low-cut - like definitely not Disney friendly low. It's a one time use costume dress, and I got it on clearance, so I'll probably butcher it a bunch to make it more 45 year old mom friendly.

Costume update: My Sally dress is too...not for my 45 year old body? I don't know. The skirt is too long (below my knees), and the top is too low-cut - like definitely not Disney friendly low. It's a one time use costume dress, and I got it on clearance, so I'll probably butcher it a bunch to make it more 45 year old mom friendly.

I hate it when I get a item of clothing I think will be nice but it looks ick on me :(

How does the fabric feel? Is it hot humid friendly? I agree I would cut off the length and use the fabric to cover the top portion of the dress like a "secret cami". Google and you'll find lots of ideas.

EDIT: Removed video - Sorry guys not like you wanted to see that!:crazy2:

Off-topic, but I noticed the lanyards in your picture and was wondering how you like them for the parks? I'm thinking about trying to do this on our next trip as DD has gotten older and we probably don't "need" the backpack in the same way we used to. TIA!

I liked them. We kept our phones in them and they were water proof and our touch screens worked through them. They held the basics -phones, gift cards, AP's/Party tickets and FP's. You need to carry a lot more stuff at DL since they dont have magic bands but even with magic bands they are nice for keeping phones and cash that we may be carrying so we could be bag-less without worrying. On rides I just tucked it inside my shirt or took it off and put it in the little holder thingy. we will use them again on our next trip along with water bottles on long straps so we can be bagless.

How does the fabric feel? Is it hot humid friendly? I agree I would cut off the length and use the fabric to cover the top portion of the dress like a "secret cami". Google and you'll find lots of ideas.

EDIT: Removed video - Sorry guys not like you wanted to see that!:crazy2:
It's a stretchy material, but the style of the neckline doesn't lend itself to using the same material for a secret cami. I'd be better off just wearing a real one, or even using a piece of the leggings I'm going to cut up to make a Sally flesh colored swatch. We'll see.

Trying to plan out our trip and need to decide between the Halloween Party on Friday, October 27th and Sunday, October 29th.
Do you think the party on the Friday night would be noticeably busier than the one on the Sunday?

I'm soooo excited that the Halloween Party will be going on during our visit! This is our first time ever visiting during the summer (August) and I was so happy to see that there is an 8/29 party date! Last year was our first MNSSHP and we got rained out :worried: so we didn't get to do anything other than catch Hallowishes during a very brief break from the pouring rain, however; my (then) boyfriend also proposed that night, so it wasn't all bad! :love:

I liked them. We kept our phones in them and they were water proof and our touch screens worked through them. They held the basics -phones, gift cards, AP's/Party tickets and FP's. You need to carry a lot more stuff at DL since they dont have magic bands but even with magic bands they are nice for keeping phones and cash that we may be carrying so we could be bag-less without worrying. On rides I just tucked it inside my shirt or took it off and put it in the little holder thingy. we will use them again on our next trip along with water bottles on long straps so we can be bagless.

The goal is bagless - which was have never been able to pull off, but I figure with it being just for the party, it may work out. We're also spending a day at Universal during our trip and know their rides are less "backpack friendly." Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

The goal is bagless - which was have never been able to pull off, but I figure with it being just for the party, it may work out. We're also spending a day at Universal during our trip and know their rides are less "backpack friendly." Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

But ... don't we need a bag for trick or treat? ::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter