"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you all doing before your party day? I think we will rest and head over around 3:15 to get in line and through security to enter at 4:00. If I end up with 5 day tickets and have a ticket for that day, we might go at 1:00 to get a couple extra extra hours in. I don't want to wear my daughters out though.

DD is desperate to play mini golf this round so we were thinking of trying that out in the morning. Originally I thought maybe water park, but I'm worried that will exhaust everyone. I think mini golf might be a nice compromise.

What are you all doing before your party day? I think we will rest and head over around 3:15 to get in line and through security to enter at 4:00. If I end up with 5 day tickets and have a ticket for that day, we might go at 1:00 to get a couple extra extra hours in. I don't want to wear my daughters out though.
As we only have 3 full park days this trip, we're planning to go to Animal Kingdom late morning to use our 3 FP+ (a Pandora ride, Safari, maybe Festival of the Lion King), go back to the resort for the pool (if there is time) and change into costumes, get to Magic Kingdom around 4:15/4:30PM and then dinner at Skipper Canteen at 5PM.

I feel a little bad for those that dont like Halloween and dont want to go to parties. I know a fair amount of people who dont celebrate it for personal or religious reasons and they plan there trips around avoiding the Halloween season. It should have been pretty safe bet that Halloween wouldnt encroach upon their mid summer trips. Fall doesn't even really start until late September so I can how people would be disappointed.

Me? I love it. Its my favorite and the more the better :duck:. Let them spread out the crowds by offering it earlier so not everyone needs to go when I am there in October.

Just curious, I've never been to MNSSP, how does it work with the rides? Is everything still open? Do they still do fastpoasses that night?

Most of the rides are open. Mainly I can think of CP as being one that if it is open closes part way thru the party and maybe a couple others. There are no FP's for the parties.
Although if you don't use your 3 fastpasses elsewhere that day you can try and make some from 4-7pm.

I know it's awfully early in August, but as a teacher, I'd never otherwise get to do MNSSHP, so we will absolutely be there on 8/25....SO EXCITED! :simba:
I second that!! Though I teach college, I have to work around semesters or even half semesters this is how I get to go in October.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I started a post on page 33 called "Who’s going to the first MNSSHP? - Part 1" Part 2 and Part 3 are also on page 33 and on page 34 is Part 4 which includes a link to an awesome trip report.

Again I'm sorry for the confusion but I'm glad you found it and I hope it helps!:flower3:

No worries! I seriously kept asking myself what I was missing before I was like, duh, check the next page! I have literally been reading through it off and on since! So thank you so much for posting it!

@OMGBecky and @AngelDisney

Only kids are allowed to wear costumes to the park during regular park hours. Adults can wear them starting at 4pm. There are lockers if you need to store your belongings. I think most people prefer to visit a park in the morning, take a break in the afternoon and return to MK at 3:30.
Adults are not allowed to wear costumes at other parks but Disneybounding is perfect.
Also new security measures are in effect so plan accordingly.

EDIT: Adult Costumes @ 4pm.

Lockers, of course! Didn't even dawn on me. Thank you! :)

does anyone else Think the August Dates are going to be packed?? My gut Feeling is all those with Kids still on break will do the Party as they never really have a Chance otherwise.. Not all parents pull Kids for Disney. or teachers who dont get off.

Yes, I'm reading of a lot of people on other forums and fb pages who are going to the August parties for the reasons you mention. I think the first party in particular will be very busy. We'll be there on 25th August :)

Claire :)

My husband and I are going to be at WDW on August 25th. We were considering doing the party. We will not have any children with us. We have 2 grandchildren, one is 1 1/2, another 4 months and one on the way in November. We both love Halloween and get a kick out of seeing kids all dressed up for Halloween. My question is, if it is a sold out party, just how crowded is it?? Will the line for rides be crazy long??? We won't be doing any of the candy stuff or M&G stuff. We just thought it would be fun to be there and see the fireworks and all the festivities and ride rides with minimal wait. If the wait time will be around 30 min or more, we decided we would wait until our grandkids are old enough to enjoy this party and bring them with us.

does anyone else Think the August Dates are going to be packed?? My gut Feeling is all those with Kids still on break will do the Party as they never really have a Chance otherwise.. Not all parents pull Kids for Disney. or teachers who dont get off.
It's hard to say. Last year the first party was early too, the Friday beginning labour day weekend. The party wasn't crowded at all. Last week of August is not crowded either. I really don't think the party is going to pull in a bunch of new bookings.

My husband and I are going to be at WDW on August 25th. We were considering doing the party. We will not have any children with us. We have 2 grandchildren, one is 1 1/2, another 4 months and one on the way in November. We both love Halloween and get a kick out of seeing kids all dressed up for Halloween. My question is, if it is a sold out party, just how crowded is it?? Will the line for rides be crazy long??? We won't be doing any of the candy stuff or M&G stuff. We just thought it would be fun to be there and see the fireworks and all the festivities and ride rides with minimal wait. If the wait time will be around 30 min or more, we decided we would wait until our grandkids are old enough to enjoy this party and bring them with us.

The biggest difference for me in sold out versus non-sold out are the crowds in the Hub for Wishes and the crowds waiting for the parades. These crowds seemed non-existent last year at the first party.

I found wait times for rides reasonable, and long lines for rare character meet and greets long no matter how crowded it is.

The biggest difference for me in sold out versus non-sold out are the crowds in the Hub for Wishes and the crowds waiting for the parades. These crowds seemed non-existent last year at the first party.

I found wait times for rides reasonable, and long lines for rare character meet and greets long no matter how crowded it is.
Thank you

It's hard to say. Last year the first party was early too, the Friday beginning labour day weekend. The party wasn't crowded at all. Last week of August is not crowded either. I really don't think the party is going to pull in a bunch of new bookings.
We were there last year on sept 2. We found it insanely crowded. Much more than 4 yrs ago beginning sept. We left actually as for "party " crowds we were frustrated at the lines. Most rides were 30 min plus. Not worth it. We said this year forget it. Though the 25 th aug. We might reconsider as my DH is still in Florida and it's cheaper than a one day ticket.

We were there last year on sept 2. We found it insanely crowded. Much more than 4 yrs ago beginning sept. We left actually as for "party " crowds we were frustrated at the lines. Most rides were 30 min plus. Not worth it. We said this year forget it. Though the 25 th aug. We might reconsider as my DH is still in Florida and it's cheaper than a one day ticket.

Insanely crowded? Wow! We had a totally different experience then. We didn't find ride lines bad at all. My kids kept going on Space Mountain later in the evening with no wait. I guess it depends on what you're used to. We are used to sold out parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter