• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would secure FD on line before cancelling your current reservation if you can't modify the one you have.

Thank you for your response. So if I am unable to modify I should be able to create a new reservation even if I don't have the original cancelled?

Can I get your opinion? I stayed at Pop with FD last year and I really liked Pop. Planned on doing it again this year but after adding PH and whatnot, FD would only save me $50. So of course the crazy Disney wheels in my head start turning and I got a monorail resort bug.

I don't really love anything about the Contemporary except for its location but I can get it for about $1,700 more than Pop. Just typing that out I see it is a ton of money. But I have a 3yo and a 5yo and the location just seems so convenient and it would be nice to just see that side of things and see the fireworks at night and not have to deal with buses and whatnot. I am getting a bonus at work that I planned to use for savings so I could swing it but it's definitely not the smartest financial move. So I guess what I am asking is, is it TRULY worth it? Would you do it?

FWIW, we are staying at AKL the last 3 nights of our trip (rented points).

Now that we are on the eve of booking our trip DH is really stepping up the "we can't afford it this year" spiel. So I casually pulled up a slideshow of last year's Disney trip on the TV and slowly his face started showing that smile that only Disney brings. I asked "now isn't your heart filled with $3,000 Disney trip joy?" He nods, yup.:jumping1:

Nice sales pitch! 8-)

This kind of matches up with my way of thinking. I mean, I'm going no matter what. But I booked my room back in February hoping that FD would be offered during my dates. I knew it didn't guarantee me getting it if it was offered. But it did guarantee that I got a room that I wanted at the resort that I wanted.
We did the same thing. We're going regardless of FD or not, but I also booked early in order to make the dining reservations because if FD drops and we get it but can't get in anywhere, that's disappointing too.

Okay. We will just have to see (I thought that was brazillian? is that SA? And I thought SA said 7 night minimum but some said you didn't really have to do that?)

I have no skin in the game. I'm staying for 10 nights/11 days, with 10 night hopper. BUT, I just don't want anyone to think they are out of it when they still might have a shot. I had not seen confirmation of the 3 night minimum, 2 day PH or PH+ that I heard on Friday afternoon until WDW News Today. So I didn't say anything until there was outside confirmation.
Viajero is Argentinian, the other TA quoted was suggesting a 7 day ticket because that is usually the minimum a South American visitor buys.

I'm staying for 14 nights and I've never visited without hoppers so it's not like I'd be affected either way.

Last edited:

Now that we are on the eve of booking our trip DH is really stepping up the "we can't afford it this year" spiel. So I casually pulled up a slideshow of last year's Disney trip on the TV and slowly his face started showing that smile that only Disney brings. I asked "now isn't your heart filled with $3,000 Disney trip joy?" He nods, yup.:jumping1:

MissNikki, you are one smart lady and a girl after my own heart. WAAY high five!:flower3::idea::sunny:

What time exactly does free dining go live online? I thought last year it was around 6 am but an email I just received said it could start at 4 am..

Maybe this would make it easier:
"The Horse _____" -(movie with Robert Redford).
Hitchhikers ____ to the Galaxy.
fill in the blanks-they are titles of movies
City nearest our obsession. (the city we are all headed to-lol)
The ______ _________ to _________
edited to add right name! ;)
Thank-You so much!

Fingers crossed everyone is able to get what they want tomorrow. I'm hoping for Pop preferred with ASMu my backup. :) My question is this-how likely am I to get Pop preferred if there aren't any rooms available *now* for my dates? Do they hold any rooms back for promos or is it you just take what's left? (I should seriously know the answer to this one as we've done FD 3 times now! :D)

We loved ASMu but I would like to try Pop as we've never stayed there.

POP is set up differently than the AllStars. I would book standard there and keep looking for preferred. Most of the areas are not far from the food court or buses. Just do some research and then request a closer room

I'm so sorry if this has already been answered but my weekend is crazy and I have approximately 5 minutes until my next thing.

Can someone who has gotten FD online before help me out? I currently see the 'change reservation' option so I'm pretty sure I can do it online. Do I change where it says Package and there will be a FD package option or do I change at the Dining Plan section and there will be an option for the free one??

Thanks so much! Getting so excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter