• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

Question between the rip tour and the general Express Pass if we are staying on site and so the valet doesn't come into play is it worth twice the price to go with the rip tour versus buying just an Express Pass thank you

RIP Tour is awesome.

RIP TOUR

1. You have a tour guide.

2. Special tour Lanyard.

3. Tour guide will take you to the front of every house.

3. You will meet up at selected time at Cafe LaBamba before tour starts for snacks, water,
sodas and cute Halloween desserts which are all included.
There is also a cash bar. Be there at least 1/2 hour to 45 minutes if possible before tour
starts do you can enjoy the snacks.

4. Tour guide will take you to the front of the line on selected rides.

5. Seats for show.

6. Two stops at air conditioned lounges for drinks ( cash bar). They did this last year. Very nice
as it was hot during our tour.

7. Can return to Cafe LaBamba though the night for water, snacks and beverages.

8. Small tour group. I think there were about 10 in our group.

Express for the night will get you standing in line with everyone else who has Express.

RIP Tour is great if you have limited time at HHN and you want to see every house in one night.

RIP well worth the money.

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply. We will be there for 3 nights. Just doing the math, do I do 1 night rip or 2 nights express. It's about same price. Going Sept 21 thru 23.

Thanks

Running the numbers if you did the Coke UPC discount for 9-21, 9-22, 9-23 for tickets for 2 people with taxes it would be $ 455.26. Express for 9-21 and 9-22 for 2 people would be $ 404.66 for a total of $ 860.42.

Get the Rush of Fear Pass ROF (this will cover your admission for all the nights you are at HHN) $195.94 with taxes for 2 people and then add Express for 9-21 and 9-22 (these 2 nights have the cheaper Express option) 404.66 for a total of $606.60.

ROF $195.94 with taxes for 2 people and do the RIP Tour on 9-21 it cheaper this day 383.38 with taxes for 2 people for a total of $ 579.32. This is the way to go. Then if you want to do more houses another day after your RIP tour since you have the ROF pass you can wait in the designated holding areas inside Universal after Universal closes to those who do not have tickets for HHN. You will get released earlier while others are still waiting to get into the event. This will allow you to get to the houses you liked the best and in to see them before the park fills up.

As Robo56 said, RIP is a fantastic option for all the reasons stated. 2 slight negatives to the tour: last year we didn't get to see the Academy of Villains show and we basically just walked through the scare zones. Having said that, after the tour ended, we could have went back through the zones again if we wanted. There might have even been another AoV show after the tour, but I'm thinking there wasn't the night we had the tour.

Personally, if I was going your 3 nights, I think I'd get the Rush of Fear + Express Pass for $300 + tax each. We like to take our time and tour at a leisure pace stopping in the zones and snacks and drinks. And unless I just absolutely don't like a house (e.g. Run), I want to go through each house every night.

Good point imprint ROF + Express would get them into HHN on all of their selected nights plus give them Express all three nights for $638.85 tax included. This is a big savings to everyone who is going during the first ten nights of HHN.

How crowded is Halloween Night and do they do anything special on Halloween Night.

As Robo56 said, RIP is a fantastic option for all the reasons stated. 2 slight negatives to the tour: last year we didn't get to see the Academy of Villains show and we basically just walked through the scare zones. Having said that, after the tour ended, we could have went back through the zones again if we wanted. There might have even been another AoV show after the tour, but I'm thinking there wasn't the night we had the tour.

Personally, if I was going your 3 nights, I think I'd get the Rush of Fear + Express Pass for $300 + tax each. We like to take our time and tour at a leisure pace stopping in the zones and snacks and drinks. And unless I just absolutely don't like a house (e.g. Run), I want to go through each house every night.

Wasn't blown away by the show. Did you do a private or public tour? If public, with some planning can work in the show prior or post depending on which time slot you book.

As for scare zones, I wouldn't want to be utilizing tour time on them. would rather do a repeat thru a house if on a private tour. They are great fun and offer a slightly different experience each time you traverse them, but I look upon them as a complement to the main course - the houses.

Know people from the area who spend majority of evening sitting at the bar in Simpsons area. To each their own, no wrong or right way to do HHN. Just need to figure out what's most important to you to achieve and make it happen.

Thanks I think we will do the ROF with Express. This way we will have the express pass for the 3 nights. We have an annual pass, we upgraded our tickets last fall, knowing we will be back for HHN. So we will most likely hang in the holding areas and do a house or two before the major crowds then do it later with the express pass. I also booked us a scareactor dinner one night just for a different experience.

Purchased my 2017 AP HHN FFP Plus Express last night. I'm shocked the cost didn't go up from last year.

Purchased my 2017 AP HHN FFP Plus Express last night. I'm shocked the cost didn't go up from last year.

I checked the Rush of Fear with Express Pass and it is exactly the same price as last year too.......we got our tickets delivered by FedEx last week and we thought we paid more this year, but yep, surprised to see we paid the same as last year.

Feels like a downright bargain now :D

Considering taking DD to our first HHN - from those who have taken kids, what age did you find appropriate? She's into scary movies lately but I think having them in your face may be a bit much. She loves watching the videos of Ellen and Jimmy Fallon going through the houses each year but doesn't realize they might not be as "funny" as when they are being shown on TV.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter