"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has already been covered, I've not got the time to read this giant thread.

I'm not sure what to do with picking a date! I don't know if I should go to the party on Friday 13th of Oct or pick a different date while I'm there. I don't know if its worth holding out for a villains themed event like they did in 2013 or if after the poor feedback following that they won't bother again. Any thoughts?

Apologies if this has already been covered, I've not got the time to read this giant thread.

I'm not sure what to do with picking a date! I don't know if I should go to the party on Friday 13th of Oct or pick a different date while I'm there. I don't know if its worth holding out for a villains themed event like they did in 2013 or if after the poor feedback following that they won't bother again. Any thoughts?

I dont know what your other travel days are and options. But IMO Friday the 13th is likely to be crowded just because its Friday the 13th, then add to that its the start of the weekend and more locals will probably come too, makes for a potentially very crowded day to go.

Is it overkill to go twice during our week stay? We will be there Aug 27th-Sept 2nd
Trying to debate if this is worth it price wise. Last year my 2 yr old stayed out til almost midnite, I also have a 12 yr old. We had a great time, I really enjoyed it, just don't know if we will have enough time to do the other things like Food and Wine and Pandora while we are there....help I am scatterbrained!!!
We have gone to two parties the last 2 years (and 2016 was only a 4 day trip!), so no, not overkill IMO! In fact, I'm quite sad we will only be doing 1 this year, as there is far too much to do and see to experience it all in one night. I much prefer being able to spread the activities and must do's over 2 nights, it's so much more relaxing!

I dont know what your other travel days are and options. But IMO Friday the 13th is likely to be crowded just because its Friday the 13th, then add to that its the start of the weekend and more locals will probably come too, makes for a potentially very crowded day to go.

Thanks I guess that is a factor to consider as well, I'm going to be in Florida for 2 weeks so there are plenty of other dates for me to choose from while I'm there. I've ruled out Columbus day because I thought that the crowds would be crazy that night. Other than that I don't have any set plans.

Now my husband wants to go to 2 partys! One for the party and one for riding rides with little to no wait... Is that true for the rides? And which rides are open during the party?

Now my husband wants to go to 2 partys! One for the party and one for riding rides with little to no wait... Is that true for the rides? And which rides are open during the party?

We only went to MVMCP and found that most rides have very short lines and some are walk-on. SDMT tends to still run about half an hour. As for what's closed, we honestly haven't seen any that are -- but could be it just wasn't on our 'ride list' so I can't say for sure.

You go to the boards and some people on there are so DOWN about everything and complain about everything, it really grinds my gears. The only reason I am saying is that some are complaining about the MNSSHP starting in August and, personally, I'm happy that it's starting that early so that some of you guys get to experience it. I've done it once already and it's not to be missed! Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it can get crowded. But is it worth it? 10000000% YES! The parade is out of this world, the wait times for rides are down, characters and costumes are everywhere, candy is everywhere, and the atmosphere is just so different and fresh! Plus HOCUS POCUS! I'm glad I joined this thread because you guys help me stay excited instead of bringing me down! :hug:

I've seen quite a few complaints (not here, though I've not looked!) about the start date and I've politely pointed out to a few that I'm thrilled due to working in a school in the UK/not being able to travel during September or October and MNSSHP being my Disney dream... and I've had a few people respond with "gee, I didn't think of that perspective" kind of responses! I always think, just because something Disney does doesn't suit me, doesn't mean everyone feels the same!

I've seen quite a few complaints (not here, though I've not looked!) about the start date and I've politely pointed out to a few that I'm thrilled due to working in a school in the UK/not being able to travel during September or October and MNSSHP being my Disney dream... and I've had a few people respond with "gee, I didn't think of that perspective" kind of responses! I always think, just because something Disney does doesn't suit me, doesn't mean everyone feels the same!
Yes! I'm also working around school breaks and I'm thrilled that I will get to go to MNSSHP (August 25th) - I had thought I might never get to go to one!

Thanks I guess that is a factor to consider as well, I'm going to be in Florida for 2 weeks so there are plenty of other dates for me to choose from while I'm there. I've ruled out Columbus day because I thought that the crowds would be crazy that night. Other than that I don't have any set plans.

What ever date you choose just make sure there is one or two dates you could pencil in in case of weather.:umbrella:

That's AWESOME! As for the rides I believe it has to do with your dates. As stated by others on Sold Out parties there might be longer waits between 4pm to 9pm and later so choosing your dates is very important.

I can understand it seeming early to celebrate Halloween, I don't enjoy rushing seasons (Christmas). But to other's points, I am excited to celebrate Halloween during our Labor Day trip, which is the only time we can head to Disney this year and I LOVE Halloween at Disney.

Spoiler: I would celebrate Halloween 365 days a year though :hmghost:

I've not seen anyone respond, so what are your dates?

Do you purchase tickets thru Disney or do the ticket vendor websites sell them all well?

SO excited this is happening during our August trip!

Both. You can purchase party tickets online or at the gate, however if you wait to purchase at the gate during a busy time they might be sold out.
Vendors cannot sell these tickets.

We have been going to MNSSHP every year for the past 4 years and I never knew that there was an AP discount on party tixs. To get the AP discount, would I need to buy them in person at Dis or can I buy them online like normal (or call) and get the AP discount that way? DD (8) and I are flying down on May 13 for the Pandora AP preview and, if they are on sale by then, I'll buy them while there (if buying in person is the only way to get the AP discount).

Thanks all.

It's only on select nights and can be purchased online or calling in. Also at the resort if there's still availability.

Do you purchase tickets thru Disney or do the ticket vendor websites sell them all well?

SO excited this is happening during our August trip!

Only Disney - either online, calling in or at the resort.

Hello! Happy to say we just booked a quick trip (at our favorite resort, the poly!), mainly for MNSSHP. This will be our 2nd year to do the party! We plan on attending November 1st! Excited to be there over Halloween Day, last year we left on the 30th. I noticed it looked like a lot of the resorts had Halloween festivities going...we may resort hop a bit that day, anyone have any tips on where we should stop?

Hello! Happy to say we just booked a quick trip (at our favorite resort, the poly!), mainly for MNSSHP. This will be our 2nd year to do the party! We plan on attending November 1st! Excited to be there over Halloween Day, last year we left on the 30th. I noticed it looked like a lot of the resorts had Halloween festivities going...we may resort hop a bit that day, anyone have any tips on where we should stop?

Closer to October, Resort Activities will be released & added to Post 2. You can check last year's thread for 2016 Resort Info. Probably a preference of what you want to do.

Hello all,
I have a quick question which day in your opinion is a better day to go to the Halloween party Sunday September 10th or Tuesday September 12th. I have a 5 and a 2 year old and a sometimes grumpy husband hahaha. I just want opinions on which one would be less crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter