"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like the same advice on the October 3rd party. I'd rather wait if possible and see how the weather is shaking out and when the rest of the entertainment calander with info about ROL and SWAGS come out but I would be incredibly bummed to see it sell out without me.

We are planning on going on September 24th but I'm trying to decide how long we can wait to buy the tickets. I don't think crowds would be an issue but correct me if I'm wrong. I'm more concerned about the weather. The last time we went to DW was in 2013 when there was a torrential downpour like none other that I have ever experienced in Florida. If I didn't know better, I would have thought we were riding out a hurricane in DW. Anyway, any advice on when to buy tickets for 9/24?
That's our day too!! We are thinking of adding 9/22 or 9/26 as well though! Can't wait!!

I wonder which characters will be out?? Hopefully someone new!!! Looking forward to the variety of candy, will it be the same as last year or different?? Now to decide which characters to see, where to eat, what to wear, oh my!!!!:simba::tigger:pooh:

Those of you who have been to the 1st Halloween party does the MK decorate gradually for Halloween like the week before? Or is it an overnight thing?

Thanks! I found it, but on page 34 after thinking I was going crazy or just extremely exhausted, and am tucking in to start reading. We'll see how far I get! ;)

I'm sorry for the confusion. I started a post on page 33 called "Who’s going to the first MNSSHP? - Part 1" Part 2 and Part 3 are also on page 33 and on page 34 is Part 4 which includes a link to an awesome trip report.

Again I'm sorry for the confusion but I'm glad you found it and I hope it helps!:flower3:

So for those of you that have park tickets and will be at Magic Kingdom all day the day of MNSSHP, do you usually bring costumes with you? Wear them all day? Take a break mid-day and get changed and come back? I'm trying to decide what makes the most sense here.

We'll be there with our 4 year old, and had planned on sleeping in that day since it's such a late night, coming to MK around noon to ride rides, then we have a 2:30 appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and a 4:20 reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table before going to the party. Her costume will be whatever she decides to get at BBB, so she's covered. But my husband and I need to decide when to get in costume. (They'll probably be very simple...maybe Minnie and Mickey or something.) Do people just wear them all day?

So for those of you that have park tickets and will be at Magic Kingdom all day the day of MNSSHP, do you usually bring costumes with you? Wear them all day? Take a break mid-day and get changed and come back? I'm trying to decide what makes the most sense here.

We'll be there with our 4 year old, and had planned on sleeping in that day since it's such a late night, coming to MK around noon to ride rides, then we have a 2:30 appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and a 4:20 reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table before going to the party. Her costume will be whatever she decides to get at BBB, so she's covered. But my husband and I need to decide when to get in costume. (They'll probably be very simple...maybe Minnie and Mickey or something.) Do people just wear them all day?

I wonder whether we are allowed to be in costume before 4 pm as well. I am planning to take an afternoon break back to the hotel (BC). Then go to EP for a snack before going to MK via Express Bus to bypass the anticipated long line for my FPs before the party. Now I am worried that I won't be allowed into EP in my Ursula costume. I have been thinking of carrying the costume in a backpack or wearing a t-shirt on top.

Another option is to go Disney bounding.

Hope someone with past experiences can share their insights with us! TIA!!

@OMGBecky and @AngelDisney

Only kids are allowed to wear costumes to the park during regular park hours. Adults can wear them starting at 4pm. There are lockers if you need to store your belongings. I think most people prefer to visit a park in the morning, take a break in the afternoon and return to MK at 3:30.
Adults are not allowed to wear costumes at other parks but Disneybounding is perfect.
Also new security measures are in effect so plan accordingly.

EDIT: Adult Costumes @ 4pm.

Last edited:
@OMGBecky and @AngelDisney

Only kids are allowed to wear costumes to the park during regular park hours. Adults can wear them during the party. There are lockers if you need to store your belongings. I think most people prefer to visit a park in the morning, take a break in the afternoon and return to MK at 3:30.
Adults are not allowed to wear costumes at other parks but Disneybounding is perfect.
Also new security measures are in effect so plan accordingly.

:thanks:

I think this sounds perfect! Also you & DH (Disney Husband) should be able to get dressed before you leave BBB then arrive to your ADR. After dinner get your wrist bands, tot bags at a location close to where you are just show your MNSSHP hard ticket, or MB.

EDIT: Wrist Band Locations (2016 MNSSHP):
Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland)
Fantasy Faire (Fantasyland)
Exit to Monsters, Inc. (Tomorrowland)

Last edited:
What are you all doing before your party day? I think we will rest and head over around 3:15 to get in line and through security to enter at 4:00. If I end up with 5 day tickets and have a ticket for that day, we might go at 1:00 to get a couple extra extra hours in. I don't want to wear my daughters out though.

Slightly off topic but when does Party City bring out all their Halloween costumes? I am just dying to buy one of those princess costumes my daughter always gets but I can't cause I am 41 princess:

I was in Party City 2 or 3 weeks ago and they had a small selection of costumes available. I always see those temporary Halloween stores start opening in late August, too.

What are you all doing before your party day? I think we will rest and head over around 3:15 to get in line and through security to enter at 4:00. If I end up with 5 day tickets and have a ticket for that day, we might go at 1:00 to get a couple extra extra hours in. I don't want to wear my daughters out though.

We're doing a "late" Bon Voyage breakfast, then relaxing/swimming at the resort, then heading out to the party around 3.

We have a ADR at trex at 11:15, so we plan to sleep in go to lunch, then wonder around DS before heading back to the room to get ready and head to the party!!

We're doing a "late" Bon Voyage breakfast, then relaxing/swimming at the resort, then heading out to the party around 3.
That's sort of our plan for the first party. We're staying at the Poy, so we'll sleep in and have a late breakfast at Ohana, then swim and relax for a few hours before we get ready and go. :)

We are doing a pool day. Since we will be having a late night and we will still be getting used to the time change we will need a relaxed day to keep us going. Ugh all those day where I plan to have us up at 6:30-7:00 will be like 3:30-4:00 to us. Its going to be a doozy.

We are going to sleep in, swim and recharge our batteries before arriving at-hopefully 3:15ish was well. I am still trying to decide on our late lunch ADR-2:00 at Kona cafe and take the Monorail to MK or 4:30 at Liberty Tree Tavern?

I plan on MK in the am leave around noon head back to WL, eat lunch in room while getting ready n head back to MK around 2:30pm. I would rather get there early and get through security than not get there on time n wait forever for my character picture.

Dates in late August excite me despite others' complaints of "too early" - late August is my birthday! I'd LOVE MNSSHP!
Mine too! August 30th girl here, and we'll be doing our first family trip along with MNSSHP this year for my birthday 'week'!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter