Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Once again, this thread is designed to be your go-to place for information as to this year's HHN.

This is a work in progress and will be updated as information rolls out

Please feel free to chat and post any sites you feel will help others plan their trips & they will be linked in post #9

Above all else, be excellent to each other:thumbsup2

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

http://blog.universalorlando.com/tag/halloween-horror-nights/

https://www.facebook.com/halloweenhorrornightsorlando?ref=ts#

2016's thread

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2016-hhn-26-thread.3517832/

Last edited:
Houses & Scare Zones

Announcemnt, June 8 - All Our Times Will Come.

Join a nightmarish celebration at Universal's Halloween Horror Nights™. Revel in the terror with some of the vilest beings ever to walk the earth. Soak up every fear-drenched moment with

9 houses,
5 scare zones
2 live shows cut from the most twisted stories in horror history

#1 American Horror Story, announced March 29

#2 The Shining, announced May 19

#3 Ash vs Evil Dead, announced July 28

#4 Saw, the Games of Jigsaw, announced August 14

#5 (one house) a trilogy of Sinister, Insidious & The Purge, announced August 30

Remaining 4 houses announced August 31

#6 The Fallen
6IMG_2331.jpg

#7 Dead Waters
IMG_2332.jpg

#8 The Hive
IMG_2333.jpg

#9 Scarecrow the Reaper
IMG_2334.jpg

SCARE ZONES:

Altars of Horror - features characters found in this year's houses

Invasion! - alien scientists, “Grotesque human experiments” and the destruction of Earth.

Festival of the Deadliest - a “ghastly collection of madmen and monsters,”

Trick ‘r Treat,” a 2007 film directed by Michael Dougherty that incorporates Halloween traditions and “the infamous Sam.

The Purge

SHOWS:

So long, farewell he farewell to "Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure”

Academy of Villains returns with a new production

Last edited:

Official video/commerical directed by Eli Roth, same for USO & USH

Last edited:

IMG_1882.PNG IMG_1883.jpg IMG_1884.jpg IMG_1885.jpg Add on Experiences, Scareactor Meals, Dining Options

Last edited:
I'm kinda of confused about the ticket pricing structure and usage. The more expensive ticket is really only if you want to go on a Saturday night, right? Why would you buy one if you're going on a Friday night? Do they limit the number of tickets sold? Does the event ever sell out?

I am planning on going opening Friday, so I am going to buy a Sun - Fri ticket. What if the park reaches capacity? I leave on Sunday and is my ticket now useless? Or has it never reached capacity? I'm used to MNSSHP where you buy a ticket for the day you want, not an open ended ticket.

Also, since I am going opening night, do I HAVE to buy my ticket in advance or would there still be sales that day?

I used to always start going opening weekend for hhn

This is when hhn began the last weekend of sept

Years later opening weekend was moved to the week prior to end of sept
Now it begins mid September

On opening night and once the media left, not much of crowds at the front of the park

My dates each year includes Columbus Day weekend
Starting with oct 1 and stay two weeks

This time period does have crowds and hell week also makes the parks a full house

Only have seen or read sell outs in some Sunday's during a holiday weekend

Chuckers never have seen opening night sell out for admission tickets
Think you will be fine

Have not heard of ep sell outs for your time period yet

If you are not sure you want to to do
Hhn you can wait and buy your ticket a few days before and do kiosk pick up or buy it that day

Saturday has always had the higher hhn tickets

With flex tickets this year, you can use the ticket for certain nights

Think this will help spread crowds out more evenly or help slow down requests for going to guest services to exchange ticket dates

Many of us regulars for hhn are waiting for passes
Past years we had ROF and FF passes with or without express

I'm kinda of confused about the ticket pricing structure and usage. The more expensive ticket is really only if you want to go on a Saturday night, right? Why would you buy one if you're going on a Friday night? Do they limit the number of tickets sold? Does the event ever sell out?

I am planning on going opening Friday, so I am going to buy a Sun - Fri ticket. What if the park reaches capacity? I leave on Sunday and is my ticket now useless? Or has it never reached capacity? I'm used to MNSSHP where you buy a ticket for the day you want, not an open ended ticket.

Also, since I am going opening night, do I HAVE to buy my ticket in advance or would there still be sales that day?

They do love to tinker with the ticket structure each year. IMO this is a great idea!!!

There are fire code constraints as to park capacity. Stay & Scream or get there early and you would likely have no issue entering even on the busiest of nights. Navigating without the EP is another story lol.

I really wish MNSSHP would offer flex ticket. Many times it's been a near wash out for the date we picked and have scrambled to adjust to another to try & fit with our tight schedule. WDW states these tix sales are final. Anecdotally reading here, it seems they aren't quite as accommodating as they used to be letting guests switch date of their party tickets. As in all things YMMV.

Somewhat surprised to see Halloween proper included in flex ticket. Thought there would be blackout dates imposed for it, hellweek & Columbus Day weekend.:confused3

So when I bought my vacation package with HHN tickets, it had me pick a date. There are two going on during the week I go, so I have to go on the date I picked right? It was Wednesday or Thursday and I just picked Thursday. I wasn't sure what day was better.

From my experiences, Wednesday has the lightest crowds

But, during hell week that is not necessarily true

Hell week is when the local schools and some counties have no school

It was termed hell week (not sure when) but was referred to rhat phrase When i went for my first hhn in 1999

Teens can hit the parks and spend their day/evening at UO hhn event

Thursday used to be a well kept secret until others jumped in for a low attendance night event

But crowds on Thursday are manageable

Nothing like the line waits that happens Friday, Saturday and Sunday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter