Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

I chose print at home option on tickets. Has anyone had issues about scanning tickets? If so, what can be done if your ticket doesn't scan?
no, ive never had an issue with them scanning.. ive also had them folded in my cargo pocket in my shorts etc.
If you are in fear of having an issue there is an option to download them... they download as a PDF file.
I have a samsung Note 5 and it displays PDF's... not sure what you have... so i just keep the PDF on my phone.
I assume you could even take a picture or even just load them up on your phone display off of your email on your phone browser if you wanted.

I chose print at home option on tickets. Has anyone had issues about scanning tickets? If so, what can be done if your ticket doesn't scan?
I sometimes have issues scanning at the mobile ticket readers at the entrance to the holding areas. But I just show my AP and there's no issues. I doesn't happen often...just every now and then.

What are the youngest kids you know have attended HHN? It gets REALLY scary right? My seven year old heard her mom and I discuss our trip and if the two of us should go (while asking my in laws to babysit). She wanted to go with us, but it's waaay to scary for a 7 year old right?

USO suggests ages 13+. I've been several years, and I love the event. My kids would absolutely be scarred for life if attended at 7 years old. Having said that, I know there are some users here that have taken kids that old and their kids had a blast. Use your best judgement about your kids. I would err on the side of caution, though. Check out youtube videos of the scare zones. You'll get a good idea.

the event recommends 13 and older as they will not refund tickets if parents feel it is too much for their younger children to attend.

have seen some younger kids at hhn.
some handle it and some don't.

depends on the child and only the parent would know best what they can handle.

it's not only the scare factor but the type of crowds you can find some nights at hhn.

some parts of the park will be dark and could be scary for a young one.

some of the female scareactors are eye candy for the guys, you'll hear words that your child would have not heard before if at age 7, and bill and ted's show will have a lot of profanity and flesh showing.
music in the parks and crowds are loud, can't avoid that very well.

drinking will happen.
drink stands at many places in the parks and some drinks sold at the entrance around the lines.
blood bag drinks a speciality for hhn
high priced for not much alcohol in them but they sell a lot of them in the parks.

For those that have been the first night int he past I was wondering if there is more going on on the opening night of HHN, some sort of kickoff event for example.

For those that have been the first night int he past I was wondering if there is more going on on the opening night of HHN, some sort of kickoff event for example.

There is a little opening ceremony of sorts on first night..........there are some fireworks which aren't great as it's still so light and they do a little thing of opening the gate and declaring the frightfest open.......there are characters there and the usual chainsaw people.

It's not really worth making a point to see it unless you are already going to be at the gates for opening time.

They are called the "Opening Scaremonies"...I've never done them since I'm usually in one of the holding areas.

They are called the "Opening Scaremonies"...I've never done them since I'm usually in one of the holding areas.

We did it for the first time last year as we've stopped doing the holding areas..........I didn't expect much. It was ok, but wouldn't make a point of being there. You're not missing much at all........:)

USO suggests ages 13+. I've been several years, and I love the event. My kids would absolutely be scarred for life if attended at 7 years old. Having said that, I know there are some users here that have taken kids that old and their kids had a blast. Use your best judgement about your kids. I would err on the side of caution, though. Check out youtube videos of the scare zones. You'll get a good idea.
Thanks to both you and macraven.

We won't go to hhn with her. We will probably settle on the Halloween party in another park close by lol. But we will be staying for two weeks at UO, so my wife and I will most definitely go to HHN! Never been, looking forward to it.

Does anyone know about a pass to get in IOA a few hours prior to HHN opening? I did something like that in 2012, and went in a back entrance into HHN. Can't find any info about it online.

there was an entrance from ioa to get into the studios for hhn that i remember, but it didn't let people in early to the park.

it was when hhn opened early after the park was cleared out and all released from the holding pens at the studios

Looks like orange co schools have off Friday 10/13 & Monday 10/16 this year along with Friday 10/27

https://www.ocps.net/about_us/calendars/2017-18_school_calendar

If looking @ the first two weeks of October, I'd suggest avoiding Columbus Day weekend if possible, including the Thursday prior. I don't buy EP, it seems busier every year.

Would pick in descending order: Wednesday, 10/4, Sunday 10/1 or Wednesday 10/11

Quick Question: Looking at the Orange County school calendar (thanks for the link!), it lists this:
  • Friday October 13, 2017 - End of 1st marking period
  • Monday October 16, 2017 - Student holiday/teacher workday
Are they actually out of school on that Friday or is it just stating that is the last day of the "marking period" but they still have classes?

My trip is 10/10 - 10/14. I should be fine for HHN on Wed, 10/11, but worried about the parks being crazy-busy during the day that Friday/Saturday if they are out of school... Staying at Cabana Bay so I don't have any EPs.

TIA!

Quick Question: Looking at the Orange County school calendar (thanks for the link!), it lists this:
Are they actually out of school on that Friday or is it just stating that is the last day of the "marking period" but they still have classes?

My trip is 10/10 - 10/14. I should be fine for HHN on Wed, 10/11, but worried about the parks being crazy-busy during the day that Friday/Saturday if they are out of school... Staying at Cabana Bay so I don't have any EPs.

TIA!

Sorry can't say, perhaps a local could chime in to help. My guess is a 4 day weekend, but only a thought as that's how they do it here (teachers get the day off to input grades).

No they are just out on Monday...Friday is a regular school day.

I've just had to google this, never heard of it.

Heard of Evil Dead of course, but this show is new to me.........looks like a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter